• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/16358428/
This clearly represents what gonna happen ash with just pikach and goh with all three starter
I'll try not to hold myself about the pokemon's places in the poster, except for pikachu and the starters. Totally fine about Go having the Galar starters in order to diversify Ash's team more.

Also, hoping for Ash actually having a member of the hattena line.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I feel like the thesis of some fans believing that Ash is only going to catch older Pokemon that's going to come to a head tbh.
There's really no reason he might not get the grass monkey
There's no reason he can't. But there are plenty of reasons he shouldn't

Revolver Furious Dragon

Sadly yes we never had ash capture three pokemon of fully same typing fighting
To be fair that doesn't mean much. Since he had 3 ground in sinnoh and 3 flyers in kalos.

It just means he shouldn't get kubfu not that he wouldn't

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'll try not to hold myself about the pokemon's places in the poster, except for pikachu and the starters. Totally fine about Go having the Galar starters in order to diversify Ash's team more.

Also, hoping for Ash actually having a member of the hattena line.
The Hattena line would be problematic for Ash because they tend to attack anyone who exhibits strong emotions in their vicinity.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm hoping kubfu is just a generic pokemon of the week that ash helps out and it evolves and decides to stay at the dojo

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
If I’ve learned anything from this series, it’s to not say anything is confirmed at all. Also Farfetch’d knowing Night Slash and Brutal Swing didn’t confirm that Ash could get a pure dark type without crunch or bite. Because that was always a possibility. That’s the thing about Fan rules. They’re made by fans. There have always been plenty of dark type attacks that don’t sound super intense. So to me that was never in doubt and it didn’t confirm anything, it only strengthened my point. The more interesting bit to me is that if Greninja returns, it could potentially have upgraded from Cut to Night Slash. Also I like that Ash caught Farfetch’d because it means y’all can stop saying Ash can’t catch Pokémon of the same Type. Cause y’all made the same argument when Krokorok was still in doubt cause Ash had Scraggy and Palpitoad. Also considering we were baited once, it’s easy to get baited again. On topic of discussion, Ash and Go have caught Pokémon before in the same episode. So Go could be satisfied with Morpeko if he gets it. But we’ve seen Go also getting minor captures and more of a major capture in the same episode too. For example all the other Kanto bugs and Scyther. Then Sandile and Darmanitan/Golurk. So I think anything is possible. So can we end the oh this mon is pretty much confirmed. Cause nothing is confirmed until we see the episode.
Difference is it's a starter though

Revolver Furious Dragon

So if Ash is allowed to get a Pokemon with Dark Type moves,

What was stopping them from giving Greninja Night Slash?

Different times. Who knows that's changed behind the scenes. Maybe the guys in charge back then didn't want evil showcased on Ashs team. But maybe now there are different people in charge who are ok with it

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So if Ash is allowed to get a Pokemon with Dark Type moves,

What was stopping them from giving Greninja Night Slash?
I'd like to know as well. The apparent excuse was that it didn't "sound right". But on the bright side, Ash catching Galarian Farfetch'd did permanently break the "Ash won't use Dark type moves besides Bite and Crunch" especially with the Night Slash example cause the thing used two and one of them was Night Slash LULZ. But also does this: Makes way for Ash to potentially own a pure Dark type and there won't be any excuses or arguments rebuking that :D

desdar300

Ok then a couple of episode arc at the island of armour. But that's all it needs really.

If It is captured then goh should be the one to get it
It's entire in- game Ark revolves around challenging The Two Towers to evolve into a deity.
That doesn't really sound like go Style especially since the bear is tied to the man that tutored Leon

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's entire in- game Ark revolves around challenging The Two Towers to evolve into a deity.
That doesn't really sound like go Style especially since the bear is tied to the man that tutored Leon
If Gou gets all three starters then he's more likely to go to the Isle of Armor because he has more to gain from it.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Yeah but it's better then ash getting it and running around with 3 fighting types

Zariful

Difference is it's a starter though
Inaccurate. Pokémon are Pokémon. If they want to give Go all three starters, they can. Ash has already gotten a good mix of mons. And it makes things even more interesting. Back when Ash got Talonflame, the mix was interesting. Cause it meant two types Ash normally got were already covered. Sure they screwed up towards the end and Ash got three flying types and two dragons, so there wasn’t much variety. We’re heading into new territory. And it’s fun. Am I gonna be upset if Go catches Sobble? Absolutely. I won’t say it’s confirmed until I get a summary that indicates it or I see the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.