• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Disagree because as it stands now a lot of fans hates Goh because his goal doesn't make sense. What's the point of catching Pokemon when you don't use them in battles or even bond with them

To complete the Pokédex, which is something a lot of people do. I've got a Dusknoir in my Pokédex, but I've never and will never bother to use it.

Master Pikachu 11

If we ever go back to Alola, I'd like to see Goh try to catch certain pokemon like the Island Guardians or the Ultra Beasts since it could be a good push in his development. While he's been leaving every pokemon he's caught in Cerise Park, and they all seem perfectly happy living there (most of the time), there will come a moment where Goh will try to catch a pokemon he just can't keep because either they're too dangerous, they want to stay where they are, or they're too important to the area.

By catching the Ultra Beasts or the Island Guardians, it would be a good way for Goh to realize that he can't keep every pokemon and starts releasing some of them after he catches them. It would teach Goh to think more about others' concerns than his own, he'd still achieve his goal since they'll still be registered to his pokedex, & it would take care of people complaining about how he's condemning so many pokemon to a life of slavery
I highly doubt that Goh will catch either of them, first the Alola guardians should not be caught because they serve an important purpose which is to protect Alola from danger and second a lot of the UB are considered dangerous because of their dex entries and Goh would have to catch Guzzlord which would be even more dangerous and not likely to happen. Also Celesteela is too big to be caught in a Beast Ball so you can forget that one too. Goh is a collector and he is not interested in releasing or letting go of the Pokémon that he has caught just to complete his dex. If he was then he would have easily parted ways with Pinsir who he hasn’t done anything with since he captured her instead of going out of his way to catch another Pinsir in order to get Heracross.

Anyway, this is a different topic, but I really like the Alola episode. However, I felt the Kiawe vs Goh battle was underwhelming and was disappointed that Raboot didn’t evolve. So maybe it will evolve next episode. I was happy to see both Gengar and Farfetch’d make an appearance in this episode as well.

esquilo09

I don't see why it makes a difference, unless you believe that Manyula won't be caught by a main character now just because one'll be used by Musashi in that non-canon special.
So those pictures are fan made?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
They'll get none of these but just to humor you Ash would get the Plume fossil in an alternate universe and Chloe would get the Sail fossil because Amaura's kinda cute for her.

Koharu probably wouldn't get Amarus anyway due to the species needing to live in a cold environment, otherwise her Amarus would die. Not that I expect her or Satoshi to get new Pokemon in the next episode, regardless.

Illusio

No words, only rage
If Ash or Chole gets or not a Fossil in ep 38 rather then Aerodactyl, what could it get?
  • Helix Fossil-Omanyte: Water Gun, Rollout, Ice Beam, Shell Smash
  • Dome Fossil-Kabuto: Aqua Jet, Mud Shot, Take Down
  • Root Fossil-Lileep: Confuse Ray, Bullet Seed, Brine, Solar Beam
  • Claw Fossil-Anorith: Water Gun, Bug Bite, Rock Slide, Crush Claw
  • Skull Fossil-Cranidos: Headbutt, Head Smash, Zen Headbutt, Fire Blast
  • Shield Fossil-Shieldon: Iron Defense, Stone Edge, Flash Cannon, Iron Head
  • Cover Fossil-Tirtouga: Bide, Brine, Ancient Power, Blizzard
  • Plume Fossil-Archen: Wing Attack, Dragon Breath, Steel Wing, Knock Off
  • Jaw Fossil-Tyrunt: Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Thunder Fang, Rock Polish
  • Sail Fossil-Amaura: Icy Wind, Rock Throw, Aurora Beam, Frost Breath

If they were to get one. I want Ash to get either the Plume, Cover or Jaw fossils while Chloe could get the Sheidon or Sail fossils (and yes, I remember the cold weather condition, she still should get it).

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Disagree because as it stands now a lot of fans hates Goh because his goal doesn't make sense. What's the point of catching Pokemon when you don't use them in battles or even bond with them
The only place I have seen people hate Go was on here and I doubt writers even know this place exists. I think Go is liked by many others outside this place.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
As much as I want to believe that they'll bring back reserves after today's episode, I still have doubts that they'll be seen outside of Oak's/Kukui's.

Even if we see the reserves at Okido-hakase's lab in this series, today's episode made me a bit cynical about how they'll likely be treated since it seems that the writers are content enough with showcasing reserves, but not doing much with them.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I just hope Go catches that Beartic which then ends that theory of Go never catching a Pokémon that was used in TR's gacha machine.

I know what you're thinking, "but what about Magikarp and Poliwag?" true he didn't catch Gyarados and Poliwrath, but at least he caught their pre evolved, but some people won't accept until they see him catching a species of Pokémon that was in the gacha machine.

I have never seen this theory before and I can see why. It's super dumb. Like, why? It's not as if TR's gatcha mons are reoccurring.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Red and Blue

Hope that the Zapdos episode is set in the Kanto Power Plant. I doubt Go will catch it where he is at now but we will see I guess

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Hope that the Zapdos episode is set in the Kanto Power Plant. I doubt Go will catch it where he is at now but we will see I guess

I'm hoping the magazine doesn't kill Riolu's chances of evolving the rematch episode though, sure it's not guaranteed but I figure that's one heck of a good time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.