• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Nothing should get released at all period, only Team Rocket can get away doing it without it seeming forced or stupid
Only Butterfree, Lapras, and Naganadel didn’t feel forced. The others were just lame and a waste of time. Especially Goodra who would’ve been Ash’s most useless Dragon if Noivern didn’t exist.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Nothing should get released at all period, only Team Rocket can get away doing it without it seeming forced or stupid
I hated XY/Z's and SM releases. And I have the bad feeling that still could happen in Journeys, but I hope I'll be proved wrong.

I wonder if Ash going to use Battle Bond, Mega Evolution, Z-Move, and Gigantamax against Leon (with different pokemons and only if Greninja return).
Who knows? Mega evolution and z-moves were used in Journeys and, with a lucario in the main cast soon enough, I'd say Ash using mega lucario is a given.

PsychoLogical

I hated XY/Z's and SM releases. And I have the bad feeling that still could happen in Journeys, but I hope I'll be proved wrong.
Considering the plot of this series, I don’t actually see any releases happening. There’s just no point. It’s a series that isn’t just travelling in one region and him just catching who knows how many from not just the current new region and nothing of good plot that would require a release or anything.

DuskAstral

I wonder if Ash going to use Battle Bond, Mega Evolution, Z-Move, and Gigantamax against Leon (with different pokemons and only if Greninja return).
I don't think so. The fight with Leon will be a 1v1 (as before) rather than a full battle. Besides, I got the impression that only Dynamax and Gigantamax can be used in fights in the official stadium (so this is the only Satoshi could use).

PsychoLogical

I don't think so. The fight with Leon will be a 1v1 (as before) rather than a full battle. Besides, I got the impression that only Dynamax and Gigantamax can be used in fights in the official stadium (so this is the only Satoshi could use).
If you’re talking about the final fight aka the end of the series battle, its not going to be a 1v1. Unless you’re just being sarcastic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:

From my viewpoint, there's no way that the final battle between Satoshi and Dande will be 1-versus-1 again. If they were to have a battle before that in the middle of the series for whatever reason, then maybe I could see another single battle happening before Satoshi loses. But them having a single battle at the end of the World Championship would be the most anti-climactic finale I can think of.

Mew29240

From my viewpoint, there's no way that the final battle between Satoshi and Dande will be 1-versus-1 again. If they were to have a battle before that in the middle of the series for whatever reason, then maybe I could see another single battle happening before Satoshi loses. But them having a single battle at the end of the World Championship would be the most anti-climactic finale I can think of.

They really put themselves in a bad spot by making the deciding match being a 1v1 for Leon v. Lance.

Depending on how the Master Class battles are sorted out, maybe they could all do full battles amongst each other (not sure how many matches per trainer) and have the 2 best performing go on to use their aces against each other?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Now I'm thinking that we will have an episode where Sirfetch'd leek breaks and it becomes unmotivated to battle because of it, then Ash and his pokémon try to find another one for the duck.
Like that episode in XY where Braixen's stick broke and the gang started looking for a new one.

Are there any prop Pokemon with unusual props? Say Cubone with 2 bones, Delphox with a staff, Farfetch'd with a carrot, Alakazam with a fork and knife, Rilaboom with an actual drum kit?

ShadowForce720

They really put themselves in a bad spot by making the deciding match being a 1v1 for Leon v. Lance.

Depending on how the Master Class battles are sorted out, maybe they could all do full battles amongst each other (not sure how many matches per trainer) and have the 2 best performing go on to use their aces against each other?

While Leon vs Lance was 1vs1 it was never stated that the final match of the Master Class would always be one 1vs1. So it’s something that could easily change once Ash gets interesting the Master Class.

Mew29240

While Leon vs Lance was 1vs1 it was never stated that the final match of the Master Class would always be one 1vs1. So it’s something that could easily change once Ash gets interesting the Master Class.

True. Maybe the finalists get to decide how to manage their battle?

Red and Blue

I'm sure if Ash asks Leon to go all out in a full battle Leon will oblige him. I see no reason to think Ash vs. Leon wont be a full battle

Master Pikachu 11

Despite the lack of merchandise I think G. Farfetch'd is staying.

I would hope any releases for Ash happens at the end of Pokemon Jorneys, not in the middle.
Just as others have mentioned, I too don’t think anything is getting released especially when we have another protagonist that wants to try to catch them all and also wanted to catch Galarian Farfetch’d so it would be pointless to make Ash release anything when Goh is going to keep his Pokémon.

Red and Blue

Just as others have mentioned, I too don’t think anything is getting released especially when we have another protagonist that wants to try to catch them all and also wanted to catch Galarian Farfetch’d so it would be pointless to make Ash release anything when Goh is going to keep his Pokémon.
I don't think a release is off the table for Joruneys. Go was prepared to release his Raboot. I don't really want it to happen either but I wouldn't put it past the writers

Master Pikachu 11

I don't think a release is off the table for Joruneys. Go was prepared to release his Raboot. I don't really want it to happen either but I wouldn't put it past the writers
Yes but that was a rehash of bye bye Pikachu in OS, but yes the writers could pull anything off, but it would feel pointless at this point and would make Farfetch’d’s capture even more pointless since it joined Ash to get stronger. Also it doesn’t make sense to leave it with Bea which some are suggesting. Bea is not just a gym leader, but is also competing with Ash for the opportunity to battle Leon, so it would make no sense for Ash to leave it with her.

dman_dustin

I find that somewhat hard to believe considering that we know that they typically plan episodes only about six months in advance, and the time between Satoshi's capture of Eipam [AG182] and the trade with Hikari [DP055] was over a year. I'd at least like to see a source for this supposed plan.

The fact Aipom showed interest in contests before Ash caught Aipom and the fact it was caught to begin with6, it seems obvious that there were outlines of a plot were there.

They'd have to given the series ends when a new generation is released, they clearly must have a good idea of what's planned longer in advance than the time it takes to make an episode, I doubt the series structure is made on a whim.

Plus they knew Ambipom was a thing when they introduced Aipom, and they had to know long in advance long before 4th gen was known to the public with exception to Pokemon like Munchlax though that was definitely revealed to the showrunners extremely far in advance (years before 4th gen)

So you really doubt they likely had a Buizel/Aipom trade in the works. The only thing I imagine wasn't planned was Zoey's inclusion into the plot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:
Will they even evolve Sobble though? If Ash ended up with Sobble, there is a chance he is stuck with not fully evolved pokemon again...

There's been quite a bit of Jimereon merchandise, so it's possible that it's hinting at Messon evolving in the next few months, probably after the Black Night subplot. Intereon is quite popular, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Messon could fully evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.