• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serena: Delphox, Pangoro and Altaria
Iris: Haxorus, Gabite and Druddigon
Dawn: Tylphlosion and Luponny
Clemont: Chesnaught and Magnezone
Cilan: Simisage
Most of them are evolution, except Irish's Druddigon and Serena's Altaria. Druddigon won't be new pokemon though, it is the one that she befriended near Dragon Village, isn't it?

If Serena return I will also predict Altaria for her, the other is Absol.

Not counting Alola gang, Irish, Cilan, and Serena are the only companion (trainer) who do not have full team.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m kind of hoping that Journeys visits the Orange Islands at some point since the last time they were even brought up was BW.

I can easily see them having an episode where Goh tries to catch the unusually colored anime-only pokémon they featured since it’s one aspect of the Orange Islands a lot of people still remember fondly (especially since they appeared before shiny pokémon or regional forms were even a thing)

Last edited:

MartínK

Most of them are evolution, except Irish's Druddigon and Serena's Altaria. Druddigon won't be new pokemon though, it is the one that she befriended near Dragon Village, isn't it?

If Serena return I will also predict Altaria for her, the other is Absol.

Not counting Alola gang, Irish, Cilan, and Serena are the only companion (trainer) who do not have full team.

Yes, that Druddigon.
About Serena's Absol is also a posibility but with Pangoro been also a Dark type unless Pancham doesn't evolved, although Pangoro and Absol are diferent fighting styles and moves so this could happen.

Ultra Beast Lover

In terms of overall uselessness to usefulness, without counting the current companions because they still have time to be useful, it goes roughly like this:

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
Rating can of course vary from person to person but the point is Tracey did less than Max, even in any movie he was a part of.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In terms of overall uselessness to usefulness, without counting the current companions because they still have time to be useful, it goes roughly like this:

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
Rating can of course vary from person to person but the point is Tracey did less than Max, even in any movie he was a part of.

Wait a minute, Serena and Bonnie more useful then May, in literally what world lol??

Pikachu111213

Traveler
IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?
Gary- Make that Magmar a Magmortar please, also Aerodactyl would be cool with him.
Misty- Azumarill
Tracey- Venomoth and Azumarill
May- Delcatty
Iris- Haxorus and Gabite
Cilan- just give him a grass type that isn’t the monkey lol. Maybe a Whimsicott?
Serena- Absol. Maybe she caught it in Hoenn. Then also Pangoro and MAYBE Delphox
Clement- Quilladin

IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?
As Alolan gang have returned I won't comment on them. Aside of them, there are Tracey, Iris, Cilan, and Serena who are trainers but do not have full team. I will discuss them except Tracey...

Iris already have 5 pokemons. I want the Gibble to evolve into Garchomp and she catch the Druddigon she befriended. I think Kibago have no-evolve curse...

Cilan is a bit tricky because his goal is... what is his goal??? He only have 3 pokemon the last time we saw him. Anyway, I think as a connoisseur, he need a Fairy type, it doesn't exist during BW but and Unova Grass Pokemon that get Fairy typing is Whimssicot, I hope he get it. He is last seen in Kalos, maybe he can get Gogoat who can use Milk Drink so he can get goat milk for cooking. He can also evolve Pansage into Simisage. I will left the last slot open for on-screen capture.

Serena only have 3 pokemon and last seen in Hoenn, I hope he can get Altaria (can add singing to performance) and Absol (his game counterpart have both Altaria and Absol). I hope she can mega evolve the Altaria especially as we don't see one in the anime. I think Pancham also have no-evolve curse. I will left the last slot open for on-screen capture. (Edit: on a second thought, I think Absol do not match her performance style... maybe she can travel to Alola and get Lurantis instead, and if she appear in the series, Mr. Rime from Galar, their pokedex entry mention something about dancing.)

Last edited:
Wait a minute, Serena and Bonnie more useful then May, in literally what world lol??
What is May contribution anyway? At least Serena can bake maccaron for Ash and their pokemons.

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
I understand that Alolan companion rated lower because there are 5 of them so the contribution are divided by more numbers. Except Lillie who have a lot of focus, though I don't understand why you rated her that high? Is it because of her connection to Aether Foundation and Ultra Guardian?

Misty and Brock appear earlier in the journey, they are the one who teach Ash to become a good pokemon trainer so it is no wonder they are rated highest.

But why is Bonnie above Clemont and Serena?

Last edited:
Reactions: RLC

Decidueye23

Misty - Nothing

Brock - Stonejourner

May,Dawn - None.

Cilan - Simisage, whimsicott, Clefki

Iris - gabite, Haxorus, Zweilous

Serena - Delphox, Milotic, Ataria, oricorio

Thats pretty much it. I wanted lana to get vaporeon but that didnt happen.

Ultra Beast Lover

What is May contribution anyway? At least Serena can make Poke Puffs for Ash and their pokemons.

I understand that Alolan companion rated lower because there are 5 of them so the contribution are divided by more numbers. Except Lillie who have a lot of focus, though I don't understand why you rated her that high? Is it because of her connection to Aether Foundation and Ultra Guardian?

Misty and Brock appear earlier in the journey, they are the one who teach Ash to become a good pokemon trainer so it is no wonder they are rated highest.

But why is Bonnie above Clemont and Serena?
The rating was honestly pretty arbitrary, more based on how much I liked each companion then actual usefulness.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
Since we're talking about this my rankings are:
Tracey
Bonnie
Mallow
Max
Serena
Sophocles
Misty
Lana
Clemont
Cilan
Iris