• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!

DuskAstral

but yamper was with ash's Pokemon in the opening when it should be with Chloe
I think Yamper will be on Satoshi's team only temporarily, after all, it happened more than once that someone from the main team borrowed one Pokémon from another (e.g. due to training, demonstration, etc.). You also have to take into account the fact that in the last segment of the opening, where Satoshi and Gou's teams are shown, Yamper is no longer included.

Master Pikachu 11

When did the say that?
First magazine said look forward to Go and Ash's capture showing only Morpeko and Sobble hence the argument debacle disappointment of Ash getting Sobble which turned out to be false because no way Ash was getting Morpeko....right?

Then they did it again but included Farfetch'd with the other 2. Again Sobble with Ash was a surefire.

In reality I woke up in alternate universe where Ash caught Faretch'd, Go gets Sobble and Morpeko was nothing.

Obviously the argument is that the magazines were speculating but holy hell were they wrong about Morpeko.
To be fair, they never said Goh and Ash will get Morpeko and Sobble respectively.

Even in the picture, they were not in the same frame like Chloe and Eevee, were they?

That is the reason I refuse to jump to conclusion about Goh catching Aerodactyl. As long as they don't appear in the same frame, I won't jump into conclusion until it get captured. It can ended up captured like Aerodactyl, but it can also ended up differently like Morpeko and Sobble.

EX-WPKuU4AApZdF

The part for Farfetch’d translates to (according to a known translator in the anipoke community) it challenging Ash and Go after the Galar battle tournament aka the Leon vs Raihan match.
This is the image that dman was talking about and this is the image that said that Ash and Goh were going to make new friends on their next trip to the Galar region , so we knew that they were getting caught with the exception of Morpeko. But they told us that Ash and Goh were going to make friends and that meant that at least two of them would be caught. This is why Marshtomp should not be ruled out because unlike Slowking, Marshtomp actually appears in a poster.

This is the image that dman was talking about and this is the image that said that Ash and Goh were going to make new friends on their next trip to the Galar region , so we knew that they were getting caught with the exception of Morpeko. But they told us that Ash and Goh were going to make friends and that meant that at least two of them would be caught. This is why Marshtomp should not be ruled out because unlike Slowking, Marshtomp actually appears in a poster.
Isn't that the second picture? Is there a first picture without G.Farfetch'd? Ash and Goh is not in the frame along with those pokemons, that means not a guarantee for capture, we know that out of those 3 pictured, only G Farfetch'd and Sobble is caught by Ash and Goh.

When not in the same frame, it means no guarantee for capture. Marshtomp might or might not be captured. But Eevee would be worse than Sobble bait if not captured by Chloe. We didn't see Ash and Sobble in the same frame but Chloe is clearly together with Eevee.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I only hope for Grookey and/or 1 other Galar pokemon.

Yes, Grookey and Arctovish please. First fossil for Ash and the overdue 3rd Ice-type since Glalie. And it's a fish! Ash doesn't get fishes! He neeeds a fish!

Letting Ash get Marshtomp would be a slap in the face of Palpitoad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
This is why Marshtomp should not be ruled out because unlike Slowking, Marshtomp actually appears in a poster.

While true, we've seen plenty of merchandise posters that showed Pokemon that weren't caught and simply appeared in the anime. I think Numacraw has a high chance of being caught by Gou, but that goes without saying considering what his goal is.

Master Pikachu 11

Isn't that the second picture? Is there a first picture without G.Farfetch'd? Ash and Goh is not in the frame along with those pokemons, that means not a guarantee for capture, we know that out of those 3 pictured, only G Farfetch'd and Sobble is caught by Ash and Goh.

When not in the same frame, it means no guarantee for capture. Marshtomp might or might not be captured. But Eevee would be worse than Sobble bait if not captured by Chloe. We didn't see Ash and Sobble in the same frame but Chloe is clearly together with Eevee.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWfn7J1WoAM8odK?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like Go may get sobble. Someone hopefully translates soon
The texts besides Sobble screenshot, it says Ash and Go both are getting new friends from the Galar Region (just like Sword master zacian said).
My Japanese is not that good and I can't read it well. Satoshi (サトシ) is mentioned in the texts.
I believe thIs is the first post that @dman_dustin was referring too, if you can confirm, but based on those translations it said that Ash and Goh were getting new friends from Galar.

