• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingAsh

We had both a cat and dog like Pokémon in the SM anime, I don’t see what the problem would be to have another cat and dog like Pokémon again.

This would be true if the writers didn’t make Ash state that he too wants to catch a lot of Pokémon and have him compete against Go for some Pokémon. Since they are traveling the world and they are pretty much in one area for a lot of this series. It would be odd for the writers to not follow through on having Ash say that he wants to catch more Pokémon and not have him catch more Pokémon.

Except that the writers have a history of not following through. All of the three pokemon he's caught so far wanted him to catch them. He's not actively seeking out Pokemon to catch like Go is.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I always wondered if Tracey just went back to the Orange Islands where he came from.

Why would he though? He's literally living the dream, he's working for his idol Professor Oak
That'd be like Misty suddenly abandoning Cerulean Gym to travel with Ash full time again

Egakor

New merchandises for the anime

EWk_CcLWsAA3KGg

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

EWk_CcLWsAA3KGg
Im surprised they’re still putting out new merch at the moment. The pkmn featured may indicate appearances soon with Morpeko potentially in ep 23, Duraludon obviously with Raihan, Alcremie and Rolycoly are undetermined.

Red and Blue

I could see Go catching a Rolycoly while they are in Galar. As for Alcremie I'd like it if it went to Ash

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I could see Go catching a Rolycoly while they are in Galar. As for Alcremie I'd like it if it went to Ash
Alcremie looks more towards Koharu if she was to join the main cast or some random trainer.

KahunaLagoonaEX

Pretty sure this has been said before but this thought came into my head earlier this week - what are the odds that we'll see TR use one of their old Pokemon from the Gachat? Or perhaps a surprise appearance from Jame's Mime Jr - evolved into a Galarian Mr. Mime or Mr. Rime to counter Ash's use of Mimey?

Honestly it'd be a nice callback to TR's older ventures and perhaps given the idea the Pokemon they use are not only the others' (James using one of Jessie's and vice versa) but also a different combination of mons like Carnivine and Gourgeist or Yanmega and Yamask?

I dunno, I'm just shooting into the wind there.

Mew29240

I disagree, I could see Ash owning an Alcremie. He has had feminine Pokemon in the past before

I'm not too keen on Alcremie because it's more of a support Pokemon. Its natural moveset is full of status moves or moves intended for Double Battles. Ignoring TM/TR (which they don't get all that often), it only gets 3 attacking moves (1 of which being Tackle). Ash doesn't really use status or support moves and prefers to improvising using damaging moves.

The anime doesn't do Double Battles all that much either, so it wouldn't be able to shine under him.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'm not too keen on Alcremie because it's more of a support Pokemon. Its natural moveset is full of status moves or moves intended for Double Battles. Ignoring TM/TR (which they don't get all that often), it only gets 3 attacking moves (1 of which being Tackle). Ash doesn't really use status or support moves and prefers to improvising using damaging moves.

The anime doesn't do Double Battles all that much either, so it wouldn't be able to shine under him.

What are you talking about? The anime has been doing double battles since the OG series. Ash and Misty/Brock vs Team Rocket.

Mew29240

My guess:
Duraludon - Raihan
Morpeko - Goh
Rolycoly - Goh
Alcremie - Koharu
Pelipper - Prof. Cerise

Do we have a recap of other merchandise mons yet to be owned by any of the main characters (Ash, Goh, Prof. Cerise, Koharu, the assistants, TRio) so far?

Wouldn't Pelipper be more associated with TRio because it's the one carrying around the gacha?

Also, what exactly are those? Are they plastic figures or some sort of candy?

Master Pikachu 11

EWk_CcLWsAA3KGg
This is unfortunately not new merchandise this is the same merchandise that was shown back in January 29th. They are just in boxes and there is suppose to be a Riolu and a Tyranitar with this set as well. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/pokeblastnews/status/1222625828598616066 first image is of the same set above. I had to go digging through this thread to find it.
Except that the writers have a history of not following through. All of the three pokemon he's caught so far wanted him to catch them. He's not actively seeking out Pokemon to catch like Go is.
Well I’m willing to predict that there will be a rotation on Ash’s team in this series so we shall see if it comes to fruition or if you are right.

Z-faction

That'd be like Misty suddenly abandoning Cerulean Gym to travel with Ash full time again

LOL, there have been people in the fandom for the last 17 years thinking that would happen every time a new generation begins. A lot of people actually thought Misty would travel on the main cast again after Hoenn ended. Then after Battle Frontier. Then after DP, and so on and so forth. And it never happened.

The whole, "Misty has to come back" thing sort of died down after the early 2000's, although you still see it from people who stopped watching the anime a decade ago,

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
This is unfortunately not new merchandise this is the same merchandise that was shown back in January 29th. They are just in boxes and there is suppose to be a Riolu and a Tyranitar with this set as well. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/pokeblastnews/status/1222625828598616066 first image is of the same set above. I had to go digging through this thread to find it.

Machamp? Can Goh really get one outside raid battles?

Lucario, Sobble and Grookey are definitely Ash's...

There are lots of fan faves in the 6th pic...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Egakor said:

EWk_CcLWsAA3KGg

This isn't actually new, although it does fall in line with some of the other Mawhip merchandise that we've seen in recent months. It's a bit strange to me however, because we've had a lot of Mawhip merchandise for months yet there's been no official word on the species appearing in the anime in the near future.

BlazingAsh

Well I’m willing to predict that there will be a rotation on Ash’s team in this series so we shall see if it comes to fruition or if you are right.

Right about? I'm saying either is possible - he may not necessarily catch more than 5-6 Pokemon, but it is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.