• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

Oleana looks so cool and I really want her to be a important villain in the show because she looks so different from the other villains we've had.

She's like Lusamine except I think Oleana should be truly evil without being redeemed.

Interesting: Morpeko is next to Ash, so he gets it, while Sirfetch'd is closer to Go.
Morpeko and Galarfetch'd trade incoming.

This poster proves once again that placements on a poster don't matter.
At this point you are basically clutching at straws. The Pokemon in this poster are arranged almost randomly. Plus it shows Scorbunny instead of Raboot.
We all know G-Farfetch'd is a good choice for Ash. There is no need for Ash to trade it.
Ok my bad, I was thinking of others
It's all good. Kind of easy in a place like this.

Henry's Journey

nickdt

At this point you are basically clutching at straws. The Pokemon in this poster are arranged almost randomly. Plus it shows Scorbunny instead of Raboot.
We all know G-Farfetch'd is a good choice for Ash. There is no need for Ash to trade it.

Nope, i am just proving that placement on a poster means nothing.

Chomper4

no, I’m not really contradicting myself as there isn’t really any grouping here, sure Morpeko could wind up going to Ash, however Sirfetch’d which will likely be on Ash’s team is at the opposite end.

The previous poster showed Ash’s team with all of his Pokémon on his current team on the right while Go’s Pokémon are all on the left and Raboot and Pikachu sort of act like a divider.

As all of Ash’s Pokémon are to the right of Pikachu while all of Go’s Pokémon are to the left of Raboot.

That scan clearly doesn’t seem to be accurate as it literally makes no sense to break down Ash’s and Go’s teams on their respective side and then just randomly choose to put Sobble on the wrong side of the poster when all the other Pokémon are positioned correctly.

I think the previous scan is inaccurate too.

Chomper4

I wouldn't care much one way or the other I suppose. It would mean less screen-time for both Messon and Sarunori which seems counterproductive, but then again this series doesn't always play by the old rules.

Thats sadly true. Also I kinda feel that Team Rocket will be getting actual starter Pokemon this time. As much as I want Ash to have Sobble, my gut says the remaining two Galar starters will be Team Rocket Pokemon.

Thats sadly true. Also I kinda feel that Team Rocket will be getting actual starter Pokemon this time. As much as I want Ash to have Sobble, my gut says the remaining two Galar starters will be Team Rocket Pokemon.
Raboot might also leave Go to join TR. All three starters will be theirs.

Observer

Mostly watching
Oleana looks so cool and I really want her to be a important villain in the show because she looks so different from the other villains we've had.

She's like Lusamine except I think Oleana should be truly evil without being redeemed.

So in other words then she should be like Hunter J and maybe Lysandre?

Ultra Beast Lover

So in other words then she should be like Hunter J and maybe Lysandre?
She's certainly just as scary at times. Also, I think it'd fit with her in game character. Even if she's fine later on, Oleana loses it for no reason when we go out to get Leon. If we were strangers or if the meeting was life or death then it'd be justified but one of the people she was opposing was Leon's brother and the meeting was more of a casual chit chat.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Umbilical Noose said:

It's all good. Kind of easy in a place like this.

I personally don't think that a trade would be a bad idea, though. It likely won't happen since I can't imagine why the writers would have Satoshi get Galarian Kamonegi just to have him trade it for Messon later on when they could've given him Messon to begin with, but from my viewpoint him saying farewell to Kamonegi wouldn't be a big loss.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I can see some parallels between Olive and Hunter J, but I think that Olive would receive some redemption or a sympathetic backstory unlike Hunter J. The way the anime is these days, I don't trust the writers to give us a villain that is 100% evil.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Alright, assuming Go gets Sobble (likely so), I’m going to place bets on Ash getting Grookey due to a certain reason which isn’t one of the typical arguments. If he doesn’t then I guess I’d better hope the writers got some good ass solid captures in mind that can serve as makeups for Ash not getting the Galar starters. Old gen or not.
Well, the fact he have a riolu is the only thing pointing to him have more pokemon from other regions, but Ash have an awfully big roster of Kanto pokemon by now, with pikachu, Mimey, gengar and dragonite (and G-farfetch'd, if you want to be technical about that). I'd say they'd keep the pattern having Go catching the Galar starters while Ash bring his original trio (charizard, bulbasaur and squirtle) to showcase the Kanto starters in action. Adding some members of whatever he keep catching until the end of this saga.

But, Journeys is pretty much about "breaking patterns" by now, what do I know?

Honestly, think this just further strengthens my hope that a possible Greninja return is in the horizon.
It's a possibility. I'm hoping for incineroar finally having a proper fight too. Maybe beyleef and other starters evolving, while they're on it.

Red and Blue

You'd think if Sobble was going to TR they wouldn't have kept it locked up in a cage.

Pikachu only zaps people if they squeeze him or his cheeks.
Or step on his tail.
I think that his motives would be slightly different and less contrived if he appears in the anime, but I still think he'd be a budget version of Fuladari. I don't like Rose generally speaking, and I'd rather see Olive pick up the slack.
We do need a real female villain. Hunter J doesn't count since she was more of a hitmanwoman.

Observer

Mostly watching
I can see some parallels between Olive and Hunter J, but I think that Olive would receive some redemption or a sympathetic backstory unlike Hunter J. The way the anime is these days, I don't trust the writers to give us a villain that is 100% evil.

Giovanni: Am I joke to you like those three fools?

I personally don't think that a trade would be a bad idea, though. It likely won't happen since I can't imagine why the writers would have Satoshi get Galarian Kamonegi just to have him trade it for Messon later on when they could've given him Messon to begin with, but from my viewpoint him saying farewell to Kamonegi wouldn't be a big loss.
It might be because you don't like Galarian-Farfetch'd but for some people it is more interesting than you can think. Farfetch'd has been a loser since Gen1. Back then to get it you needed to trade a Spearow for it, an in-game trade. Most people saw that as the most useless trade in the games so far since Farfetch'd was practically useless compared to Fearow. Now after two decades they have finally turned it into a nice Pokemon and gave it an evolution as well. I think this might be the best time to give Farfetch'd some focus. Besides Sirfetch'd gives him an exclusive Galar mon.
You'd think if Sobble was going to TR they wouldn't have kept it locked up in a cage.
That's one way to catch a Pokemon. Why won't they just toss a Pokeball like Go is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.