• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

"That" Beartic (assuming that you're talking about the one from the planetarium special; else, ignore me) is probably not getting caught.
I thought you wanted him/Ash to catch Weavile...
I still do, I'm just indignant for it to be used for evil for the THIRD time!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't know why it's taking so long either, Serena is far from being a favorite of mine but she deserves better. "But what about Cilan/Iris?" They had post series specials, Serena didn't. I'd like to see how Contest life is faring for her but given how they treated the non-Lillie characters and dumped them back into Alola? I wouldn't be surprised if she's back to doing boring Showcases :rolleyes:

I hope Goh gets this treatment once 2019's series is over cause I never want to see his screen hogging ass again
Honestly, I think two things can happen: Go decides to do Misty/Brock and to travel with Ash in next region and in Gen 9 girl(Gen 9 protag) can tag along. Or Go can simply leave in 2022 or even 2023 after Gen 8 is done. Honestly, I feel first one will happen more than second one.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
That's the third time Weavile is used for evil! I'm mad like a Primeape! Along with Mable and Kagetomo, Jessie is now my third hated character!

Oh Zucky! Curse you *Beep*ing writers! :mad:

I don't see why it makes a difference, unless you believe that Manyula won't be caught by a main character now just because one'll be used by Musashi in that non-canon special.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
They should stop making Prof. Cerise as a BG character... Even Chloe has more focus than him...

I hope Guzma returns...

He's a professor, and not even one that's in the games. So him getting little screen-time was expected since his role is meant to be minor. I still think that he shouldn't have been introduced at all, and that we should've gotten Willow-hakase instead since he actually promotes one of the games, and would've made sense in this series given all the Pokemon GO elements.

Applecorp

I feel like Ash being the Alola Champion wasn't mentioned to shill the PWC, so like "winning the Alola league isn't important, the PWC is!", meh.

Either way it's funny in a cruel way that his biggest achievement to date was swept under the rug. All that drama and excitement over him winning the league in Sun and Moon feels so pointless now if Ash can't take advantage of his status.

Ibrahim Saidu

Honestly, I think two things can happen: Go decides to do Misty/Brock and to travel with Ash in next region and in Gen 9 girl(Gen 9 protag) can tag along. Or Go can simply leave in 2022 or even 2023 after Gen 8 is done. Honestly, I feel first one will happen more than second one.
Disagree because as it stands now a lot of fans hates Goh because his goal doesn't make sense. What's the point of catching Pokemon when you don't use them in battles or even bond with them

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If we ever go back to Alola, I'd like to see Goh try to catch certain pokemon like the Island Guardians or the Ultra Beasts since it could be a good push in his development. While he's been leaving every pokemon he's caught in Cerise Park, and they all seem perfectly happy living there (most of the time), there will come a moment where Goh will try to catch a pokemon he just can't keep because either they're too dangerous, they want to stay where they are, or they're too important to the area.

By catching the Ultra Beasts or the Island Guardians, it would be a good way for Goh to realize that he can't keep every pokemon and starts releasing some of them after he catches them. It would teach Goh to think more about others' concerns than his own, he'd still achieve his goal since they'll still be registered to his pokedex, & it would take care of people complaining about how he's condemning so many pokemon to a life of slavery

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Either way it's funny in a cruel way that his biggest achievement to date was swept under the rug. All that drama and excitement over him winning the league in Sun and Moon feels so pointless now if Ash can't take advantage of his status.

I personally never thought that him winning the Alola League was all-that impressive anyway considering the level of the competition, but I can see why some viewers would've wanted more attention to be given to that title in the Alola comeback episode since the Alola League was one of the most important events in that saga.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
If Ash or Chole gets or not a Fossil in ep 38 rather then Aerodactyl, what could it get?
  • Helix Fossil-Omanyte: Water Gun, Rollout, Ice Beam, Shell Smash
  • Dome Fossil-Kabuto: Aqua Jet, Mud Shot, Take Down
  • Root Fossil-Lileep: Confuse Ray, Bullet Seed, Brine, Solar Beam
  • Claw Fossil-Anorith: Water Gun, Bug Bite, Rock Slide, Crush Claw
  • Skull Fossil-Cranidos: Headbutt, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast
  • Shield Fossil-Shieldon: Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head
  • Cover Fossil-Tirtouga: Bide, Brine, Ancient Power, Blizzard
  • Plume Fossil-Archen: Wing Attack, Dragon Breath, Steel Wing, Knock Off
  • Jaw Fossil-Tyrunt: Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Rock Polish
  • Sail Fossil-Amaura: Icy Wind, Rock Throw, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath

They'll get none of these but just to humor you Ash would get the Plume fossil in an alternate universe and Chloe would get the Sail fossil because Amaura's kinda cute for her.

Master Pikachu 11

Hey guys, just noticed that on the poster there's a Charizard with a baby Charmander on it, do ya'll think Ash's Charizard might return with a kid lol??
The Charmander is most likely the same one that Professor Cerise offered to Goh to choose his own starter before Goh rejected the Kanto starters because he wanted to get Mew. So my guess is it’s the same one from that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.