• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

I think Grookey will happen after the Darkest Day. It could be the episode after Eternatus is dealt with. Ash or Go will likely bond with it and catch it after TR shenanigans

Yes. Steel is the only type Go doesnt own. At first I thought his first Steel type would have been Alolan Diglett.
I think his first Steel type will be Scizor when Go evolves his Scyther via anime physics.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:
But this is supposed to be speculation thread not wish-list.

There's a very fine line between them, though. Even I don't know what exactly constitutes realistic speculation and wishful thinking, although I try to use merchandise to gauge what Pokemon can be expected to appear, even if there are flaws like we've seen with Sarunori receiving hundreds of toys this whole year yet still not debuting.

You do realize that most of Ash’s current team is composed of Pokémon that some people would have dismiss just as someone’s wish list.

I mean I can’t see how trying to draw a line between speculation and wish list wouldn’t be used to just try to control what Pokémon people are allowed to speculate on when it comes to captures on the main cast.

It basically comes across as people shouldn’t be allowed to speculate on Ash getting Eevee because “x” person has deemed it as a wish list.

Which if anything is ridiculous and goes against the purpose of the thread.

Sure that might not be what you intended.
Just because it is in someone else wish list doesn't disqualify it from possible capture unless that someone is Goh and the pokemon in the wish-list is Mew.

Even I don't know what exactly constitutes realistic speculation and wishful thinking,
Just give supporting theory on why it is that pokemon, even if others disagree with the theory.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So what were the updates given about each character?? I didn't watch with subs so I don't know.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly at this point I'm just holding out hope for Espeon but knowing these trolls called writers Goh will probably get Eevee too *sighs*...

desdar300

I can foresee an entire episode where go gets every single member of the Eeveelution family.
The more I think about it it sounds right up his alley

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh who cares about the eeveelutions anyways, only like half of them are memorable in any way with Umbreon being the most overexposed for whatever reason. I also think Go will get them but also somehow misses out on one of them where the missing piece ends up with Ash instead :v

ShadowForce720

I can foresee an entire episode where go gets every single member of the Eeveelution family.
The more I think about it it sounds right up his alley

In all honesty I wouldn’t be that surprised if Go gets all but one of the Eeveelution and Ash gets the remaining Eeveelution.

I mean keep in mind they had all 3 of Goh’s Wurmple all evolve into Cascoon just for the gag.

So I could see a situation where Go gets 7 Eevee and tries to get an 8th one but the 8th winds up choosing to be caught by Ash.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The point is that, once Riolu will evolve to Lucario, they will need another "not evolved" Pokemon to be Pikachu's "partner" on Ash's team.
Idk about that. The fact that they got Lucario up front and center next to Pikachu on the Calendar (while conversely Cinderace is way in the background) makes me believe that the writers are still keeping it as Pikachu's "Partner".

Maybe I'm wrong tho we'll see.

On the subject of Eevee and the Eeveelutions.

I think Ash will capture Eevee itself while Gou catches all the Eeveelutions.

desdar300

Idk about that. The fact that they got Lucario up front and center next to Pikachu on the Calendar (while conversely Cinderace is way in the background) makes me believe that the writers are still keeping it as Pikachu's "Partner".

Maybe I'm wrong tho we'll see.

On the subject of Eevee and the Eeveelutions.

I think Ash will capture Eevee itself while Gou catches all the Eeveelutions.
Once Ace comes I bet we're going to see a Renaissance of Cinderace art with 90% of it being schoolgirl art.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:

Lucario being at the forefront makes sense given how popular the species is, as well as the fact that it's a Satoshi Pokemon. As much as some viewers claim that Gou "takes Satoshi's screen-time", it seems like the people in charge of merchandising at least care about showcasing Satoshi's Pokemon more often than Gou's on products.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I really hope we see Ash get more than just two Galar Pokémon (Sirfetchd and in the event his last slot is Galar). Grookey, Rookidee, Impidimp, and honestly even Eiscue I’d all like with him. Ooh and Flapple as well.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
By the counts I carry, Goh is already getting close to Ash about Pokemon captured. (Which, by the way, is embarrassing that Goh has practically reached in one single season almost as many captures as Ash has done through all the series)

