• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I agree that there isn't much demand for Gantle and Gamagaru. In order for them to get screen-time in the future they'd have to be desirable, but they can't be desirable if they don't show up often enough. So it's basically a catch-22.

Honestly two of my favorite Unova Pokémon.

Palpitoad had a good and diverse moveset that set it apart to most of Ash's previous Water-types (having 2 STABS and a poignant coverage move against its biggest weakness - and a good support move in Supersonic). I often wish Oshawott wasn't caught so Palpitoad could've gotten some love.

I personally thought that Boldore had an amazing battling style (and moveset) - essentially being a Rock-type that actually fought as a Rock-type (as opposed to Lycanroc which is a generic cookiecutter speedy physical attacker that Ash always uses).

In fact, I kinda feel that way about quite a few of the Unova team:
- Leavanny: Used more as a Bug-type then Heracross ever was.
- Scraggy: Love its defensive moves and kicking-style along with Focus Blast-spam. I mean this thing blocked an Aqua Tail blast with HJK and a Giga Impact with Focus Blast. Let it come back, evolve it into Scrafty and it will be amazing.
- Pignite: Yes, three Fire-type moves, but they're all so different that it unironically makes it incredibly well rounded when they finally added Brick Break.
- Krookodile: No complaints. :)

Concluding: Ash could've done without Oshawott and Snivy in Unova.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
I can see Lillie with Alolan Ninetails, Magearna, and Cleffa/Clegairy/Clefable

A member of the Pippi line on her team would make sense, and I still think that the writers missed an opportunity to give her one in SM. I wish they'd done that instead of the Magearna subplot.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Honestly two of my favorite Unova Pokémon.

Palpitoad had a good and diverse moveset that set it apart to most of Ash's previous Water-types (having 2 STABS and a poignant coverage move against its biggest weakness - and a good support move in Supersonic). I often wish Oshawott wasn't caught so Palpitoad could've gotten some love.

I personally thought that Boldore had an amazing battling style (and moveset) - essentially being a Rock-type that actually fought as a Rock-type (as opposed to Lycanroc which is a generic cookiecutter speedy physical attacker that Ash always uses).

In fact, I kinda feel that way about quite a few of the Unova team:
- Leavanny: Used more as a Bug-type then Heracross ever was.
- Scraggy: Love its defensive moves and kicking-style along with Focus Blast-spam. I mean this thing blocked an Aqua Tail blast with HJK and a Giga Impact with Focus Blast. Let it come back, evolve it into Scrafty and it will be amazing.
- Pignite: Yes, three Fire-type moves, but they're all so different that it unironically makes it incredibly well rounded when they finally added Brick Break.
- Krookodile: No complaints. :)

Concluding: Ash could've done without Oshawott and Snivy in Unova.
I would’ve been fine with Oshawott and Snivy if they just evolved at least instead of being the shafted useless mons they were, Snivy had the most potential but stayed a Snivy with like no changes. It was just there. No new moves, not even an evolution. Oshawott never won a battle after BW062 and was just the usual useless water starter gag mon. There was a report that it was originally supposed to be at least a Dewott but was one of the things scrapped thanks to the earthquake and nuclear disaster, tho that’s just mainly an unconfirmed rumor/report.

Decidueye23

I would’ve been fine with Oshawott and Snivy if they just evolved at least instead of being the shafted useless mons they were, Snivy had the most potential but stayed a Snivy with like no changes. It was just there. No new moves, not even an evolution. Oshawott never won a battle after BW062 and was just the usual useless water starter gag mon. There was a report that it was originally supposed to be at least a Dewott but was one of the things scrapped thanks to the earthquake and nuclear disaster, tho that’s just mainly an unconfirmed rumor/report.

I agree. I loved ashs snivy but they should have evolved it. Entire series no move change either. It was sad. Although i do wonder why did they not evolve pignite all the way?

PsychoLogical

I agree. I loved ashs snivy but they should have evolved it. Entire series no move change either. It was sad. Although i do wonder why did they not evolve pignite all the way?
I kinda have two theories regarding Pignite about not becoming Emboar. One was because of Bianca and the other was due to how they thought they could make another “Charizard” but due to how very unpopular Emboar is due to its design, they abandoned the idea of wanting it go all the way as a result.

