• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
If Farfetch'd keeps getting forgetten, you can say he'll truly be this series' regional bird even if he isn't flying type lol

In hindsight it almost seemed inevitable that Galarian Kamonegi would receive the least amount of screen-time out of Satoshi's current Pokemon since it's a bird and it's typical for the writers to give Satoshi's bird Pokemon little screen-time. There've been exceptions, but for the most part I get the feeling that some of the writers aren't fond of bird Pokemon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, let’s hope this change by the moment sirfetch’d joins to the fridge. It sure have potential. They probably waiting for lucario and cinderace before give the duck some love.

Cinderace and K-Raichu are there, does this mean Raboot will evolve in this week's episode and his female Raichu will return soon?

https://mobile.twitter.com/pikachu_pcn/status/1306801111701962754/photo/2
Some of these are very popular critters. Since other Galar pokemon doesn’t have too much spotlight except when the said region or its characters are involved, I don’t expect much about dreepy or corviknight. Cinderace have chances if only because is basically confirmed it’s happening soon.

Applecorp

I... don't like the fact that he has two fighting types.... it's.... disturbing to me....

Why does it matter? It's not like Farfetch'd is doing anything worth a damn anyways. Ash could get Kubfu or another Fighting type but if they don't do anything then it's pointless to fret over it.

Applecorp

Too bad there isn't a dislike button on this forum..
How can u even compare Serena to Lana, Mallow and the fat electric kid ? They are not on the same league.

No offense to Mallow but I can't be 100% sure that I like her more than Sophocles and Lana if we're talking about development? I thought they were all underwhelming and it's a lil sad that Kiawe and Lillie over shadowed everyone else in Sun and Moon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Why does it matter? It's not like Farfetch'd is doing anything worth a damn anyways. Ash could get Kubfu or another Fighting type but if they don't do anything then it's pointless to fret over it.

It also doesn't matter because as others have pointed out when Riolu evolves, it becomes part Steel, and they can play off both of it's types.

Also, it is ironic that despite being a fighting type, G-Farfetch'd currently only knows Dark based attacks.

I do wonder how it's evolution to sirfetch'd will be handled though since I don't remember when the last time the subject of critical hits was mentioned in the show.

nickdt

If Go catches Zapdos in that raid battle ep, I’m only willing to fully accept it if the writers also plan on having Ash own Galarian Zapdos as another contrast capture later down the line like with the two Farfetch’d :>

The thing is though: In the Alola episode, they indirectly confirmed Goh getting the regional forms as well, since they let him mention he wants to catch all the regional forms.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
No offense to Mallow but I can't be 100% sure that I like her more than Sophocles and Lana if we're talking about development? I thought they were all underwhelming and it's a lil sad that Kiawe and Lillie over shadowed everyone else in Sun and Moon.

I didn't like that Kaki had the most battle prowess out of the Alola classmates, though. Most people enjoyed Kaki because it's rare for male companions to be above average and consistent battlers, but I found that his skill made Maamane, Suiren, Lilie, and Mao look bad by comparison.

Master Pikachu 11

The problem isn't 2 fighting types.

The problem is the writers obviously favoring Riolu and Pikachu over Ash's other Pokemon to the point they basically get ignored. Particularly Farfetch'd, who also fought Bea, but apparently doesn't get a chance for a rematch because it's all about Riolu now. It's very obnoxious.
I still say that the battle will not be only a 1 v 1 and only Riolu participates.

ShadowForce720

The thing is though: In the Alola episode, they indirectly confirmed Goh getting the regional forms as well, since they let him mention he wants to catch all the regional forms.

yes, but that doesn’t necessarily or translate to that Goh will get all of the regional forms. I mean let’s not forget that Ash was the one to get Galarian Farfetch’d over Goh.

Do I expect Goh to wind up having more regional forms then Ash? Yes, but I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or two of the Alolan forms went to Ash and/or if Ash got at least one more Galarian Form.

Master Pikachu 11

Goh wants to get all Pokémon so it doesn’t matter what he says because he wants to catch them all regardless. Also just because he wants to catch the regional variants, that still didn’t stop Galarian Farfetch’d from ending up on Ash’s team and he wanted to capture that Pokémon too. In the end it just doesn’t matter because he isn’t going to catch all the Pokémon.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Goh wants to get all Pokémon so it doesn’t matter what he says because he wants to catch them all regardless. Also just because he wants to catch the regional variants, that still didn’t stop Galarian Farfetch’d from ending up on Ash’s team and he wanted to capture that Pokémon too. In the end it just doesn’t matter because he isn’t going to catch all the Pokémon.

still makes me wonder how he'll react when he finds out G-Farfetch'd can evolve, but the kanto one can't.

I'm also in that mindset, he might get a lot of the pokemon but all of them, I dunno about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.