• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

And that's as good as it being released. I don't see why some viewers would feel the need to complicate the situation: Agoyon left Satoshi's team, and went back to Ultra Space. Considering it being anything other than released at this point is rather injudicious.

Look at how Paul released Pokemon.

Is that what Ash did. I don't like how when Paul releases it, it becomes a wild Pokemon the exact nature of releasing Ash using his OWN Poke ball to catch Chimchar.

But Ash letting the Pokemon live in the wild qualifies as a release, has always bothered me, I'll accept it, but its just not true, Pokemon are not digital creatures their location doesn't need to be tied to a lab. Ash can still recall his Pokemon to their balls.

Releasing a Pokemon should ONLY be about making it wild again. That's releasing a Pokemon. After all Jessie destroyed Dustox's Poke ball so it could never return.

Red and Blue

As long as he still has their balls Ash technically owns them. We saw that when Naganadel returned Ash still kept its Beast Ball. And when he handed over five Poke Balls to Oak at the start of SM

MegaSalamence05

I've always termed Released Pokemon as Pokemon not under the care of or in the possession of their Original Trainer. What do the examples below have in common. They're all in custody of non human individuals. Even though Ash still holds their respective Pokeballs if they do make a re-appearance they can rejoin if needed and if the respective Pokemon's situation has changed and evolved.

Squirtle, Primeape and Goodra's situations aside.
For Example:
Greninja is being looked after by Zygarde (Non-Human)

Pidgeot is the leader of an entire flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto (Non-Human)

Butterfree is in the companionship of another Butterfree (Non-Human)

Lapras is now Co-Leader of the school of Travelling Lapras (Non-Human)

Naganadel is an Alternate dimensional being and is the presumptive Co-Leader of the Poipole population. (Non-Human)

World Turtle

It wouldn't surprise me if Ash didn't even know about the release function of the pokeball till he saw Paul do it. Ash just lets the pokemon leave and that's it. He might still technically own Butterfree and the others. At least in the sense they can't be caught by anyone else.

Also I could totally see Ash having kept Butterfree's and the other's pokeballs as momentous.

Nikinini

And that's as good as it being released. I don't see why some viewers would feel the need to complicate the situation: Agoyon left Satoshi's team, and went back to Ultra Space. Considering it being anything other than released at this point is rather injudicious.

Releasing, like alot of other stuff, works different in the anime.

In the games it's permanent, with it returning to the wild, but in the anime a pokemon can be "released" but still be owned by it's trainer.
Butterfree and Laplace were propperly released. They wanted to return to the wild to live with their families, so Satoshi released them. Even when Laplace reappeared again as an adult and leader of it's herd in Johto, it wasn't Satoshi's anymore.

But Numelgon and Agoyon just wanted to stay somewwhere else instead of with him, but they're still his Pokemon. They both were able to be called back to participate in a League as his, coming out of his Pokeball and everything, and returned to their places later. It's essentially the same as all the Pokemon with Okido, Kukui, or training.

And Pigeot and Gekkouga aren't even permanently "released", they just stayed somewhere else for a specific reason. They will return to him someday, even if we never see it.

Master Pikachu 11

Truthfully I only feel this way about Hoenn. ...I blame the fact only Sceptile made it to the top 30 on that poll while every other region he had at a least 3 or more.

Maybe the anime is doing its own top 30 for Ash? I'd be ok with like 20. I could see them doing it as a nod to the original series giving Ash the same amount he caught back then here in the "new series" as its called. Discounting the 29 Tauros, Pikachu, and Mr. Mine of course. So 11 Kanto + 6 Johto would be 17, but there are also the temporary ones like Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill which I'd rather not count but it would round things up to 20. 2 Pokemon each from Kanto-Alola (14) and 6 Galar Pokmeon.
Ok so what Pokémon did he bond with in Hoenn that he didn’t capture? Just asking because I don’t remember all the Pokémon that bonded with besides his captures

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
Look at how Paul released Pokemon.

Is that what Ash did. I don't like how when Paul releases it, it becomes a wild Pokemon the exact nature of releasing Ash using his OWN Poke ball to catch Chimchar.

But Ash letting the Pokemon live in the wild qualifies as a release, has always bothered me, I'll accept it, but its just not true, Pokemon are not digital creatures their location doesn't need to be tied to a lab. Ash can still recall his Pokemon to their balls.

Releasing a Pokemon should ONLY be about making it wild again. That's releasing a Pokemon. After all Jessie destroyed Dustox's Poke ball so it could never return.

