• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

The summary doesn't imply anything. It just says goh has a plan. It doesn't say what he has a plan for, whether it be capturing flygon or dealing with the chaos its sand tomb is causing. Its still too early to assume anything out of the summary has we havent got a full translation yet

Ash isn't the one to steal a capture from someone who has put more effort in (Unlike Go). So Goh has higher chances in getting the Flygon than Ash is. Obviously, it can still remain a wild one, but the summary doesn't imply Ash getting it at all and leans more towards Goh than Ash. Thats why the summary implies Goh getting it instead of Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
While it would be cool if Ash caught Flygon I'm kind of worried about his Gengar. It hasnt really done much or shown up since it was caught

I still think they're playing catch up with Riolu and Farfetch'd. Gengar and Dragonite have already proven themselves to be quite strong while these two do need some work before they can start fighting powerful opponents

No idea why they won't let Gengar get some simple scenes though, can't we get more scenes where Ash's Pokemon are all together? Gengar keeps getting singled out :/

dman_dustin

Tbh I still dont see the connection between Gou catching pokemon and getting Mew

Pretty sure its just a Mew transforms into everything and can use all the attacks connection. And Ditto doesn't matter as much since Ditto has consistently shown to be weaker than the real thing, Whereas Mew can easily be justified being stronger than the real deal hence it being a mythical.

Fernsday

I really don’t mind if Ash doesn’t catch Flygon tbh, he’s already got a “popular” Dragon type on his team in Dragonite. I’ve mentioned this prior but again I think Ash will have two teams, a “popular” team and Galarian team and I don’t think Flygon would be the best fit on his “popular” team, they’d probably wanna go for more “mainstream” options if that makes sense

The summary doesn't imply anything. It just says goh has a plan. It doesn't say what he has a plan for, whether it be capturing flygon or dealing with the chaos its sand tomb is causing. Its still too early to assume anything out of the summary has we havent got a full translation yet
Maybe his plan is to cheer Ash up since he is sick from the battle.
Tbh I still dont see the connection between Gou catching pokemon and getting Mew
That's the thing I have been wondering for nearly 30 episodes now.

nickdt

I still think they're playing catch up with Riolu and Farfetch'd. Gengar and Dragonite have already proven themselves to be quite strong while these two do need some work before they can start fighting powerful opponents

No idea why they won't let Gengar get some simple scenes though, can't we get more scenes where Ash's Pokemon are all together? Gengar keeps getting singled out :/

It kinda makes sense with Gengars personality being a loner.

Fernsday

It kinda makes sense with Gengars personality being a loner.
Team interactions makes them actually feel like a team tho, literally simple 30 second-minute scenes with the team at Sakuragi Lab would add so much. SM would have brief scenes of Torracat and Lycanroc sparring or trying to finish their food faster than each other, Rowlet and Meltan moments, the entire team training together, etc. Why can’t we have that for PM

nickdt

Team interactions makes them actually feel like a team tho, literally simple 30 second-minute scenes with the team at Sakuragi Lab would add so much. SM would have brief scenes of Torracat and Lycanroc sparring or trying to finish their food faster than each other, Rowlet and Meltan moments, the entire team training together, etc. Why can’t we have that for PM

I don't disagree with you on that, but still... with Gengar being a loner it makes sense he doesn't appear all the time, just like it doesn't make sense Dragonite getting excluded, since that one isn't a loner.

Trainer Micah

You know after compling the upcoming episodes and movie i think Ash's team combine with befriend or temporary's will look like this: Ps this is after Mewtwo Strikes back with evolution. Okay: Also depending on what takes place after August 16th are in thoughts okay?.

Bulbasaur Squirtle Lugia Rotom Bulbasaur Ivysaur
Venusaur Dewgong Dragonite Wailord Gengar Lucario
Sirfetch'd Cubone Zarude Celebi(s) Togepi Cramorant
Rillaboom Zucian Zamazenta Greninja Goodra Rowlet
Lycanroc(Dusk) Incineroar Melmnetal

1) Riolu is determine to evolve sooner or later when it does i'll be happy after Farfetch'd evolves.
2) Sirfetch'd will evolve sooner or later when it does i'll be happy.
3) Cubone there i think Ash'll maybe trade Farfetch'd and back similar to Butterfree/Raticate before
4) Zarude and Shiny Celebi i think will be in a alternate timeline for it to befriend Ash.
5) Rillaboom Togepi Cramorant will be Ash's upcoming captures after December i think getting time for evolution
6) Zucian and Zamazenta should show temporary though by after the legendary's i hope Greninja and Goodra come back
7) Afterward's i hope Ash's Alola team returns giving Ash upto 26/27 pokemon in thinking the team'll change though for whatever comes.
8) Lastly if Ash get's 31 pokemon this season whatever he get's i'll be happy alright? Depending on if's:
Captured Temporary Befriend Released okay for now this is just a speculation what do you think?

DuskAstral

5) Rillaboom Togepi Cramorant will be Ash's upcoming captures
I don't think he'll catch Togepi, it's not a very strong Pokémon, so it won't come in handy in PWC.
I would also have doubts about the Grookey line when looking at the other two primers going to Gou. (I will add that no matter who catches him, I don't see an option for him to be caught immediately in the last form. Starters are always caught in their basic form).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't think he'll catch Togepi, it's not a very strong Pokémon, so it won't come in handy in PWC.
I would also have doubts about the Grookey line when looking at the other two primers going to Gou. (I will add that no matter who catches him, I don't see an option for him to be caught immediately in the last form. Starters are always caught in their basic form).
I think Grookey will go to Ash and have some quick evolutions, or maybe evolve in the episode that Ash catches it.

esquilo09

So the Pokémon using Sand Tomb is a Flygon. But the summary implies Go will be the one catching it. Might be raid battle.

Zariful

Y’all need to chill about ash not catching fully Evolved Pokémon. Riolu was a literal baby in 21. Riolu in the span of nine episodes, it was able to push back against Mr.Mime’s Reflect, push Ash’s Farfetch’d to the limit and knock it out twice, beat another trainer’s Electabuzz, and presumably fought several of Go’s Pokémon and not getting tired. Imagine Pokémon that have been around for a good while. Non fully evolved doesn’t equal weak. Ash is hardly in the bad parts of the world championship. He is allowed to train up some mons like Riolu and eventually Farfetch’d.

Status
Not open for further replies.