• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Grookie is with Lycanroc and Riolu in the ending. If anything it means he's going to Ash.

And besides, Grookie is the type of Pokemon that fits Ash's personality.

No, it means nothing, since it was just Japanese wordplay.

Because i can do the uno reverse card: Since Ash was talking over the Sobble section, if anything, it means he's going to Ash (And we all know how that turned out).

dman_dustin

No, it means nothing, since it was just Japanese wordplay.

Because i can do the uno reverse card: Since Ash was talking over the Sobble section, if anything, it means he's going to Ash (And we all know how that turned out).

And as I've said many times, there is no reason for Dusk Lycanroc to be there.

It doesn't mean Ash is getting Grookey, but there's no reason for Dusk Lycanroc to be there along with Riolu.

...when did they change Kubfu's status? Could have sworn he used to be called a mythical, well I certainly look forward to the "Ash can't catch legendary!" line to die out. Now he just needs a feminine Pokemon(Meloetta pls, Gardevoir is just fan fic bait), a fossil, and a Mega to silence the "Can't"s for good!

Kubfu was always referred to as legendary I don't know why you thought it was a mythical.

Zarude was the only thing labeled a mythical in context to the DLC (and specifically the Isle of Armor DLC).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Alright if we’re talking about Grookey now, I give no damns on where the thing will go to. If it goes to Ash, fine. If it goes to Go then whatever. If it does go to Go however, I actually would prefer that. Gives more speculation and space on what the writers plan on having Ash own for Galar mons rather than the predictable and obvious like we got every other series. My eyes will be on Corviknight and Dragapult and see what their fates will be tho. And no I do not see Go getting Corviknight, dont even think about saying that it will unless there are indications which there isn’t.

Last edited:

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I see peeps talking about water types for Ash and I can't be the only one thinking Cramorant would be a perfect "fit", right? Its ability already sorta "interacts" with Pikachu, it could check off the "main bird" box too and the whole gulping thing could make some room in terms of personality.

PsychoLogical

Now he just needs a feminine Pokemon(Meloetta pls, Gardevoir is just fan fic bait), a fossil, and a Mega to silence the "Can't"s for good!
Well... There's still him needing to get a pure Dark type. The "He won't use Dark type moves besides Bite and Crunch especially Night Slash" excuse is permanently dead but the "He won't get a Pure Dark Type" one isn't.

Henry's Journey

I want Ash to catch a Tyranitar (or a Larvitar o Pupitar) to make up for that Larvitar back in Johto and well Grookey but I'm 50/50 on it, it could go to Go as well.

and I hope Ash catches more mons than during Unova! Right now he has catched from Kanto (2), Sinnoh (1) and Galar (1), he should catch at least 1 from Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos and Alola.

charinija

Pokemon Master
But Pikachu's going to beat Charizard, he isn't going to need a water type for that

He is the Leon. Not gym leader. I think Pikachu wont win against Charizard.

İn my opinion Ash definetely gets legendary. Maybe it wont Kubfu. Maybe it would latias or latios.

Applecorp

I always thought Sonia was cool but I am so glad that she isn't part of the group because she reminds me too much of Alexa only Sonia has a bigger part in the games than she did.

Alexa was borderline useless and at least Sonia has a job of working for Prof. Magnolia. And on this subject Magnolia should've appeared by now.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Its thanks to Alexa that Ash was so interested in Noivern. He ended up getting one and it became big and reliable.

I wonder if Sonia will end up having Yamper as well.

I'm pretty sure Galarian Officer Jenny will have Boltund.

Maybe they should give her Gossifleur. It matches her aesthetic.

Ultra Beast Lover

Alexa was borderline useless and at least Sonia has a job of working for Prof. Magnolia. And on this subject Magnolia should've appeared by now.
XD I forgot Alexa was a part of the XY anime. She's just so disconnected from the main plot. Alexa comes to Kalos with Ash then is like, "See ya!"

PsychoLogical

Its thanks to Alexa that Ash was so interested in Noivern. He ended up getting one and it became big and reliable.

I wonder if Sonia will end up having Yamper as well.

I'm pretty sure Galarian Officer Jenny will have Boltund.

Maybe they should give her Gossifleur. It matches her aesthetic.
Did you really just call Ash’s Noivern reliable..??

Ultra Beast Lover

If Ash were to get a legendary, I'd want him to have a Latias/Latios. It's just low enough on the legendary totem pole, however that's determined, that we know there's more than one and it won't be overpowered but it'll still give him the edge he'll need to climb up to Leon.

Ash-Greninja4life

Then that means Ash would also get Cramorant and Togepi, as per the ending as well.
Maybe he will. Cramorant is weird but it’s a flying/water type, and I can imagine it accidentally picking up Ash’s Pikachu, that would be a cool duo.

