• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Cause how could Raihan rise in ranks so quick?

He likely battled and won a lot. Really how fast you progress through the ranks is likely at the very least partly dependent on how often you battle and win.

For instance if I recall it was said that the reason why Leon got to the Master Class Rank at the rate he did was because ever since he entered the PWC he never lost a single official PWC match.

If I recall I believe when he beat Lance or was about to battle Lance it was stated that Leon won 99(or somewhere around that number)battles without losing a single battle and going undefeated.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
He'd probably be more impressed/amazed at the stuff Ash has done rather than getting jealous about it. The only things I can see him getting jealous about are the number of famous people he met (who probably remember him) and all the Legendaries/Mythicals he's encountered (let's not talk about Mew).

I doubt either would come up much, though.

Goh being impressed by Ash could happen but I don't like how some people in the past have wanted Goh to praise Ash for what he's done. Aren't people sick of the constant cheerleading from cast members yet? XYZ was full of that.

Mew29240

One would think that his meeting with Mew would be the first thing Ash mentions to Goh.

But to be fair, I can see Goh getting surprised after learning Ash is the champion of the Alola League.

Given what happened at the Tree of Beginning in the movie, telling Gou about the Mew there would be the last thing Ash would do.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Cinderace gets a better HA. I disagree, since it doesn't have the movepool (Level up nor TM/TR usage), to support Libero.
The majority of the moves are Normal and Fire type.
Then it gets Iron Head and Gunk Shot - which keeps the Ground weakness
Shadow Ball and Electro Ball are Special (Which is pointless for Cinderace since it only has 65 special attack)
Mud Shot is Special + keeps the Water weakness
Cinderace only benefits from its Fighting and Flying moves (And even Fighting is dicy, since the majority of the competitive teams have Fairy types to deal with that, Dark and Dragon) and in order for Cinderace to survive a SE attack, it needs an item, making Acrobatics also kinda problematic for it.

I still don't understand why it doesn't learn Thunder Fang or at least something like Thunder Punch. Even Spark would have do it. Not having an actual good coverage move for water types is really weird. I can understand not having a grass move for coverage against ground types but not one for water types?

Sometimes I really wish I could understand how GF decides movesets because some of their choices are... Weird and just helps hinder a pokémon that be solid otherwise.

Mew29240

I still don't understand why it doesn't learn Thunder Fang or at least something like Thunder Punch. Even Spark would have do it. Not having an actual good coverage move for water types is really weird. I can understand not having a grass move for coverage against ground types but not one for water types?

Sometimes I really wish I could understand how GF decides movesets because some of their choices are... Weird and just helps hinder a pokémon that be solid otherwise.

Maybe they'll include Move Tutors in the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC? The TRs do most of that work though, so who knows?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh being impressed by Ash could happen but I don't like how some people in the past have wanted Goh to praise Ash for what he's done. Aren't people sick of the constant cheerleading from cast members yet? XYZ was full of that.

For some reason, this post made me instantly think of Dawn, the XY gang and Goh all cheerleadering Ash.

Gary: Guess he really get a fanclub after all... Wait, they've got guys there too? o_O

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I found a very interesting image of Pokemon that it could show Ash's ultimate team, but I lost it and I can't find it anymore. It was cut, but the Pokemon I could recognize iwere Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja and Pikachu. (Sceptile could be the remaining one).

Red and Blue

I found a very interesting image of Pokemon that it could show Ash's ultimate team, but I lost it and I can't find it anymore. It was cut, but the Pokemon I could recognize iwere Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja and Pikachu. (Sceptile could be the remaining one).
If it wasn't for Mewtwo I might of believed that image as being legit

KahunaLagoonaEX

I'm not sure if this mean anything, but in this new tweet from the official Twitter, Chewtle is highlighted as a Pokemon caught by TRio, not a gacha Pokemon.
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1255013881291792384

Interesting, considering it was put IN the Gacha. Which makes my little theory that the rest of TR's Mons could make an appearance in the Gacha more sound.

(About as sound as Pigs flying)

Well all the Gigantamax forms seem to be bound for an appearance eventually. Then again not every Z-move from SM was showcased, the psychic type one was missing entirely so I could be wrong.

Stoked Sparksurfer. Forgot my little boy Raichu already...

I'm hoping Mimey gets to shine again whenever Bede comes into the anime. I want him to own Galarian Mr. Mime so Mimey gets a rival.

I'm still gunning for James' Mime Jr. to make an appearance as a Gacha mon, evolved into Galarian Mr. Mime and/or Mr. Rime.

it COULD happen. Only if Ash catches a Meowth, it won't be a Kanto Meowth, but a Galar Meowth. Not only that, it could then evolve to Perrserker. Pokedex describes this Pokemon as a natural warrior, which suits Ash's style perfectly. It wouldn't the first time Ash uses a Meowth after all. Besides, the Meowth on boots proved not all Meowth must be losers like Team Rocket's Meowth.

I was just doing a whole speculation idea of rewriting the series from DP onwards and thought Galar Meowth would've made a nice Sun/Moon Gen 8 preview capture as opposed to Meltan/Melmetal.

Long story short, Ash having a Meowth would be confusing for a while due to fighting the TRio, until it evolves and we don't know what it is until it's identified as Perrserker.

when has the anipoke community ever been realistic?

I would say never, considering all the things the community gets wrong on numerous, numerous occasions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:

I think most people just want to see Gou praise Satoshi since Satoshi is basically his senior when it comes to experience as a trainer. In some ways I can see why that would be desirable, but it might also come across as contrived if Gou begins hanging onto Satoshi's every word and treating him with too much reverence.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

It was legit, I swear. Problem is, I didn't think about saving it when I found it. It was on an article talking about the potential return of Ash's Greninja in the anime.
If you have trouble finding it you can just check your internet history.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Cool, thanks.

If they give Ash Mewtwo he has no excuse not to beat Leon
Im pretty sure out of all the legendaries out there, Mewtwo is likey one of the last choices the writers would choose for Ash to own.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

I didn't remember that, but then again there have been so many images and scans of merchandise and posters lately that it's easy to forget some of them. Like someone else said however, the inclusion of Mewtwo makes that image seem unrelated to Satoshi's future team from my viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.