• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll prob just bring back Lyra.
I totally forgot Kotone's dub name was Lyra. Had to google that. What a strange name.
Is Korrina really that popular tho?

I know Lance is pretty popular but I didn't know Korrina was. Tho to be fair I suppose most Gen 6 Gym Leaders are pretty forgettable besides her and Clemont.
She is quite popular with the current viewers even more than Lance. People are more excited to see her than they were for Lance.
In pokemon world 10years = 1 year
By that logic Ash should be at least 12 by now.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Pretty sure Korrina won the popularity chart by the time XY games were a thing (Sycamore won the second place). If we had a Z version, she'd probably the champion).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Pretty sure Korrina won the popularity chart by the time XY games were a thing (Sycamore won the second place). If we had a Z version, she'd probably the champion).
If Serena wasn't a thing, I would assume Korrina would be the female companion of the XY series instead.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuquÊ? said:
Well, May was the first one to have a venusaur, even if she wasn't a main character anymore, but, since the chances of her returning are low because unavailable voice actress... Personally, I don't actually care anymore about Leaf to see her debuting in anime after all this time. They could introduce a new character with a venusaur partner, since Ash's bulbasaur is too iconic to evolve, of course, but, really...is it worth have a new character just to show venusaur?

I actually hadn't considered Haruka since I didn't even remember that she had a Fushigibana. I never really liked how her Fushigidane was handled overall, because it was replaced by Zenigame starting in the Battle Frontier arc, and I'm still a little vexed that we never saw her Fushigidane evolve into Fushigisou.

Popularity doesn't make a champion, strength does. Champion Iris was a gifted child and became the eighth gym leader at such a young age. With Wallace it was evident he was strong plus the manga pointed in that direction too. What was Korrina's achievement in the games compared to these two? She wasn't even the eighth gym leader or fifth for that matter.
If Serena wasn't a thing, I would assume Korrina would be the female companion of the XY series instead.
I don't think they could've pulled the love angle with Korrina.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd take Serena over Korrina any day.

Serena's biggest advantage? No Lucario

dman_dustin

I'd take Serena over Korrina any day.

Serena's biggest advantage? No Lucario

You know Klinklang is my least favorite Pokemon, but I wouldn't be bothered if it appeared in the anime more than Lucario ever would.

So in other words I don't know why people would "dislike" (not sure what else word works here) a character just because of a Pokemon being overused.

Sword master zacian

Serena was a character in game despite of being a playable character so was may and dawn so all became main characters in anime
If serna wasn't character in games then korrina definately would have became travellibg companion

But i am happy serena did stay and gave us some awesome moments some memorabpe performances and whatever

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But her biggest disadvantage is that she was the most bland and crappy piece of eye candy ever created.

That's like your opinion

I've found her quite endearing.

Serena was a character in game despite of being a playable character so was may and dawn so all became main characters in anime
If serna wasn't character in games then korrina definately would have became travellibg companion

I... I... actually never noticed that. That explains why Hilda and Selene were skipped.

God, everything makes sense now lol

Thank you!

(no joke or irony as I've never connected the dots for this bit of trivia)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
May, Dawn, and Serena all had a role in the games if you picked the Male Character. Because of this they got a role in the anime.

Hilda, Rosa, Selene, and Gloria do not. Which is why they were skipped in the anime.

It's also why Iris got picked. She has a role in the BW games regardless of who you pick.

Lyra also had a role in the HGSS games. Which is why she made an appearance in the anime.

I guess since May, Dawn, Iris and Serena were already established characters. It was probably just easier to use them.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
May, Dawn, and Serena all had a role in the games if you picked the Male Character. Because of this they got a role in the anime.

Hilda, Rosa, Selene, and Gloria do not. Which is why they were skipped in the anime.
Dawn had her Dex stolen like a weakling and barely appeared in DP. Hardly a role!

Sword master zacian

It's also why Iris got picked. She has a role in the BW games regardless of who you pick.

Lyra also had a role in the HGSS games. Which is why she made an appearance in the anime.

I guess since May, Dawn, Iris and Serena were already established characters. It was probably just easier to use them.
Same for alolan gang as well
And if this series was galar fixed then we would have got sonia as the main cast

It's too bad Jessie and James don't use their own Pokémon anymore and instead rely on that gashapon thing - Is that based on something from Go or another spin-off I'm not familiar with? - 'cause I would love for James to get a Galarian Koffing. Hell, give them their entire Kanto roster for an episode if the writers wanna go full nostalgia.

Red and Blue

It's too bad Jessie and James don't use their own Pokémon anymore and instead rely on that gashapon thing - Is that based on something from Go or another spin-off I'm not familiar with? - 'cause I would love for James to get a Galarian Koffing. Hell, give them their entire Kanto roster for an episode if the writers wanna go full nostalgia.
Yeah the gatcha machine is based on Go. And they can still catch new Pokemon since they recently used a Chewtle they caught in Galar

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
There was an XY popularity chart?

I only saw BW and Alola's. Where is the Kalos poll? Google search gives me nothing
Yep, for the characters. Can't find the image now, but I'm pretty sure the top 2 were Korrina 1st and Sycamore 2nd. And, for some strange reason, Tierno was in the top five, but I'm trying to find the image.

game3524

and yet she still way better then useless mallow

Being better then Mallow isn't some great accomplishment.

I would take Korrina over Serena (and Clemont for that matter) any day of the week. Bonnie was the only one on the XY main cast IMO that had any pop as a character. Yeah, Lucario is a bore, but Korrina has a lively personality and good chemistry with Ash, so that some what makes up for the Lucario shilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.