• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

Out of all the uncaptured psuedos that Ash doesn’t have, I’m only really truly in favor of Tyranitar, Hydreigon, and Dragapult out of certain reasons (and I’m actually still confident they could bring back Gible and evolve him all the way offscreen or not) For Tyranitar, its cause of how he once cared for a Larvitar in the OS which the writers still surprisingly still remember with that SM flashback and would be a good way to show off the Tyranitar-Duraludon rivalry for Galar since they surprisingly have been taking bios much more literally and seriously compared to previous series, Hydreigon is due to how Ash originally wanted to catch a Deino but it originally belonged to someone and wanting more screentime for it since it doesn’t really seem to get enough love in the anime despite there being actual evidence that it was a popular Unova mon in Japan and they tend to take popularity into consideration (to this day I’m still very confused on why they didn’t have the Deino line on the main cast at least with Iris but instead gave her a Dragonite), and Dragapult is for Gen 8 representation since Ash still hasn’t gotten the usual 5 new region mons which isn’t something they’re likely going to break, and Dreepy’s bio of getting stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train does sound like a good match with Ash and like I said, the anime has surprisingly been taking bios much more seriously and literally compared to the previous sagas.
While the Hydra would really be cool I'm almost confident and saying they're going to do Tyranitar just because of it being so popular with most people.
It and Nori are the two I'm probably the most confident about

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
While the Hydra would really be cool I'm almost confident and saying they're going to do Tyranitar just because of it being so popular with most people.
It and Nori are the two I'm probably the most confident about

For me, the best Pseudo Legendaries for Ash are these:

+ Dragonite: Because of all the old promo about Ash and Dragonair.
+ Tyranitar: Because of his friend Larvitar.
+ Metagross: There has been a few chances in the past for Ash to get this Pokemon, which belong to two Types Ash lacks mostly, Psychic and Steel.
+ Garchomp: He has to make his Gible evolve.
+ Goodra: Hopefully, it will return at some point.

Ibrahim Saidu

Personally, I would like to Ash to catch these Pseudo Legendary Pokemon:
Tyranitar - Due to the Larvitar that bonded with Ash in the OS and to see the Tyranitar- Duraladon rivalry in the anime
Kommo-o - For it to get more screen time since SM didn't to a good job with that. Also I think that Ash would had this Pokemon if he hadn't caught Naganadel
Dragapult - Due to its bio which makes sense for Ash to catch it and to promote Gen 8

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If Farfetch'd keeps getting forgetten, you can say he'll truly be this series' regional bird even if he isn't flying type lol

dman_dustin

I... don't like the fact that he has two fighting types.... it's.... disturbing to me....

I have more of a problem that after Riolu they genuinely thought Galarian Farfetch'd, the same type as Riolu was a good idea.

It makes Bea coming right after Korrina even more annoying since it seems unusually forced.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The problem isn't 2 fighting types.

The problem is the writers obviously favoring Riolu and Pikachu over Ash's other Pokemon to the point they basically get ignored. Particularly Farfetch'd, who also fought Bea, but apparently doesn't get a chance for a rematch because it's all about Riolu now. It's very obnoxious.

nickdt

The problem isn't 2 fighting types.

The problem is the writers obviously favoring Riolu and Pikachu over Ash's other Pokemon to the point they basically get ignored. Particularly Farfetch'd, who also fought Bea, but apparently doesn't get a chance for a rematch because it's all about Riolu now. It's very obnoxious.

Which was my fear the moment it was confirmed Ash would get Riolu.

IcySealeo

Seeing how useless Dragonite and Gengar are I don't get why they bothered to give him those two from the beginning or why let him catch them at their final stage. The least they could do is giving Ash a Dratini/Dragonair so it will get more depth and screentime. Still weird to me and I still didn't get used to Ash having a Dragonite and a Gengar, especially very early into the series.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I was certain something like that would happen right after I watched Riolu's capture episode.

Sometimes the show can be THAT predictable.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Seeing how useless Dragonite and Gengar are I don't get why they bothered to give him those two from the beginning or why let him catch them at their final stage. The least they could do is giving Ash a Dratini/Dragonair so it will get more depth and screentime. Still weird to me and I still didn't get used to Ash having a Dragonite and a Gengar, especially very early into the series.
But there’s a chance of us getting another Gibble situation if Ash had caught a Dratini. Gibble was a strong pre-evolved pseudo-Legendary that got plenty of screen time and had character to it yet it remained unevolved and then left at Oak’s lab never to see the world outside of the fence again.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

the fact that Ash got pokemon like that, is what reinvigorated me into the anime after a long time of boredom from stagnation caused by repeating the same plot.

imagine if Greninja was to come back considering it's more popular than the Lucario line, granted I feel it should return since I still feel the reason it left was kind of stupid (granted at the same time, Greninja struck me a something you couldn't simply leave at professor oak's lab either given what happened), but at the same time the whole transformation thing still irks me since it short changed the fact we finally got Ash with a fully evolved water starter...but that part became an afterthought.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If Go catches Zapdos in that raid battle ep, I’m only willing to fully accept it if the writers also plan on having Ash own Galarian Zapdos as another contrast capture later down the line like with the two Farfetch’d :>

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I normally don't defend Serena since I thought her character was handled badly for the most part, but in this case I'll say that she at least received more development than Suiren. Suiren was more entertaining from my viewpoint, but Serena actually had a long term goal that she worked hard to achieve, not just a passive hobby like Suiren.

TBF suiren was pretty well developed girl herself, i would say only dawn, may and maybe lillie can be said to be better developed girl than her. I think people forget how acclaimed XY 60 episode was.

Status
Not open for further replies.