• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlon Akai

Fellas Where Do We Stand now?
What are your hopes that Ash will capture from each region now
Kanto: Finished (Wanted Eevee, but probably not happening), (Porygon if there is a chance it could get unbanned)
Johto: Tyranitar (OS Larvitar), Espeon (Low chance, but still possible)
Hoenn: Absol, Swampert
Sinnoh: Finished
Unova: Volcarona, Zoroark
Kalos: None (Doesn't really need another mon from Kalos)
Alola: Alolan Sandslash (Low chance since Goh wants regional variants as said in the Alola episode)
Galar: Corviknight, Dragapult, Dracovish

kickachu

Momentai!
Kanto: Finished (Wanted Eevee, but probably not happening), (Porygon if there is a chance it could get unbanned)
Alola: Alolan Sandslash (Low chance since Goh wants regional variants as said in the Alola episode)
don't lose hope in eevee there are some mights

Leonhart

Imagineer
ShadowDragon16 said:
First I assumed they gave Ash G-Farfetch’d to go with Gohs Kantonian Farfetch’d being regional variants but it seems like Gohs Farfetch’d seems to have been absent for quite some time since it hasn’t really appeared since Gohs backstory episode.

I originally thought that Gou would get it so that it would act as a counterpart to his normal Kamonegi, but considering that the writers haven't done much with Gou's Kamonegi, I'm sort of glad that the Galarian variant didn't go to Gou after all since it would've been a waste.

Master Pikachu 11

I respect your opinion, but I disagree he caught and brought back less Pokémon in that saga so I want him to catch another one or two to make up for leaving Goodra at the Swamp. I think Greninja may come back but we will see. I hope that he catches Tyrantrum and or Aegislash
Alola: I would like Kommo-o because it never got focus, but if Goh catches Legendaries and Mythicals then I want Ash to get Zeraora
don't lose hope in eevee there are some mights
Ash could easily just get Espeon without having to catch an Eevee just like he did with Dragonite and Gengar by catching it fully evolved.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With sooo many battles to go, Ash's roster needs to be bigger so I think he should have a MAX of 2 new Pokémon from each region but also bring in reserves.

(Just the new captures here)

Kanto
1. Dragonite
2. Gengar

Johto
1. Espeon (Caught as Espeon)

Hoenn
1. Swampert (Caught as Marshtomp)

Sinnoh
1. Lucario

Unova
1. Beartic (Caught as Beartic)

Kalos
1. Vivillon (Poké Ball variant, Caught as Vivillon)

Alola
1. Toucannon (*Shiny*, Caught as Pikipek)

Galar
1. Sirfetch'd (Caught as Farfetch'd)
2. Rillaboom (Caught as Grookey)

There's various reserves that I want him to bring in for various reasons but here are my Top 2 of each category.

Battle Exp.
Muk
Incineroar

Redemption
Torterra
Unfezant

Evolution
Gible > Gabite > Garchomp
Oshawott > Dewott

Gigantamax
Kingler
Melmetal

Mega Evolution
Sceptile
Glalie

Return from being Released
Greninja
Ambipom (O's Ping Pong Gym is in Vermillion City)

Ibrahim Saidu

Personally, I would want these Pokemon to be part of Ash's roster in this series
Kanto
1 Arcanine (as Arcanine)
2 Rhydon( the very first Pokemon created by the writers)
Johto
1 Espeon (as Espeon)
2 Tyranitar (OS Larvitar that evolved off screen)
3 Houndoom (as Houndoom)
Hoenn
1 Swampert(as Marshtomp) or Blaziken ( as Combusken)
2 Absol
3 Gardevoir(as Gardevoir)
4 Aggron( as Aggron)
Sinnoh
1 Abomasnow( the Snover Ash befriended in DP but later evolved off screen)
Unova
1 Zoroark (as Zoroark)
2 Chandelure( as Chandelure)
Kalos
1 Aegislash (as Aegislash)
2 Gogoat (as Gogoat)
3 Tyrantrum (as Tyrunt)
4 Pyroar ( the Litleo Ash befriended in XYZ but later evolved off screen)
Alola
1 Golisopod ( the Wimpod Ash befriended in SM but later evolved off screen)
2 Kommo-o (caught in its second stage)
3 Mudsdale ( as Mudsdale)
4 Zerora( one can appear in Ash's own universe)
Galar
1 Corviknight(as Rookidee)
2 Rillaboom(as Grookey)
3 Toxtricity AF(as Toxel)
4 Drednaw(the one that attacked the Wyndon Stadium in Galar)
5 Grimmsnarl( as Impidimp)
6 Coalossal( as Rolycoly)
7 Flapple or Appletun( as Applin)
8 Frosmoth(as Snom)
9 Urshifu RS(as Kubfu)
10 Dragapult
The Pokemon that will later return to Ash permanently
1 Greninja
2 Primeape
3 Squirtle
4 Pidgeot
Pokemon from Ash's reserves that needs more battling time
1 Kingler
2 Melmetal
To showcase Gigantamax forms of Kingler and Melmetal
3 Incineroar
4 Primeape
5 Pidgeot
6 Gible which might probably evolve into Garchomp
7 Muk
8 Glalie
9 Torterra

Last edited:

DuskAstral

The Pokemon that will later return to Ash permanently
2 Primeape
4 Pidgeot
The return of these two is unlikely to happen. The creators of Primeape have long forgotten, and as for Pidgeot, there was no promise to return in the Japanese version, so it cannot appear either.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They altered pretty much every other rivals' in game adaptations to a much larger degree so this should be fine.

