• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't get why people are so obsessed with sobble going with ash. It's just another generic water type that he's got a bunch of already.
They want action to be done, not sit around into nothing.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So basically he shouldn't have bothered with Galarian Farfetch'd since he already has plenty of Fighting types back at Oak's lab?

Pretty much yeah. Although I can accept gfetched since it's his only pure fighter. It's at least unique in typing on his overall team

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like that Rose showed up and absolutely no one cares due to other reasons :p

People are too busy worrying about Sobble to notice anything else lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I can see this being Riolu’s movesets once it evolves into Lucario:
  • Aura Sphere (replace Vacuum Wave)
  • Force Palm/Extreme Speed (Both good physical moves)
  • Bone Rush (Most likely to have after seeing Korrina’s Lucario use it)
  • Steel Beam (the move was heavily promoted due to having a contest to decide its official Japanese name)

Revolver Furious Dragon

But sobble had the the potential for fully evolving and ash having second fully evo. Water starter
Ash other water types are too setted up to evolve

I thought sobble was really popular though. Which kinda hinders its potential to evolve

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I for one am happy Ash got a Galar Farfetch'D.

if you couldn't tell Farfetch'd is one of my favorites.

Even JP fans know that Sobble is going to get shove into the background if it go to goh lol.

Right next to the Cubone he bonded with and hasn't been seen outside the Food Panic episode.

Still hope he uses Cubone at some point.

Icy-Snowflake

I don't get why people are so obsessed with sobble going with ash. It's just another generic water type that he's got a bunch of already.
Because it was highly promoted that way (we only had one scan which portrayed Ash with Farfetch'd, Goh with Sobble and Morpeko just not being mentioned, and most of us believed it was symmetry), and all of a sudden we face the plot twist.

diakyu

So do we have any metrics on what is or isn't popular or just anecdotal evidence?

tsunamimijumaru

I still believe there is a chance Ash could catch Sobble, we've been faked out with today's episode so next week could be the same and Morpeko is still meant to be joining the boys so let him get that. Wouldn't be the first time Ash got back to back captures. He caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same ep. Tailow and Treecko were caught in quick succession not one ep after the other but quick enough. He caught Pidove, Oshawott and Tepig back to back and Palpitoad and Roggenrola were caught pretty close as well. The most recent is Froakie and Fletchling, so its not unheard of for Ash to get back to back captures, it took him this long just to get something from the current generation and its a reigional form so give him something else that isn't a Gen 1 recolour.]

While, I do really enjoy and appreciate the unpredictability of this series and as cool as Sirfetch'd is, i dunno mixed feelings hopefully it actually gets a good showing instead of playing second fiddle to Riolu although realistically that's probably gonna happen, if another fighting type was needed Urshifu would have made way more sense in my opinion. If Goh really wanted Farfetched he should have just Raboot who's more interested in battling now. Don't waste Sobble on him, he was disappointed even though the guy catches at least 2 pokemon in most episodes. He can still get Morpeko.

Honeslty hoping next week is another fake out but another thing that annoys me is why show sobble with all of Ash's mons. Did they want to fake us out that hard

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So do we have any metrics on what is or isn't popular or just anecdotal evidence?
Really? That surprises me.

This is from a Famitsu Magazine that was from back in March so it's a bit outdated now but until we get another Japan-only poll this is all we have to go off of.

"TOP 6 POKÉMON THAT WE [Japan] LOVE!"
index.php
index.php

1.) Corviknight
2.) Alcremie
3.) Yamper
4.) Inteleon
5.) Toxtricity
6.) Wooloo

Yeah

Inteleon also beat Sobble on the Pokemon of the Year poll as well.

Inteleon placed Top 10 in Galar while Sobble was at #15

Status
Not open for further replies.