• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucipher

Unfortunately, Rowlet cannot evolve because it is influenced by Everstone.
Wait out of all the pokemon he listed you picked on Rowlet to disagree with instead of stuff like Elgyem Passimian Vanillite. This Season seems like a Fan Service season. You really see them passing up a chance if they are going to give Ash a Psychic pokemon they giving him Elgyem instead of something like Ralts(Drools) Abra, Espeon?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
I hope they change Rose's motives a little or go into more detail. In any other setting an energy crisis would be a valid concern but in a world where there's hundreds of Pokemon with electrical powers that's not really too big of an issue. If the problem is Dynamax energy then that makes sense, it appears to be a big thing in Galar that probably attracts tourists so you lose that energy and tourism might die down.

I think that his motives would be slightly different and less contrived if he appears in the anime, but I still think he'd be a budget version of Fuladari. I don't like Rose generally speaking, and I'd rather see Olive pick up the slack.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You also gotta see how the move is used and Vacuum Wave is the only move that can be spammed. it will be like Infernapes Mach Punch there is a reason it kept that move its a quick strike that it could always lead with. Aura Sphere is a Nuke not a quick strike move that it spams. If it became that it would look Weak instead of an Ultra Strong move.

There are plenty of moves that could function as that 'quick-attack'-type move. I agree that Vacuum Wave is kinda cool - and we haven't seen a Lucario really use that iirc. But it's a weak special-based Fighting-type move. And Aura Sphere is that as well - and the signature move of the Lucario species (and most associated with it). The 'nuke'-version is actually Focus Blast. Aura Sphere is pretty much the Flamethrower-level of the bunch (in between Ember and Fire Blast).

But really guys, Lucario's moveset is so vast that there's hardly a point in discussing it. I'd love Meteor Mash on Ash's since it hasn't been done yet, but between Maylene, Cameron, Korrina and Kukui there has been a lot of diversity.

Maylene: Metal Claw, Bone Rush and Force Palm, Aura Sphere
Cameron: Copycat, Circle Throw and Force Palm, Vacuum Wave -> Aura Sphere
Korinna: Power-up Punch, Metal Sound, Bone Rush, Aura Sphere (knew Swords Dance as well at one point).
Kukui: Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed. No 4th move, but I guess we could guess what it would be.. xD

So pretty much EVERY Lucario has some unique move: Metal Claw, Copycat+Circle Throw, Power-up Punch+Metal Sound(+Swords Dance), and Kukui's was entirely unique.

Considering it's 'rivalry' with Farfetch'd, I'd argue that Bone Rush would be a great move for it to learn. Then both could get their 'Meteor'-moves: Meteor Mash and Meteor Assault.
- Vacuum Wave -> Aura Sphere
- Double Team
- Reversal -> Bone Rush
- Force Palm -> Metal Claw -> Meteor Mash

A mix from Maylene and Korrina. Cameron's Lucario pretty much still had a Riolu-moveset considering the circumstances and Kukui's was just weird and built to counter Naganadel.

As for the inevitable Sirfetch'd.. I think it's got Night Slash and Brutal Swing to kinda represent G-Farfetch'd 'Dark Knight'-ness compared to Sirfetch'd 'White Knight'-ness. I'm assuming Night Slash will be used to get 3 crits and will disappear afterwards. Brutal Swing might stay, but I don't even find that quite likely.

Sirfetch'd:
- Brutal Swing -> Meteor Assault: both are 'violent' or 'wild' swinging attacks).
- Night Slash -> Leaf Blade: Both are high crit-moves and the Grass-type is the 'purer'-version.
- Iron Defense: They've got to do something with the shield.
- Brave Bird OR Dual Wingbeat.

These movesets differentiate the two Fighting-types by a lot. Lucario is the nimble sweeper and Sirfetch'd is the stocky whacker that needs opponents to come in close and get critical hits in.

Last edited:

IkeBayern

Now with Galar Farfetch’d belonging to Ash, how many more Pokémon will he get that were introduced in Gen 8?

I hope that most of the Pokémon he catches are Galar mons with a few fan favorites added to the mix from other gems.

imo he should get: Rillaboom, Urshifu, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Galarian Slowbro, Coalassol and possibly Dragapult

tsunamimijumaru

There are plenty of moves that could function as that 'quick-attack'-type move. I agree that Vacuum Wave is kinda cool - and we haven't seen a Lucario really use that iirc. But it's a weak special-based Fighting-type move. And Aura Sphere is that as well - and the signature move of the Lucario species (and most associated with it). The 'nuke'-version is actually Focus Blast. Aura Sphere is pretty much the Flamethrower-level of the bunch (in between Ember and Fire Blast).