Shauna being a prime example of this. She is like a completly different person in the anime.

(She was better than the game's counterpart as well lol)

I'd rather Piers be the rival instead of Marnie.

Same. Piers is the one I want to see Ash fight and win. Maybe he can even give his badge to Ash. I can see Ash commenting on he's not doing gyms and Piers going all "whatever, keep it as a souvinier or something, I don't care" lol

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Same for Flygon, and look what happened.
I don't think the writers will give Ash every pokémon the fans aways wanted him to catch.
I think the Ash & Flygon pairing was more of a Western Viewers wish (mainly because of the Jirachi movie), rather than Japanese Viewers wish.

* Gengar capture is probably related to that Haunted Tower episode (around the Sabrina Gym back in OG), because Ash did befriend all Ghost Pokemon there.
* Dragonite capture might have been because its related to OG series, and the fact that Iris was able to get one while Ash didn't even have a single fully evolved Pseudo at that time (i think fans including those in Japan, didn't really like that fact; which is why they gave Ash a Pseudo during the XY Saga).
* And there is no need to explain why Ash got the Riolu.
* The only odd one is Galarian Farfetch'd, who doesn't really have any notable connection (as far as i remember), but i guess considering the other Galarian regional forms, Galarian Farfetch'd was the most practical choice (based on design and Ash's style).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Farfetch'd probably has to do with the dex entries for both it and its evolution putting emphasis on how much they are fighters. The world building around the change of form also has to do with how they are more fighters on Galar, even requiring critical hits during battle to evolve.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, the Scriptwriters haven't allocated a 5th member for Ash yet, and we still don't know whether Ash would use his older Pokemon or not.
It would be nice if Ash does catch more than 5 Pokemon during the current Saga (without any BS of releasing a Pokemon or leaving it behind for training, to free up a slot), especially considering that his Co-Star (aka., Goh) is someone who is catching a lot of Pokemons, and would soon surpass the total number of capture until now by Ash.
I atleast want Ash to match his Unova capture record of 9 Pokemon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, the Scriptwriters haven't allocated a 5th member for Ash yet, and we still don't know whether Ash would use his older Pokemon or not.
It would be nice if Ash does catch more than 5 Pokemon during the current Saga (without any BS of releasing a Pokemon or leaving it behind for training, to free up a slot), especially considering that his Co-Star (aka., Goh) is someone who is catching a lot of Pokemons, and would soon surpass the total number of capture until now by Ash.
I atleast want Ash to match his Unova capture record of 9 Pokemon.
I think it's been obvious since Dragonite's capture that he's likely getting way more than he normally would. It's what he could catch is the real question while Go... is just Go. Doesn't matter what he captures since 95% of his captures are worthless small fries.

nickdt

I think the Ash & Flygon pairing was more of a Western Viewers wish (mainly because of the Jirachi movie), rather than Japanese Viewers wish.

* Gengar capture is probably related to that Haunted Tower episode (around the Sabrina Gym back in OG), because Ash did befriend all Ghost Pokemon there.
* Dragonite capture might have been because its related to OG series, and the fact that Iris was able to get one while Ash didn't even have a single fully evolved Pseudo at that time (i think fans including those in Japan, didn't really like that fact; which is why they gave Ash a Pseudo during the XY Saga).
* And there is no need to explain why Ash got the Riolu.
* The only odd one is Galarian Farfetch'd, who doesn't really have any notable connection (as far as i remember), but i guess considering the other Galarian regional forms, Galarian Farfetch'd was the most practical choice (based on design and Ash's style).

If i recall correctly, Ash wanted to have a Farfetch'd back in the day. So they all captures have somewhat of a connection with Ash. Which means we can kinda expect him getting Johto mons in Tyranitar and Dunsparce.

PsychoLogical

If i recall correctly, Ash wanted to have a Farfetch'd back in the day. So they all captures have somewhat of a connection with Ash. Which means we can kinda expect him getting Johto mons in Tyranitar and Dunsparce.
Ye he did, sometime in the OS, he originally wanted a Farfetch'd due to how rare it was at that time.

PsychoLogical

Its kinda funny: He has a Farfetch'd, but he doesn't use it.
We can blame them for basically doing a Riolu arc out of wanting Lucario to debut on the team as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.