• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahim Saidu

I don't want them to, TRio are fine since Meowth basically got a G-Max form because of Team Rocket's Meowth and they've got a future Drednaw. I just pray it gets some actual use unlike the z-ring which basically sat on a shelf after the Ula'Ula trial until the League :rolleyes:

But I don't want Chloe getting a Dynamax band if she's only going to use it once, Goh doesn't need it either since Raids happen basically wherever and not just Galar.
Besides y'know if Chloe gets a Dynamax band... that means Eevee won't evolve... again >.<

Really Ash is the only one that actually needs one, since he'll be facing most if not all of the Galarian gym leaders and getting some actual use of it. Handing a z-ring to literally everyone just felt like participation trophies, Kiawe and Lillie should have been the only others with one
I highly don't that Chewtle will be used by Team Rocket. Personally, I think Ash should get Drednaw at least for two reasons
1 Ash seems to like using turtle like Pokemon such as Squirtle, Torkoal and Torterra
2 Based on Drednaw's bio, it makes sense for Ash to catch and take it. It will be similar to that of Charizard and Primeape

Ibrahim Saidu

What does the fact that it's an abomination has anything to do with anything? That's kind of just judging it by looks and creation. This series also breaks some trends (Ash never catching a fish mon) and Dracovish could also be the counterpart of Goh's Aerodactyl
But there are better Fossil Pokemon Ash can get, not those ones Galar. Goh can have Galar Fossils
Another thing about Dracovish is that it can't breathe on land

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wait. I always assumed Ash's Dad died.

I didn't know his dad was just a deadbeat wow I guess me and Ash have more in common than I thought lol

Well, besides what Shudo said about him, Masamitsu Hidaka said on his interview for PokéBeach Ash's father is apparently a researcher or something and they'd only bring him up if they feel they'd need to develop/grow Ash's character.

Now speaking my own thoughts: it is because they kind of have a similar view as Shudo in the sense his dad was a failure and Ash kind of resents him to some extend

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Now speaking my own thoughts: it is because they kind of have a similar view as Shudo in the sense his dad was a failure and Ash kind of resents him to some extend

It's too bad that the writers never did anything with that angle. It would've been nice to see Satoshi express some sort of emotional pain as a result of his father's supposed failures. Anything to make Satoshi a more complex character would've been neat.

Decidueye23

It's too bad that the writers never did anything with that angle. It would've been nice to see Satoshi express some sort of emotional pain as a result of his father's supposed failures. Anything to make Satoshi a more complex character would've been neat.
While i agree that it would be nice seeing more emotional depth in Ash, i also think Ash's personality is based on going on and not giving up even if you fail, so i dont think he would resent his father even if he failed.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But there are better Fossil Pokemon Ash can get, not those ones Galar. Goh can have Galar Fossils
Yeah. It's the same reason why Ash doesn't catch fish Pokemon. They would only be useful in water.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We don't know that. Even if it says that in the Pokedex that may not apply to the anime

They did for the Amaura line
Goh should get this, Dreepy and Applin provide better storylines and plots for Ash.

Dreepy can essentially be the new Tauros, Ash winds up with 30 in some weird circumstance and one fully evolves into Dragapult with Dragonite and Gengar as it's role model/parents like Hawlucha was to Noivern.
Applin could be a nice scenario with Chloe, both getting one and Ash further bonding with her as they seek out the tarts. or Ash could give her one cause AshXChloe represent!

I'd rather see Ash with the t-rex, it'd fill out his Kalos team and there honestly really isn't much else from that region he can get until Phantump is opened back up when Goh's gone. And if Ash does battle Diantha? Tyrantrum vs Aurorus!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sliggoo are blind, but the anime never referenced that at all. Don't see why they can't do the same here. And if breathing is the problem, just teach it Rain Dance. Not only will it not die, but Fishious Rend'll be powered up. Win-win.

Red and Blue

Also can we really trust the Pokedex entries for the Galarian Fossils? They are just pieces of four separate Pokemon put together.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cara Liss made them up in universe

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Also can we really trust the Pokedex entries for the Galarian Fossils? They are just pieces of four separate Pokemon put together.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cara Liss made them up in universe
Yeah I was thinking the same. The Dex makes it seem like they're naturally that way and survived. Their contradictory Dex entries are probably just Cara Liss making it up as she's their creator

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:

While I don't like Uonoragon or the other Gen VIII Fossil Pokemon, "better Fossil Pokemon" is subjective. I don't think there will ever be a consensus around here about which Fossil Pokemon suits Satoshi the best, anyway. I would've said Ptera earlier in the series, but I pretty much moved on after Satoshi got Kairyu since I didn't see the point of him having two Flying-types, especially another Kanto one.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
what you think he'll catch

If we're limiting him to just Galar Pokemon during that time, then pretty much every Gen VIII Pokemon is fair game except maybe the Legendaries. I hope he'll finally get a Wooluu, though.

Zariful

So I won't rule anything out because Go did try to catch Slowking during that two segment episode of the two kings. And Marshtomp is on the poster. But I'm not on team Ash-Marshtomp anymore. But I would love to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.