• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Hey guys, just noticed that on the poster there's a Charizard with a baby Charmander on it, do ya'll think Ash's Charizard might return with a kid lol??
Nothing indicates it was a baby. For all we know, it's Leon's and they were paired up because they're evolutionary relatives.

Rune Knight

This poster though has to be somewhat indicative that they are indeed Ash's pokémon, because you'd figure that if they wanted to Kanto reps they would just resort to depicting the starters in their first stage, plus Bulbasaur and Squirtle look a little too overly friendly to me which is alluding to the relationship that Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle had in the OS.

Pocket_Monsters_2019_key_visual.png

nickdt

This poster though has to be somewhat indicative that they are indeed Ash's pokémon, because you'd figure that if they wanted to Kanto reps they would just resort to depicting the starters in their first stage, plus Bulbasaur and Squirtle look a little too overly friendly to me which is alluding to the relationship that Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle had in the OS.

Pocket_Monsters_2019_key_visual.png

Yeah and that Psyduck seems to be Misty's.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I do think they may go to Oaks lab at some point. I just hope they showcase more than the Alola Oak lab episode did. Would also be cool to see an evolution amongst Ashs mons. Our candidates would be Bulbasaur, Squirtle (if he’s on the poster too I could see him being at the lab), Totodile, Bayleef, Quilava, Corphish, Buizel, Gible, Snivy, Oshawott, Pignite, Scraggy, Boldore, or Palpitoad. I think a lot of people would want Gible to evolve but personally I’d want Boldore or Totodile.

nickdt

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'd personally like to see Wally. The poor guy is (so far at least) the only Game Rival (aside from Hugh) to get skipped over for an anime appearance. I just don't know who.
Making an excuse for Ash to meet him wouldn't be too hard. All they have to do is go to the Battle Maison in Kalos or Hoenn, I care not where they put it, and have him just be a really strong trainer. Oh and have Ayumu Murase reprise his role from Masters because that voice was oddly more appropriate than my personal pick.

esquilo09

I just hope Go catches that Beartic which then ends that theory of Go never catching a Pokémon that was used in TR's gacha machine.

I know what you're thinking, "but what about Magikarp and Poliwag?" true he didn't catch Gyarados and Poliwrath, but at least he caught their pre evolved, but some people won't accept until they see him catching a species of Pokémon that was in the gacha machine.

World Turtle

I hope Ash captures something after this arc with Bea is over with. After Ash lost a chance at Flygon I hope his next capture is something from Hoenn. I might take anything at this point.

I do like that idea where Ash catches Zangoose and Gou catches Seviper and the two have to figure out a way for them to get a long.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I never understood that tbh, why it takes so long.

I don't know why it's taking so long either, Serena is far from being a favorite of mine but she deserves better. "But what about Cilan/Iris?" They had post series specials, Serena didn't. I'd like to see how Contest life is faring for her but given how they treated the non-Lillie characters and dumped them back into Alola? I wouldn't be surprised if she's back to doing boring Showcases :rolleyes:

I hope Goh gets this treatment once 2019's series is over cause I never want to see his screen hogging ass again

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't know why it's taking so long either, Serena is far from being a favorite of mine but she deserves better. "But what about Cilan/Iris?" They had post series specials, Serena didn't. I'd like to see how Contest life is faring for her but given how they treated the non-Lillie characters and dumped them back into Alola? I wouldn't be surprised if she's back to doing boring Showcases :rolleyes:

I hope Goh gets this treatment once 2019's series is over cause I never want to see his screen hogging ass again
They didnt dump them back into alola lmao, sophocles and lana had gone out of alola for summer vacation, temporarily. Considering burnet's baby was born its obvious its been many months so makes perfect sense for them to be back in alola barring lillie. If serena does return and her goal change to contests isnt mentioned it would be dumb. They would address that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.