• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Is steel the only pokemon type that Goh currently does not have?

I wonder what his first steel type will be? Maybe just evolving his Pineco.

What do mean, he already Steel'd Sobble from Ash. *ba-dum-tish*

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So what were the updates given about each character?? I didn't watch with subs so I don't know.

Sophocles will attend a "Space Camp" in Mossdeep City.
Lillie and Gladion are closer to find the Mohn that helped make them.
No updates on Kiawe's goal but he did act very ex-bf-y and Kahuna-y towards Goh.
No update on Lana's Manaphy mission.
Mallow already reached her dream, according to Goh.
Ash became Onii-chan.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
The assistants need to do more too

I agree...

He's a professor, and not even one that's in the games. So him getting little screen-time was expected since his role is meant to be minor. I still think that he shouldn't have been introduced at all, and that we should've gotten Willow-hakase instead since he actually promotes one of the games, and would've made sense in this series given all the Pokemon GO elements.

So as Chloe... I believe Chloe together with Ren and Chrysa are more minor than Prof. Cerise...

Speaking of Prof. Willow, I hope he gets an appearance... Perhaps the Prof. Cerise focus episode I'm anticipating... Prof. Willow can be Prof. Cerise's former research fellow under Prof. Oak (both were proteges AFAIK), similar to what Ash and Goh are now...

Back in Mossdeep again? He and Molayne just went there right?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Ash doesn't need Grookey or any other basic stage mons (except Kubfu) at this point or Ash returns to Normal Class again... LOL... Rillaboom would be welcome though...

What he needs are the likes of Tyranitar, Corviknight, Dragapult, Zoroark, Absol, Kommo-o...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It doesn't bug me how quickly Go caught so many Pokémon, also unlike Ash, he has more than one ghost type.

The point is not about how many Ghost Types each one has (by the way, I believe Ash's second Ghost Type should be Rowlet evolving to Decidueye), but the fact that Ash's needed 20 years in the anime to officially capture a Ghost Type Pokemon. His old "friend" Haunter doesn't count.

Go point is to complete is dex, Satoshi's goal is to have the strongest team possible, Satoshi doesn't get more Pokemon because that wasn't the point of the characters, I liked the bigger roster in BW, but a lot of people didn't.

Yeah, I get it. Goh is for quantity while Ash is for quality. But even as I don't expect Ash to capture every single Pokemon he sees like Goh, I expect him to capture all those who have considerable power to face the strongest trainers. Several of the canidates I have in mind for Ash to capture are Tyranitar, Blaziken, Rillaboom and Corviknight.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lillie and Gladion are closer to find the Mohn that helped make them.
No updates on Kiawe's goal but he did act very ex-bf-y and Kahuna-y towards Goh.
No update on Lana's Manaphy mission.
Mallow already reached her dream, according to Goh.
Ash became Onii-chan.

What was Mallow's mission again?? I genuinely can't remember lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
Yeah, I get it. Goh is for quantity while Ash is for quality. But even as I don't expect Ash to capture every single Pokemon he sees like Goh, I expect him to capture all those who have considerable power to face the strongest trainers. Several of the canidates I have in mind for Ash to capture are Tyranitar, Blaziken, Rillaboom and Corviknight.

I feel that some of those Pokemon aren't like the others in terms of their perceived power. I also don't agree with the idea that Satoshi will capture any Pokemon that tickles his fancy just because they might suit his goal. That was one of the excuses that was used to support the Satoshi with Flygon theories [among others], yet we see how that turned out. In particular I don't like the Armorga scenario, but that's just me.

ShadowForce720

You know if Ash does get a fossil Pokémon I could see him getting the fossil Pokémon in it’s basic stage and then evolving it in a later episode provided it’s not one of the Galar fossilized or Aerodactyl.

Also before someone tries to argue that for instance if Ash got a fossil Pokémon in it’s basic stage it would be too weak to battle right away and would be just a baby.

It’s important to point out that while sometimes the fossil Pokémon revived can be a baby, that’s not always the case as it can still be a experienced battler considering it seems to revived the actual individual.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Basically it was stated in the episode to be able to make people and Pokémon smile with her food.

Hahaha so she accomplishes her goal after literally every meal, got it lol.

Master Pikachu 11

I suppose it's because I've always been a fan of a little monkey but I'm still in that camp as well
The point is that, once Riolu will evolve to Lucario, they will need another "not evolved" Pokemon to be Pikachu's "partner" on Ash's team.
Well I will continue to be very confident in Ash capturing Grookey, if it doesn’t happen then no harm no foul. As long as Corviknight and Dreepy line end up with Ash so that he can use them in battles then I will be happy, but I was confident enough to believe that the Alola gang, his team and Kukui would appear again in this series and they did so, I will continue to be confident that Ash will not only catch Grookey but it will evolve all the way to Rillaboom.
I think his first Steel type will be Scizor when Go evolves his Scyther via anime physics.
i want to see him continue to evolve some of his Pokémon that he currently owns in the lab instead of catching their evolutions so I would welcome Go’s Scyther finding a metal coat and evolving just like Feebas.
In all honesty I wouldn’t be that surprised if Go gets all but one of the Eeveelution and Ash gets the remaining Eeveelution.

I mean keep in mind they had all 3 of Goh’s Wurmple all evolve into Cascoon just for the gag.

So I could see a situation where Go gets 7 Eevee and tries to get an 8th one but the 8th winds up choosing to be caught by Ash.
i agree I only want Ash to get an Eevee if it evolves into one of its evolutions otherwise, Goh can have Eevee and Ash can catch either Espeon or Umbreon as is without evolving one into an Eevee.

Honestly, I think two things can happen: Go decides to do Misty/Brock and to travel with Ash in next region and in Gen 9 girl(Gen 9 protag) can tag along. Or Go can simply leave in 2022 or even 2023 after Gen 8 is done. Honestly, I feel first one will happen more than second one.
It's almost impossible Goh in 9th gen, he has a Gallar Starter as his main partner.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The point is that, once Riolu will evolve to Lucario, they will need another "not evolved" Pokemon to be Pikachu's "partner" on Ash's team.

Chespin :p

On a more serious and likely answer, it could be Kubfu. Granted it'd make a bit repetitive yet ANOTHER fighting type but hey Kalos & the Flyers were a thing so provided Kubfu's the last of its type added to Ash's team, it may be fine

It's almost impossible Goh in 9th gen, he has a Gallar Starter as his main partner.

I used to think about it myself as well but I dunno... I could see Cinderace being forced to babysit the lab, thus creating another paralel between Ash and Goh, so his trainer can have a new partner.

MartínK

IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?

Serena: Delphox, Pangoro and Altaria
Iris: Haxorus, Gabite and Druddigon
Dawn: Tylphlosion and Luponny
Clemont: Chesnaught and Magnezone
Cilan: Simisage

Regarding Ash, the only unevolved mons i want him to catch is Dreepy and Galarian Zigzagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.