• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Correct me if I'm wrong I think this is the third character with Aura similar to Ash. First it was Sir Aaron, which might not be canon

It is.

Dephender has mentioned once Yuyama had gone on record saying the movies takes place in the same universe as the TV-series. At least up until ICY

Trainer Micah

I see well if the ending is anything to hint i can say Ash'll have:

Pikachu
Mr. Mime - Mimey
Dragonite
Gengar
Lucario - right now
Grookey - Rillaboom
Lyvanroc(Dusk)

But here's two what if's everyone recall Misty's pokemon at how Ash had a egg via Grandpa Canyon but later was given to Misty right after it hatched evolved by friendship and later released well that pokemon might go to Ash now but the question is will it evolve or not? Recall that pokemon and you'll surprise me alright also Ash'll overlap Mimey if it does get captured as a Male or Female pokemon?

As for the second what about Ash getting a Cramorant? I know that Ash may or may not get Sobble but what if he captures this pokemon as his Water type and Flying type seeing Dragonite'll be overlaped what are your thoughts if he captures it and Sobble if he does get captured as well? Say first Sobble then Cramorant your thoughts?

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What of these two pokémon you guys think that fits Koharu better, Alcremie or Hattrem?
None. Give her jigglypuff, so it can make her sleep for the rest 0f the show.

Anyway, alcremie. I still have this dumb hope Ash will have hattrem, but looking to the mons he currently have, I do find it hard.

The more I think about it, I think they really will give Ash Tyranitar, because if Gengar is to make up for Ash not getting Haunter, And if Riolu is to make up for him not getting one in DP then the one Pokemon Ash was robbed of was definitely Larvitar in Johto. He hatched its egg and bonded with it. So I do think they probably would make up for that by hopefully bringing back Larvitar as a Tyranitar.

I mean it would be interesting to see Larvitar itself come back, rebond with Ash, Ash catches it and Larvitar in excitement after immediately coming out evolves into Pupitar at the end of the episode, and then Ash later evolves it into Tyranitar, maybe even 5-10 episodes, with perhaps a happy Tyranitar or something.

But I'm fine with Larvitar being grown up, I just think it might be possible for Larvitar to come back, but I do think it would need to evolve into Pupitar after Ash catches it immediately, so we don't have to waste much time before it becomes a Tyranitar.

You have successfully raised my hopes for Ash getting a Tyranitar, because what you have said here makes sense. The pattern fits to what is happening in currently. I know people will argue about other Pokémon he could have caught or released...but these are powerhouse Pokémon that he didn't capture for many reasons. And since he on route to take on Leon I think powerhouse Pokémon are what he needs.

ShadowForce720

I figure that Jindai appearing would be very likely given those new Regi Pokemon that will be included in the Shield and Sword expansion pack. Even though he no longer owns members of the Regi trio, I still think he might appear to investigate the new Regi Pokemon.

Um just pointing this out but Brandon still owns his Regirock, Registeel, and Regions and he never release them, so I’m not sure where this whole him no longer owning members of the Regi Trio is coming from when he still owns 3 of them.

World Turtle

The more I think about it, I think they really will give Ash Tyranitar, because if Gengar is to make up for Ash not getting Haunter, And if Riolu is to make up for him not getting one in DP then the one Pokemon Ash was robbed of was definitely Larvitar in Johto. He hatched its egg and bonded with it. So I do think they probably would make up for that by hopefully bringing back Larvitar as a Tyranitar.

I mean it would be interesting to see Larvitar itself come back, rebond with Ash, Ash catches it and Larvitar in excitement after immediately coming out evolves into Pupitar at the end of the episode, and then Ash later evolves it into Tyranitar, maybe even 5-10 episodes, with perhaps a happy Tyranitar or something.

But I'm fine with Larvitar being grown up, I just think it might be possible for Larvitar to come back, but I do think it would need to evolve into Pupitar after Ash catches it immediately, so we don't have to waste much time before it becomes a Tyranitar.

Yeah if they're giving him Gengar and Riolu, Ash's Johto capture should be Tyranitar and seeing as they used pokedex entries for Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu in the episodes' plots. here's what I think they could do...

"Tyranitar is so overwhelmingly powerful, it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest. This Pokémon wanders about in mountains seeking new opponents to fight." - Ash runs into his old buddy when doing research on Tyranitar nests who is eager to show his "Dad" how much stronger he has become since they last saw each other.

"It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others." - Gou brings this up and is surprised to see Ash's Tyranitar is the complete opposite of this. Ash was a good daddy.

/////

Hoenn is interestingly the only one of the "Japan-based" regions where Ash doesn't have a specific Pokemon he was cheated out of. It could possibly be anything which is rather exciting to be honest.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If Ash catches an electric type, would you rather it be Toxtricity or Zeraora?
Zerarora all day (profile pic is a big giveaway), toxtricity would be my second choice and electivire would be 3rd choice.
Personally, I prefer if he'd get Toxtricity partly because it seems to be pretty popular & partly because it would also serve as Ash Poison type (I don't see Gengar fully tapping into its Poison type characteristics). While Ash team has been consisting of pokémon fans have wanted him to catch for years, I'm worried catching a mythical like Zeraora would be overkill (he may have had a mythical & an ultra beast in Sun & Moon, but they both started off as weak & unevolved before becoming powerhouses).

Status
Not open for further replies.