But really guys, Lucario's moveset is so vast that there's hardly a point in discussing it. I'd love Meteor Mash on Ash's since it hasn't been done yet, but between Maylene, Cameron, Korrina and Kukui there has been a lot of diversity.

Korinna: Power-up Punch, Metal Sound, Bone Rush, Aura Sphere (knew Swords Dance as well at one point).
Kukui: Close Combat, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed. No 4th move, but I guess we could guess what it would be.. xD

So pretty much EVERY Lucario has some unique move: Metal Claw, Copycat+Circle Throw, Power-up Punch+Metal Sound(+Swords Dance), and Kukui's was entirely unique.

Considering it's 'rivalry' with Farfetch'd, I'd argue that Bone Rush would be a great move for it to learn. Then both could get their 'Meteor'-moves: Meteor Mash and Meteor Assault.
- Double Team
- Reversal -> Bone Rush

A mix from Maylene and Korrina. Cameron's Lucario pretty much still had a Riolu-moveset considering the circumstances and Kukui's was just weird and built to counter Naganadel.

As for the inevitable Sirfetch'd.. I think it's got Night Slash and Brutal Swing to kinda represent G-Farfetch'd 'Dark Knight'-ness compared to Sirfetch'd 'White Knight'-ness. I'm assuming Night Slash will be used to get 3 crits and will disappear afterwards. Brutal Swing might stay, but I don't even find that quite likely.

Sirfetch'd:
- Brutal Swing -> Meteor Assault: both are 'violent' or 'wild' swinging attacks).
- Night Slash -> Leaf Blade: Both are high crit-moves and the Grass-type is the 'purer'-version.

These movesets differentiate the two Fighting-types by a lot. Lucario is the nimble sweeper and Sirfetch'd is the stocky whacker that needs opponents to come in close and get critical hits in.

I definitely agree with the Lucario moveset , that's what i'm personally hoping for. As for Sirfetch'd, Leaf Blade makes sense considering what the sword is but i think i would prefer Night Slash so it keeps one of its dark type moves as its Ash's first mon to use those type of moves that aren't Bite or Crunch. Meteor Assault is mandatory I think. They could do iron defence but then it could just use the shield to block attacks without taking up a move slot but if it gets a status move Swords Dance could be cool as well. Also wouldn't mind another attacking move like Poison Jab which would be useful for dealing with Fairy types and as it's a bird i think it needs a flying type move. I'd like to see Dual Wingbeat as Brave Bird is kinda overused as at this point now

lucipher

- Double Team
- Reversal -> Bone Rush

Sirfetch'd:

These movements differentiate the two Fighting-types by a lot. Lucario is the nimble sweeper and Sirfetch'd is the stocky whacker that needs opponents to come in close and get critical hits in.

Anime is not the Game. The moves power changes all the time. Aura Sphere is to Iconic at this time for it to be a Spam Move its signature move no way they make it seem weak. It's going to be its finishing move. I love how you mentioned Far and Riolu's rivalry and how they could learn there Meteor moves together that would be cool. The only thing I would change is Reversal being swapped with Meteor Mash. Seems like a charged powerful move would fit nicely as a transformation into Meteor Mash. Force Palm seems like the move that would turn into Aura Sphere. Now the question is Bone Rush Vs Vacuum Wave. They could both be spam able moves. I just feel Vacuum Wave as a more appealing move that can be used from close to mid range attack. While Bone Rush it would be a Mele only attack and why it wouldn't be a good choice.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that his motives would be slightly different and less contrived if he appears in the anime, but I still think he'd be a budget version of Fuladari. I don't like Rose generally speaking, and I'd rather see Olive pick up the slack.
That'd be an interesting twist villain

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Fine with me Lol better than goh

Anything is better than that. We don't need another Marshtomp/Primarina situation where it evolves doing precisely Jack ****.

We need a Sceptile or Infernape one. Sobble needs Ash

It's the most logical end goal given there is no G-Max Lucario, and I don't think they'd do another Ash-Greninja.

And it was heavily inspired by Korrina's.

And Megas are relevant again, coming to GO.

And theorized for the DLC but I don't believe that for a second lol it would be a better fetch quest than the Diglett were though

Now with Galar Farfetch’d belonging to Ash, how many more Pokémon will he get that were introduced in Gen 8?

