• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu111213 said:
Gary- Make that Magmar a Magmortar please, also Aerodactyl would be cool with him.
Misty- Azumarill
Tracey- Venomoth and Azumarill
May- Delcatty
Iris- Haxorus and Gabite
Cilan- just give him a grass type that isn’t the monkey lol. Maybe a Whimsicott?
Serena- Absol. Maybe she caught it in Hoenn. Then also Pangoro and MAYBE Delphox
Clement- Quilladin

I don't have any particular requests for captures, although I don't want Shigeru to have a Booburn since Shinji had one in DP, and I'd rather they didn't share more species of Pokemon. Kenji's Maril evolving after all these years would be neat, though.

Applecorp

In terms of overall uselessness to usefulness, without counting the current companions because they still have time to be useful, it goes roughly like this:

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
Rating can of course vary from person to person but the point is Tracey did less than Max, even in any movie he was a part of.

I'd put Max above Tracey and Lana way behind most of those characters but yeah this is mostly accurate. But the fact that we're ranking characters by how useless they are is really cold.

World Turtle

I would like to see Ash get a few more Galar Pokemon if not enough for a team: Corviknight, Dragapult, etc.

I don't really want Ash to get anything from Unova. The Unova captures he already has need redemption. Bring back a few and evolve them and/or give them a few good battles and then we can talk about Ash getting another Unova Pokemon. That said if I had to pick: Scoliopede or Chandelure.

Kanto and Sinnoh are done for me. They gave him Mr. Mime (sort of), Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario.

Johto: Larvitar now a Tyranitar being made an official capture would be nice. As I am a dog person I'm also partial to Houndour.

Hoenn: With Flygon going to Goh... Absol? Mawlie? Armaldo? Who knows.
Kalos: Tyrantrum or Aegislash
Alola: Golisopod

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Misty: Kingdra

I'd be okay with her having a Kingdra if she caught it off-screen, but I wouldn't want it to be her old Tattu since I think it's one of the most adorable Pokemon that she owns, so I'd hate to see it evolve into that arguably ugly Pokemon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I would like to see Ash get a few more Galar Pokemon if not enough for a team: Corviknight, Dragapult, etc.

I don't really want Ash to get anything from Unova. The Unova captures he already has need redemption. Bring back a few and evolve them and/or give them a few good battles and then we can talk about Ash getting another Unova Pokemon. That said if I had to pick: Scoliopede or Chandelure.

Kanto and Sinnoh are done for me. They gave him Mr. Mime (sort of), Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario.

Johto: Larvitar now a Tyranitar being made an official capture would be nice. As I am a dog person I'm also partial to Houndour.

Hoenn: With Flygon going to Goh... Absol? Mawlie? Armaldo? Who knows.
Kalos: Tyrantrum or Aegislash
Alola: Golisopod
I mean, his Unova squad had very questionable captures and one of them is beyond redeemable, all from the supposed reason of wanting the BW series be like the OS again which ofc failed miserably due to marketing basically getting the better of them. Unless they bring back half of his Unova squad with offscreen evolutions, specifically Oshawott, Snivy, and Boldore then its prob better that they fade away into background filler. I’d like it if the writers have either Chandelure, Hydreigon, or Volcarona as potential old gen captures for Unova on their list for Ash, would automatically redeem Unova from my POV.

SerenaRulez

In terms of overall uselessness to usefulness, without counting the current companions because they still have time to be useful, it goes roughly like this:

1. Tracey
  2. Max
  3. Mallow
  4. Lana
  5. Sophocles
  6. Kiawe
  7. Cilan
  8. Iris
  9. May
  10. Serena
  11. Clemont
  12. Bonnie
  13. Lillie
  14. Dawn
  15. Misty
  16. Brock
Rating can of course vary from person to person but the point is Tracey did less than Max, even in any movie he was a part of.