As for Togepi, as long as it evolves and Ash gets Togekiss, then I’m okay with that. I know Dawn has one and Misty used to have Togetic, but Ash has Iris Pokemon in Dragonite already, so it’s possible. As Togepi is one of those Pokemon that ash just missed out on and people weren’t happy about that, and it would follow the pattern.

Gengar
Riolu
Dragonite

Are all Pokemon ash missed out on and people wanted him to have, Togepi does match that as well.

Togepi
Grookey
Cramorant might well be his next 3 Pokemon

ShadowForce720

Maybe he will. Cramorant is weird but it’s a flying/water type, and I can imagine it accidentally picking up Ash’s Pikachu, that would be a cool duo.

As for Togepi, as long as it evolves and Ash gets Togekiss, then I’m okay with that. I know Dawn has one and Misty used to have Togetic, but Ash has Iris Pokemon in Dragonite already, so it’s possible. As Togepi is one of those Pokemon that ash just missed out on and people weren’t happy about that, and it would follow the pattern.

Gengar
Riolu
Dragonite

Are all Pokemon ash missed out on and people wanted him to have, Togepi does match that as well.

Togepi
Grookey
Cramorant might well be his next 3 Pokemon

Well if Ash were to get a Togepi and fully evolve it, it would likely mean that we would get to see more of it’s middle stage Togetic, where when it came to Misty’s Togetic it was released shortly after it evolved.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Also as somebody explain before, they chose Dusk not Midnight or Midday but Dusk! The one Ash owns and slapped his newest capture(at the time) next to it, if he doesn't get Grookey then that's just them handling their promo as awfully as they did Sobble. "Hey let's list Ash's team and toss Sobble in with them!" :rolleyes:

I think people put too much emphasis on Dusk Lugarugan specifically being used. It's the newest Lugarugan form, so it makes sense that it was used since most of the main demographic are probably more familiar with it than they are with the other two forms. The fact that Satoshi himself had one adds to that familiarity, but it doesn't have to be a direct implication that his old Lugarugan will return. If any of his old Pokemon will return in the near future, I'd place all my bets on Gekkouga based on it appearing on a lot of merchandise scans in the past few months, as well as it winning the popularity poll.

Durrendal

I'm of the opinion that 3 of the shiritori chains represent Ash, Go, and Chloe's captures and the last chain is one Pokémon from each of them.

I don't think Ash will catch a Cramorant the same reason he won't Dynamax his Gengar. Gulp missile with his Pikachu and that scary Gengar form most likely would scare it's kid base quite a bit.

ShadowForce720

I'm of the opinion that 3 of the shiritori chains represent Ash, Go, and Chloe's captures and the last chain is one Pokémon from each of them.

I don't think Ash will catch a Cramorant the same reason he won't Dynamax his Gengar. Gulp missile with his Pikachu and that scary Gengar form most likely would scare it's kid base quite a bit.

I don’t think either of those things would really be that big of a issue. First off Gulp Missile is more of a gag then actually being scary as for Gengar’s Gigantamax form there have been things that are for more scary and disturbing in the anime then Gigantamax Gengar.

So I don’t think either of those things would prevent Ash from catching Cramorant and/or Gigantamaxing his Gengar.

Although that being there are certainly other Pokémon that I would prefer Ash to catch over Cramorant, and I wouldn’t mind if they go the route of having Ash’s Gengar Mega Evolve instead of Gigantamaxing.

Although they could go the down the route where Ash’s Gengar is both able to Mega Evolve and Gigantamax.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I find Gengar's G-max form to look more silly than intimidating (not in a bad way though) personally.

also @ShadowForce720 while Togepi would give Ash a fairy type, I'm not exactly sure i'm in that camp.

I know Ash and other cast members have shared pokemon in the past (like right now him having dragonite...and people bringing up Iris') but here's the thing.

The togepi line was owned respectively by 2 of Ash's companions in misty (togepi/togetic heck the former for 5 seasons) and Dawn (togekiss) it would feel kind of boring for Ash to get one imo. Where as say Empoleon or Blaziken would be ok because only one fellow MC had them (and seeing Ash succeed where Dawn failed would be interesting)

I still think if he's going to get another fairy pokemon (due to the questionable status of mr.mime) i'd rather it be Ralts (and stay to Gardevoir) or G-Ponyta to stop the whole "Ash can only have masculine pokemon" arguments.

Heck even Sylveon would be an better choice...and the least predictable eeveelution Ash could get since I know that if Ash got one (albeit it's also questionable by fans due to 3 main's owning one, and the last one didn't evolve) most seem to go towards Esepon, due to being the counterpart to Gary's Umbreon, but we know he's not a full time trainer anymore...and by now I don't think that's a good reason to go that route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.