• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So will they get tickets to go to other Championship matches just like that?

Bet Rose hands them to professors so he can get people to be interested on his flashy shows but since professors have better things to do they just hand them like candy for random trainers lol

Chomper4

How would everyone react if Jessie gets Sobble and James gets Grookey?

Sword master zacian

I think goh might get all galar pokemon that are not parterns of leon,gym leaders,tr and maybe ash also the preevo. Of all pokemon those were used by gym leaders etc. Like rolycoly,milcery/alcrwmie,dreepy,drakloak,rookiedee

Chomper4

I see Ash getting the following Pokemon though:

Sobble, Impidimp, Applin, Toxel, his Greninja back, his Gible evolved once, his Rowlet fully evolved, Vanillite, Elgyem, Zorua, Tyrunt, Passimian, and Corviknight.

Ash-Greninja4life

I know that we focussed on the fact Ash caught Galarian Farfetch’d which is cool and it his Night Slash and Brutal Swing

But, Riolu has a full move set.
Vacuum Wave- his egg move

Force Palm
Double Team
Reversal

Done a lot in the few episodes it has been around, although I suppose that is to be expected.

I’d love to see Ash’s Riolu evolve to Lucario and Farfetch’d evolve into Sirfetch’d during a training battle with each other because they look as if they have a fierce rivalry

Jeal

I think some people are just surprised that Pikachu didn't zap her since that's his usual defense mechanism when strangers touch him. I figure that the in-universe reason is that he was just more tolerant of her invasion of his personal space, but the out of universe explanation is probably that the writers didn't want to put Sonia in a situation that would make her look ridiculous especially in her debut episode.
Pikachu only zaps people if they squeeze him or his cheeks.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm really really enjoying how they're handling Riolu. I'll admit at first I was eye rolling that another lucario was going to be on the main cast, but seriously Riolu is so cute and yet so awesome. His rivalry with galarian farfetch'd is perfect for them to get stronger and I already love galarian farfetch'd.

As for Sobble, very excited at the prospects of Gou catching it instead of Ash. Ash already has a stacked team we barely see enough, and Sobble can have great interactions with Raboot (not that it needs to be Gou's to do that), but it'll be more entertaining that it's Gou who will have to deal with it. I am sure Gou is going to go through a lot of character building with his team.

lucipher

I know that we focussed on the fact Ash caught Galarian Farfetch’d which is cool and it his Night Slash and Brutal Swing

But, Riolu has a full move set.
Vacuum Wave- his egg move

Force Palm
Double Team
Reversal

Done a lot in the few episodes it has been around, although I suppose that is to be expected.

I’d love to see Ash’s Riolu evolve to Lucario and Farfetch’d evolve into Sirfetch’d during a training battle with each other because they look as if they have a fierce rivalry
Lucario Force Palm -> Aura Shpear
Reversal - Meteor Mash?

lucipher

I'm really really enjoying how they're handling Riolu. I'll admit at first I was eye rolling that another lucario was going to be on the main cast, but seriously Riolu is so cute and yet so awesome. His rivalry with galarian farfetch'd is perfect for them to get stronger and I already love galarian farfetch'd.

As for Sobble, very excited at the prospects of Gou catching it instead of Ash. Ash already has a stacked team we barely see enough, and Sobble can have great interactions with Raboot (not that it needs to be Gou's to do that), but it'll be more entertaining that it's Gou who will have to deal with it. I am sure Gou is going to go through a lot of character building with his team.
Ash not getting Sobble is an injustice to the show. It would of been so cool to give ash a Spy pokemon. Now it's going to rot in Lab Hell....

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Lucario Force Palm -> Aura Shpear
Reversal - Meteor Mash?

Vacuum Wave will become Aura Sphere and Force Palm will either stay or become Close Combat.

Ash not getting Sobble is an injustice to the show. It would of been so cool to give ash a Spy pokemon. Now it's going to rot in Lab Hell....

It's a current gen starter, it's not going to rot in the lab.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm hoping Riolu's final move set is the following after it makes it to Lucario.

Vaccum Wave/Extremespeed
Steel Beam (replaces Reversal)
Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse (Replaces Double Team)
Bone Rush. (replaces Force Palm)

speaking of G-Farfetch'd I wonder what other moves it'll get.

Meteor Assault feels like a given since that's it's sig move as a Sirfetch'd but I can't think of anything else.

It does need a fighting move though.

Sword master zacian

If the writers go by pokedex entey ash might not get corviknight either cuz its pokedex entry clearly states its used for taxi
So goh might get rookiedee,corvisquire too

lucipher

Vacuum Wave will become Aura Sphere and Force Palm will either stay or become Close Combat.

It's a current gen starter, it's not going to rot in the lab.

It would not make sense to get rid of Riolu only move it can spam in Vacuum wave. Its why I don't see it being replaced. There is a reason why people called it would have it. Plus a move like Force Palm looks like something that can turn into Aura Spear just by its name both have Aura sounding names.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It would not make sense to get rid of Riolu only move it can spam in Vacuum wave. Its why I don't see it being replaced. There is a reason why people called it would have it. Plus a move like Force Palm looks like something that can turn into Aura Spear just by its name both have Aura sounding names.

Vacuum Wave's natural progression is to become Aura Sphere. They're both ranged, special Fighting type moves that can be used in rapid succession.

Vacuum Wave - Aura Sphere
Double Team
Force Palm =/= Close Combat
Reversal - Bone Rush

Thats how I see the moveset ending up at this point. Double Team seems like a move that'll stick around, whilst Force Palm may or may not transform to become Close Combat. The others seem like obvious changes.

DuskAstral

I see Ash getting the following Pokemon though:

Sobble, Impidimp, Applin, Toxel, his Greninja back, his Gible evolved once, his Rowlet fully evolved, Vanillite, Elgyem, Zorua, Tyrunt, Passimian, and Corviknight.
Unfortunately, Rowlet cannot evolve because it is influenced by Everstone.

lucipher

Vacuum Wave's natural progression is to become Aura Sphere. They're both ranged, special Fighting type moves that can be used in rapid succession.

Vacuum Wave - Aura Sphere
Double Team
Force Palm =/= Close Combat
Reversal - Bone Rush

Thats how I see the moveset ending up at this point. Double Team seems like a move that'll stick around, whilst Force Palm may or may not transform to become Close Combat. The others seem like obvious changes.
You also gotta see how the move is used and Vacuum Wave is the only move that can be spammed. it will be like Infernapes Mach Punch there is a reason it kept that move its a quick strike that it could always lead with. Aura Sphere is a Nuke not a quick strike move that it spams. If it became that it would look Weak instead of an Ultra Strong move.

Status
Not open for further replies.