It's funny that Brock would be considered the most useful because he can do household chores and kept every one fed even if he was one of the most underwhelming and underdeveloped characters in all of Sinnoh even if he was part of the main cast. :(

Illusio

No words, only rage
The problem with the Unova squad getting redemption is that I doubt the writers will even bother with them. The series has been a nostalgia/popularity fest so far, so why bring back Palpitoad or Boldore when you can bring back Charizard or Greninja? At best we'd get Krookodile and the starters back, and even then I don't count on it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
It's funny that Brock would be considered the most useful because he can do household chores and kept every one fed even if he was one of the most underwhelming and underdeveloped characters in all of Sinnoh even if he was part of the main cast. :(

I wasn't a big fan of Takeshi, but I can see that he more than pulled his own weight while he was in the cast. Satoshi and the other cast members from OS to DP were pretty much reliant on him for nourishment while on the road.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The problem with the Unova squad getting redemption is that I doubt the writers will even bother with them. The series has been a nostalgia/popularity fest so far, so why bring back Palpitoad or Boldore when you can bring back Charizard or Greninja? At best we'd get Krookodile and the starters back, and even then I don't count on it.
This is unfortunately true. Out of all the Saga squads, Unova is basically the most forgettable along with Johto and prob the most unlikely to even be bother to be brought back. They likely very well still do remember they exist but even with that, it’d be a miracle if they’d even bothered bringing them back, even for some battles considering they were really bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Illusio said:

I agree that there isn't much demand for Gantle and Gamagaru. In order for them to get screen-time in the future they'd have to be desirable, but they can't be desirable if they don't show up often enough. So it's basically a catch-22.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What is May contribution anyway? At least Serena can make Poke Puffs for Ash and their pokemons.

I understand that Alolan companion rated lower because there are 5 of them so the contribution are divided by more numbers. Except Lillie who have a lot of focus, though I don't understand why you rated her that high? Is it because of her connection to Aether Foundation and Ultra Guardian?

Misty and Brock appear earlier in the journey, they are the one who teach Ash to become a good pokemon trainer so it is no wonder they are rated highest.

But why is Bonnie above Clemont and Serena?

Usefulness to me is more about how big your role is compared to the others and May had much more to do then other companions lol.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I used to think about it myself as well but I dunno... I could see Cinderace being forced to babysit the lab, thus creating another paralel between Ash and Goh, so his trainer can have a new partner.
Anyone else low-key thinking that they might pull a Charizard on Cinderace?

Like assuming Gou does stay in Gen 9, maybe Cinderace goes off for a while until Gou really needs it again?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
IF past companions/rivals are to return in the series in the future, what Pokémon do you want to see in their updated teams?
I gave most of them an evolution of one of their old Pokémon and a new Pokémon. Most of them are references to Pokémon they befriended in their respective series or references to their in game counterparts

Brock: Swampert, Archeops
Misty: Kingdra, Lanturn/Quagsire
Tracey: Azumarill, Smeargle
May: Delcatty, Altaria
Max (if he somehow becomes a Trainer): Gallade, Grumpig
Dawn: Lopunny, Bellossom
Iris: Haxorus, Hydreigon
Cilan: Simisage, Indeedee or Meowstic
Serena: Delphox, Pangoro, Absol
Clemont: Chesnaught, Rotom
Bonnie (see Max): Dedenne, Tyrantrum or Florges
I think Kiawe and Sophocles are fine
Lana:Vaporeon, Araquanid
Mallow: Lurantis, Tropius
Lillie: Alola Sandshrew, Magearna actually doing something

ShadowForce720

This is unfortunately true. Out of all the Saga squads, Unova is basically the most forgettable along with Johto and prob the most unlikely to even be bother to be brought back. They likely very well still do remember they exist but even with that, it’d be a miracle if they’d even bothered bringing them back, even for some battles considering they were really bad.

Considering that they have no problem bringing Chuck back even though there are way more popular and more well known characters, I don’t think you can really count some of Ash’s reserves out just because they aren’t as popular as some of Ash’s other Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.