+ Goh officially has more Pokemon' species than Ash between Oak's Lab, Kukui's home and his current team.
+ Goh already has Pokemon of almost any type, while Ash took him DECADES to finally capture a Ghost Type (Gengar). He's only lacking Steel Types for now, although he could get one if either Scyther or Pineco evolve to Scizor or Forretress.
+ About number of Pokemon, Goh still hasn't reached Ash's current numbers, if we count his Tauros' herd of 30 indivuduals. However, Goh already has several repeated Pokemon: Dustox, Flabebe (one of each flower), Magikarp (although the giant one will surely evolve to Gyarados) and Exeggutor (even if each one is a Regional Form).

As far as I see, when Goh reachs Ash's numbers, I believe Ash will start to capture more Pokemon too. (Not that this is a competition, but it bugs me how quickly Goh captures so many Pokemon while Ash took years to do it). So, I believe Ash's numbers should be start to rise soon, either by new captures or old Pokemon returning (like Greninja).

PsychoLogical

I really hope we see Ash get more than just two Galar Pokémon (Sirfetchd and in the event his last slot is Galar). Grookey, Rookidee, Impidimp, and honestly even Eiscue I’d all like with him. Ooh and Flapple as well.
I think this is one thing we can be confident about which is that Ash will get the usual at least 5 new region mons (this case being Galar)

esquilo09

By the counts I carry, Goh is already getting close to Ash about Pokemon captured. (Which, by the way, is embarrassing that Goh has practically reached in one single season almost as many captures as Ash has done through all the series)

+ Goh officially has more Pokemon' species than Ash between Oak's Lab, Kukui's home and his current team.
+ Goh already has Pokemon of almost any type, while Ash took him DECADES to finally capture a Ghost Type (Gengar). He's only lacking Steel Types for now, although he could get one if either Scyther or Pineco evolve to Scizor or Forretress.
+ About number of Pokemon, Goh still hasn't reached Ash's current numbers, if we count his Tauros' herd of 30 indivuduals. However, Goh already has several repeated Pokemon: Dustox, Flabebe (one of each flower), Magikarp (although the giant one will surely evolve to Gyarados) and Exeggutor (even if each one is a Regional Form).

As far as I see, when Goh reachs Ash's numbers, I believe Ash will start to capture more Pokemon too. (Not that this is a competition, but it bugs me how quickly Goh captures so many Pokemon while Ash took years to do it). So, I believe Ash's numbers should be start to rise soon, either by new captures or old Pokemon returning (like Greninja).
It doesn't bug me how quickly Go caught so many Pokémon, also unlike Ash, he has more than one ghost type.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^it's still a case of quantity vs quality, other trainers like Gary also caught more pokemon than Ash, and he even caught repeat species, gou only uses a handful of the ones he's obtained, and even then only a few are battle capable.

I'm sure that Ash's captures are bound to be stronger overall in the end that most of Gou's combined.

I think this is one thing we can be confident about which is that Ash will get the usual at least 5 new region mons (this case being Galar)

that's another pattern I honestly hope they break, other than Toxel, Dreepy, and G-ponyta I'm not personally interested in anything else from Galar, at least when it comes to Ash using them.

heck even Alola barely gave him 5...and even then that's really stretching it given Naganadel's inconsistent status.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Go point is to complete is dex, Satoshi's goal is to have the strongest team possible, Satoshi doesn't get more Pokemon because that wasn't the point of the characters, I liked the bigger roster in BW, but a lot of people didn't.

PsychoLogical

Go point is to complete is dex, Satoshi's goal is to have the strongest team possible, Satoshi doesn't get more Pokemon because that wasn't the point of the characters, I liked the bigger roster in BW, but a lot of people didn't.
People would’ve likely taken the bigger roster of BW receptively if it wasn’t treated poorly. Half of them were questionable captures and it was literally just Pikachu, the starters, Scraggy, and the last spot up for rotation which mainly went to Krookodile but then unfortunately got permanently taken by Charizard while also having Scraggy getting rotated out for Krookodile and the rest got shafted to Oak’s for the rest of the series. And only 3 were stupidly fully evolved for whatever reason.

The “marketing curse” basically got the better of them and screwed over the entire team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.