There seems to be a difference in terminology between how I define "released" and how others define it, apparently. When I say "released", I mean any Pokemon that Satoshi doesn't currently have [either on his team or at one of the labs with a regional professor], and that isn't "in-training". Things like Butterfree, Laplace, and Agoyon are "released" because they live in the wild now, and for all intents and purposes they aren't going to be easy for Satoshi to recall to his team without going through many hurdles since Butterfree's and Laplace's current whereabouts are unknown, and Agoyon is in a completely different dimensional plane. That's the main thing that I personally feel sets those Pokemon apart from things like Numelgon for instance, which Satoshi can easily bring back with a single phone call to Kenzo if he wants to, but he can't just personally summon those other Pokemon whenever he wants to of his own volition.

And whether Satoshi still has the Monster Balls of those Pokemon or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, and the same applies to the official release function that we saw beginning in DP, because obviously that function didn't exist when Satoshi let Butterfree and Laplace go back into the wild, so it shouldn't even be a factor in the case of those Pokemon.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
What if Klara and Avery would be Ash's and/or Go's rivals instead of having Hop, Marine or Bede?

They'd serve as promotional tie-ins for the upcoming DLC in Shield and Sword, but I think Hop, Mary, and Beet would be more suitable for the anime since they're the original Galar rivals. Then again all of them could appear in this series, and it'd be a win-win situation.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
They'd serve as promotional tie-ins for the upcoming DLC in Shield and Sword, but I think Hop, Mary, and Beet would be more suitable for the anime since they're the original Galar rivals. Then again all of them could appear in this series, and it'd be a win-win situation.

Hopefully they all will... Perhaps, Super or Hyper Class Trainers, should the writers decides not to give Ash or Go rivals?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Is it possible that Ash's Lucario would be used as a promotion of a possible new Lucario form (or an exclusive special form for Sinnoh game remake)?

Ash-Greninja4life

Well Riolu I think has Vacuum Wave and one other move, that sort of looks like tackle or something.

Well Ash finally has a Riolu, and I wonder how long it’s going to take to evolve into Lucario. It’s power was boosted when its bond with Ash grew stronger so it might only be a matter of time, I almost thought it was going to evolve in that episode haha

aipomadvanceshipper

Ash riolu is sassy. It doesn’t like to be held it wants to be treated like an adult Pokémon
It wants to be powerful I can’t wait for how ash will train him
Go and ash are like parents for ash his child wants to grow up fast and and from today’s preview go’s child(raboot)might join a gang

Last edited:

Nikinini

There seems to be a difference in terminology between how I define "released" and how others define it, apparently. When I say "released", I mean any Pokemon that Satoshi doesn't currently have [either on his team or at one of the labs with a regional professor], and that isn't "in-training". Things like Butterfree, Laplace, and Agoyon are "released" because they live in the wild now, and for all intents and purposes they aren't going to be easy for Satoshi to recall to his team without going through many hurdles since Butterfree's and Laplace's current whereabouts are unknown, and Agoyon is in a completely different dimensional plane. That's the main thing that I personally feel sets those Pokemon apart from things like Numelgon for instance, which Satoshi can easily bring back with a single phone call to Kenzo if he wants to, but he can't just personally summon those other Pokemon whenever he wants to of his own volition.

And whether Satoshi still has the Monster Balls of those Pokemon or not is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, and the same applies to the official release function that we saw beginning in DP, because obviously that function didn't exist when Satoshi let Butterfree and Laplace go back into the wild, so it shouldn't even be a factor in the case of those Pokemon.
Butterfree and Laplace really are released, but Satoshi can easily summon Agoyon by going to it's dimension with Nebby.

i just want ash to get tyranitar and flygon they just scream ash pokemon and some bias because theyre in my top 6 favorite pokemon

Yes, I do feel like he should get a Tyranitar as well strongly, it would make a really good fit to his current team but we can only hope.
Flygon I don't really know, but since dragonite has already taken the super friendly pokemon slot in this series, I don't know what character they'll give even if he did catch it.

Paree

Goodra is not released... Ash can call Keanan if needed...

Pidgeot and Greninja are released but can easily be found again, should Ash wants to recapture...
Being released means they are wild pokemon and can be caught by other trainers, which is not the case for Pidgeot and Greninja. Ash is still technically their trainer.

Not to mention that if it was actually released, it would not satisfy the reason why they left Ash in the first place.
Pidgeot, if can be caught by another trainer will nullify the reason Ash let it stay with the flock.

Its the same case for Greninja. If somebody else could catch it, it means that the reason Greninja was left with Zygarde has no meaning.

Examples of released Pokemon in the Anime include Paul releasing Chimchar which was later caught by Ash, Dawn releasing Pachirisu before catching it back, Jessie releasing Dustox, Multiple other mons released by Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.