• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I always thought Dawn was low-key indoctrinated by her mom. I mean Johanna did Contests and prolly taught Dawn all about them ever since she was a little kid and that sorta manipulation affected Dawn's outlook on what she had to do once she became a trainer. And then she stressed out over her losing streak later on because of that...
Its why she has one of the best character development arcs imo.

desdar300

No. The English Twitter just spouts memes constantly and is probably run by bored interns. Unless it's covering actual news, it shouldn't be taken seriously.
The evolution of the Pokemon Twitter is not something the Jedi would tell you.
I remember when the account was just a typical PR machine until Miss Chaka took over it and it became absolutely wonderful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I always thought Dawn was low-key indoctrinated by her mom. I mean Johanna did Contests and prolly taught Dawn all about them ever since she was a little kid and that sorta manipulation affected Dawn's outlook on what she had to do once she became a trainer. And then she stressed out over her losing streak later on because of that...

I didn't see it as indoctrination per se. I never got the impression that Ayako forced Hikari to share her dream, but rather that simply living in the same household as a former Grand Festival winner influenced Hikari.

Zariful

So I mentioned this a while back, but I don’t think it posted. We don’t know for sure that Go catches the Zapdos. But I wonder if Ash and Go are gonna do a raid battle where Ash wants/catches the Pokémon. I think he expressed interest in the Golurk and they were like no hard feelings about whoever catches it. And Ash was in depression mode against the Flygon. Honestly I think the only time where Ash expressed interest in catching something was when Go suggested they have a competition to see who could get Gengar first and then when he invited Farfetch’d after seeing its battling spirit.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I didn't like that Kaki had the most battle prowess out of the Alola classmates, though. Most people enjoyed Kaki because it's rare for male companions to be above average and consistent battlers, but I found that his skill made Maamane, Suiren, Lilie, and Mao look bad by comparison.

Personally I thought it was refreshing; I mean Clemont was a good battler and while he definitely overshadowed Serena in terms of battling, it was ok to me because they both focused on different things. Same with SM, although I understand how it could’ve been frustrating to see Kiawe dominate in battles when the narrative kept mentioning Lana but never really showed it. Lillie, Mallow, and Sophocles’ personal developments never had to intersect with battling, so it was mostly fine with me.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The way I see, Johanna did nothing to influence or force Dawn to take on contests. Rather Dawn looked up his mom so much she wanted to be a coordinator like her.

As in, she associates contests with her mom whom she really loves and because of that she had a favorable view on contests that grew into love and her career of choice.

It's kind of relatable and normal for kids to look up her parents and want to be like them. Nothing wrong with that and I like that Dawn decided she'd be her own coordinator, not just a copy of his mom.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The way I see, Johanna did nothing to influence or force Dawn to take on contests. Rather Dawn looked up his mom so much she wanted to be a coordinator like her.

As in, she associates contests with her mom whom she really loves and because of that she had a favorable view on contests that grew into love and her career of choice.

It's kind of relatable and normal for kids to look up her parents and want to be like them. Nothing wrong with that and I like that Dawn decided she'd be her own coordinator, not just a copy of his mom.
This person....this person gets it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh look, an Eevee is happening exactly like I said it would!
Honestly Lana's should have just evolved offscreen, show that these people exist outside of Ash. They did so well with letting Korrina have an offscreen change but it's quickly fallen back to the status quo...

It'd be swell if Ash got it and they eventually pull a Dusk Lycanroc by giving Ash a new evolution exclusive to DP remakes/Gen 9(Or it could always get patched in I suppose). They already had an Eevee that didn't evolve so I hope this one evolves, even if it's the obvious Espeon/Umbreon route.
If Goh got it, yes. Make it an "I don't want to evolve" troll cause that would be funny to see him deal with actual hurdles

No Grookey for Ash please, let's have Ash capture another non-starter Grass type. Leavanny's his only one, give him Flapple or Appletun

I think he expressed interest in the Golurk and they were like no hard feelings about whoever catches it.
Goh is the one who said the part about catching. It seems Ash said no hard feelings to told Goh that he is okay with Goh catching it, might imply he don't care about catching Golurk... Ash do not even try to get a pokeball.

I think the only time where Ash expressed interest in catching something was when Go suggested they have a competition to see who could get Gengar first
Goh said he will catch Gengar first. In response, Ash said he will find (not catch) Gengar first.

when he invited Farfetch’d after seeing its battling spirit.
Strangely enough, he do not throw a pokeball when G.Farfetch'd fainted, he brought it to Pokemon Center instead.

Seems like Ash lost his will to catch pokemon in this series.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.