Eh0wHKCXgAETeX3
Zapdos ep incoming

THE SHOW IS MOVING TO FRIDAYS AT 6:55 STARTING OCTOBER 9TH!!

Please enjoy Satoshi and Go's adventures every Friday starting this October! In the episodes airing after this timeslot switch, legendary Pokémon will appear?! Make sure to keep watching!!

Top picture: See the legendary Pokémon Thunder for yourself in the preview of upcoming episodes!
Second picture: Everything started when Satoshi and Go met Lugia!
Third picture: Pay attention to the Pokémon Satoshi and Go get as well!
Bottom picture: Satoshi's old enemies, the Rocket Gang, keep getting in trouble?!
And this post says that we need to pay attention to the Pokémon that both Ash and Goh get, so he may not get Marshtomp but there is a chance that he could and there is also a chance that I could be wrong as well, which wouldn’t be the first time.

Ibrahim Saidu

Yes, Grookey and Arctovish please. First fossil for Ash and the overdue 3rd Ice-type since Glalie. And it's a fish! Ash doesn't get fishes! He neeeds a fish!

Letting Ash get Marshtomp would be a slap in the face of Palpitoad.
Look, the writers will never, never give Ash a fish like Pokemon especially if it's an ugly looking Fossil Pokemon like the ones in Galar. Let Goh have the Galar Fossils and Ash can have Tyrantrum as his Fossil Pokemon

ShadowForce720

Mr Mime was there too, but in the final image that shows Ash's team neither it or Yamper are there. So I assume they only put Yamper with Ash's pokémon because it's one of the main pokémon, same with Mr Mime.
Actually Mr.Mime is one of Ash’s Pokémon it’s just that it’s being treated as a reserve right now, although Ash does own it.

wellwellwells

I want Ash to get Marshtomp only so that the line can get some spotlight. Sceptile and Blaziken’ alone got it good with Ash and May in AG, and also were represented well with Blaziken Mask, Harrison and Sawyer.
Poot Mudkip/Marshtomp only got Brock :rolleyes:

Also I wonder if Koharu’s Eevee is probably a G-Max one. I mean, if you get the Eevee in the station for having the LGPE itis a G-Max one.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
You’re forgetting that the writers hate ash he ain’t getting anything anymore. I just embraced all pokemon go to goh now
If they hated him , he would've been out after the first season. Ash's popular with the kids and that generates profit which is what the writers aim for.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Also I wonder if Koharu’s Eevee is probably a G-Max one. I mean, if you get the Eevee in the station for having the LGPE itis a G-Max one.
It definitely is. They never usually have Eevee in the main cast unless it's being used to showcase a new gimmick

May's Eevee: First Eevee in the main cast, Showcased Glaceon

Serena's Eevee: Showcased Sylveon

Lana's Eevee: Let's Go Promotion, Showcased Haircuts

Chloe's Eevee: Will (most likely) Showcase G-Max Eevee

Leonhart

Imagineer
wellwellwells said:
I want Ash to get Marshtomp only so that the line can get some spotlight. Sceptile and Blaziken’ alone got it good with Ash and May in AG, and also were represented well with Blaziken Mask, Harrison and Sawyer.
Poot Mudkip/Marshtomp only got Brock :rolleyes:

That's interesting, although for all we know it could just as easily become the new Gangar in the sense that its screen-time could be severely limited. So personally, I'm not sure if that would be any better than how Takeshi's Numacraw was treated.

kickachu

Momentai!
It definitely is. They never usually have Eevee in the main cast unless it's being used to showcase a new gimmick

May's Eevee: First Eevee in the main cast, Showcased Glaceon

Serena's Eevee: Showcased Sylveon

Lana's Eevee: Let's Go Promotion, Showcased Haircuts

Chloe's Eevee: Will (most likely) Showcase G-Max Eevee
If she gets a dyna max band

Status
Not open for further replies.