Usefulness to me is more about how big your role is compared to the others and May had much more to do then other companions lol.
If that is the definition of usefullness, Serena and Lillie will be the top 2... Lillie was the main focus in early half of SM. Meanwhile, Serena even have whole ending theme dedicated to her, she is the only one not named Ash Ketchum to have that feat... the writer even invented non-game competition just for her...

Personally I define it as their contribution toward main protagonist's growth, so for me, Brock is obviously number 1, followed by Misty and Dawn.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If that is the definition of usefullness, Serena and Lillie will be the top 2... Lillie was the main focus in early half of SM. Meanwhile, Serena even have whole ending theme dedicated to her, she is the only one not named Ash Ketchum to have that feat... the writer even invented non-game competition just for her...

Personally I define it as their contribution toward main protagonist's growth, so for me, Brock is obviously number 1, followed by Misty and Dawn.

You can't be serious lol. Serena did literally nothing for close to 50 episodes of XY and as much as I love Lillie, she did very little until the tail end of SM. They are both near Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Tracey in terms of usefulness.

Popular=/=useful important role to me.

MegaSalamence05

If they do utilize the Isle of Armor story. Obviously the pandemic put things into a difficult position with the approach to the anime. As the isle of armor has been out for a considerable amount of time it does make sense for Goh to get a Dynamax band from Mustard while Ash learns that this is where Leon trained. Continuing the aspiration of achievement of wanting to battle Leon.

With Ash and Goh as the story does make sense for both. But because of the two and the conflicting goals it might make things difficult.

PsychoLogical

If they do utilize the Isle of Armor story. Obviously the pandemic put things into a difficult position with the approach to the anime. As the isle of armor has been out for a considerable amount of time it does make sense for Goh to get a Dynamax band from Mustard while Ash learns that this is where Leon trained. Continuing the aspiration of achievement of wanting to battle Leon.

With Ash and Goh as the story does make sense for both. But because of the two and the conflicting goals it might make things difficult.
I think the pandemic barely affected much of the production tbh. The real issue is how they’ll execute the IOA in the anime which like you said basically has two things that could likely get carried out which is Go getting his own Dynamax band and also starting to do some dynamaxing himself and Ash doing training under Leon’s mentor aka Mustard out of wanting to do whatever it takes to beat Leon. This basically also applies to the CT as well where they got to think of something to include the duo doing their own thing despite the conflicting goals of the duo.

You can't be serious lol. Serena did literally nothing for close to 50 episodes of XY and as much as I love Lillie, she did very little until the tail end of SM.
No I wasn't kidding, and you actually understand my point. I mean previous companion already have goal in mind early on (even May is early). But Serena and Lillie??? They don't and that is why the series give a lot of focus on their growth.

In previous series, it was about Ash's growth but he is already well developed in XY and SM so they shift toward other characters. If Journey is focusing on Goh's growth (Goh have goal early but he is sole companion), XY focus on Serena's growth, and SM focus on Lillie's growth.

Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan is already good early on. (They are like Dragonite/Gengar of this series while Serena/Lillie is Riolu/G.Farfetch'd)

That is why I don't use that as my definition of usefullness... the most useful person is Brock, he can cook, heal pokemon, sparring partner, referreing, and give advice (basically a walking dictionary). Brock is Mallow, Kiawe, and Sophocles merged together and upgraded.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
You can't be serious lol. Serena did literally nothing for close to 50 episodes of XY and as much as I love Lillie, she did very little until the tail end of SM. They are both near Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Tracey in terms of usefulness.

Popular=/=useful important role to me.
Too bad there isn't a dislike button on this forum..
How can u even compare Serena to Lana, Mallow and the fat electric kid ? They are not on the same league.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
If I had to guess I’d say the next couple of episodes will be the Kanto birds, Riolu Evo (if it doesn’t happen in the Bea rematch episode like I think it will), Ash mystery capture, Raboot evolution episode, and that Hoenn related one with the Ludicolo and marshtomp.

now that I think about it, the Ludicolo and marshtomp episode could be raboots evolution episode. We know it loves to dance and that was with a group of Ludicolo, so who knows.

PsychoLogical

I just hope Unova is in the next batch of episodes. We are due for another one.
And I’d like it if the next Unova ep is something worth while and not a disappointment like mainly the Johto and Sinnoh eps.

Status
Not open for further replies.