I hope that most of the Pokémon he catches are Galar mons with a few fan favorites added to the mix from other gems.

imo he should get: Rillaboom, Urshifu, Corviknight, Frosmoth, Galarian Slowbro, Coalassol and possibly Dragapult

People who said Dragapult can't happen cause Gengar and Dragonite lost their entire point with Farfetch'd happening with Riolu around lol

I still say it's one of the more likely candidates and I stand by that. Just hope they start off with Creepy and unlike every evolved Dragon to date, take their freaking time evolving it!

lucipher

Anything is better than that. We don't need another Marshtomp/Primarina situation where it evolves doing precisely Jack ****.

We need a Sceptile or Infernape one. Sobble needs Ash

And Megas are relevant again, coming to GO.

And theorized for the DLC but I don't believe that for a second lol it would be a better fetch quest than the Diglett were though

People who said Dragapult can't happen cause Gengar and Dragonite lost their entire point with Farfetch'd happening with Riolu around lol

I still say it's one of the more likely candidates and I stand by that. Just hope they start off with Creepy and unlike every evolved Dragon to date, take their freaking time evolving it!
Dragapult would be a Wet Dream. Ash getting one of the best pokemon ever made that is not legendary in the current Gen that has not happened yet. The closest we got was Gible.

ShadowForce720

Dragapult would be a Wet Dream. Ash getting one of the best pokemon ever made that is not legendary in the current Gen that has not happened yet. The closest we got was Gible.

Except that’s completely subjective and an opinion base, as everyone has different opinions on what the best Pokémon in a generation is.

esquilo09

Ash's next capture will either be one of the fan favorites or one of the popular pure Dark types;

Popular Pokémon list

Kanto: Eevee(It might evolve into one of the Eeveelutions or it might be a Gmax one and also because it is more popular than its evolutions, Umbreon being the only exception.), Aerodactyl(Considering this saga is unpredictable, he might finally catch a fóssil Pokémon), Kangaskhan, Arcanine, Ninetales, Vaporeon/Flareon(In case it's not a Gmax one).

Johto: Tyranitar, Ampharos(If the writers decided to finally allow Ash to have a sec Electric type), Espeon(Read the Kanto list), Houndoom, Quilava returning and fully evolving.

Hoenn: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Flygon, Metagross, Salamence, Aggron, Altaria.

Sinnoh: Gible returning and fully evolve, Luxray(Read the Johto list), Abomasnow, Gallade(Writers don't care about overlaps), Weavile, Glaceon/Leafeon(Read the Kanto list).

Unova: Volcarona, Chandelure, Hydreigon, Haxorus.

Kalos: Aegislash, Tyrantrum(In case he doesn't catch Aerodactyl), Meowstic, Pangoro.

Alola: Alolan Sandslash, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Salazzle.

Galar: Toxtricity(Read the Sinnoh list), Frosmoth, Corviknight, Alcremie, Hatterene, Obstagoon, Dragapult, Grimmsnarl.

Popular pure Dark types:

Umbreon(Read the Kanto list)
Absol
Mightyena(The least popular as it is on 30th place, but it might boost its popularity if Ash catches it.)
Zoroark

Luthor

At the very least the anime is a great chance to expand on her character. In game we never really find out too much about her.

Chomper4

Unfortunately, Rowlet cannot evolve because it is influenced by Everstone.

I think that Rowlet will accidentally regurgitate the Everstone and is on a panic to find it, only to evolve into Dartrix just barely before finding it and no longer being interested in the stone, letting Pikachu hold onto it so that it doesn't get anymore close calls for evolving.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

I don't really remember that being the main argument against Dragapult. I'm fairly sure the main reason most people don't expect it to be on the team is because it has multiple Pokemon as part of its design and those kinds of Pokemon generally don't end up on the cast. Personally, as well as that reason, I just think it looks like garbage..

Totally subjective. Dragapult is probably one of my least favourite Pokemon in Galar and I'd be disappointed to see it on the cast. I'm like 90% sure it'll end up getting used by a PWC opponent instead anyway.. or Goh will get one, registering both Dragapult and Dreepy in his dex. :p

I think that Rowlet will accidentally regurgitate the Everstone and is on a panic to find it, only to evolve into Dartrix just barely before finding it and no longer being interested in the stone, letting Pikachu hold onto it so that it doesn't get anymore close calls for evolving.

Unlikely, since the everstone is basically part of it's shtick now. Also, Rowlet is pretty much the most popular Alola Pokemon in Japan, so them evolving it upon bringing it back would actually be a mistake, if anything.

Chomper4

And I see Gloria being a late main character joining the Journeys series stating out with Grookey.

Status
Not open for further replies.