• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Is this worth it?

EjKzkNbVgAMYHXt

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
EjMK4BqVgAAoMYU

I'm gonna bring this back up again since for some reason it's now just starting to gain attraction despite it being at least a day old: Despite that Dragapult from the special preview being very likely Leon's, in the end it looks like we're unfortunately back at it again with almost like another Sobble and Flygon situation due to these figurines alone where it has the duo and Leon which these figurines are supposedly representing their mons which gives the conflict on if Dragapult could actually be Ash's in the end or just another case of weirdass marketing. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% confident that Dragapult is Leon's but instead of others accepting it, Dragapult's status is now unfortunately a debate due to these figurines having the duo and Leon on the bottom right.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Leon will probably keep Mr. Rime. (There's no way the writers are going to pass on the opportunity for a Mime vs Rime showdown)

So Charizard, Dragapult, Mr. Rime.

As for the Starter. It depends on what the writers plans for Sobble and later Grookey are when it shows up (and that's if Leon gets a Starter at all)

desdar300

Leon will probably keep Mr. Rime. (There's no way the writers are going to pass on the opportunity for a Mime vs Rime showdown)

So Charizard, Dragapult, Mr. Rime.

As for the Starter. It depends on what the writers plans for Sobble and later Grookey are when it shows up (and that's if Leon gets a Starter at all)
I think the starter will stay even if it's an unconventional choice.
Kukui kept his but despite it being super effective against Mukuroh it was Nyaheat's rival.
I would like something similar to that where everyone of ashes mean teammates has some sort of rival in the group

ShadowForce720

Kukui kept his but despite it being super effective against Mukuroh it was Nyaheat's rival.
I would like something similar to that where everyone of ashes mean teammates has some sort of rival in the group

If Ash does get Marshtomp maybe Leon’s Rillaboom(if he even has one) will be it’s rival and will get basically Swampert vs Rillaboom.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well no since Groudon also could use Mud Shot at that time, Muddy Water was its signature move at the time.
Oh right I forgot Groudon could use it too.

Still I find Mud Shot a lot more interesting than Muddy Water.

Doesn't help that in Gen 3 Muddy Water was just a brown version of Surf bleh

The bolded is what I'd like to see to.

Pikachu - Charizard

Dragonite - Dragapult

Gengar - Uh...

Sirfetch'd - Uh....

Mr. Mime - Mr. Rime

Lucario - Whoever the Starter is

Rune Knight

Which is my argument:
If you are in Hyper Class, you cannot challenge someone from Master Class, meaning you cannot progress into Master Rank.
Imagine Ash comes in at position 8 in the Master Rank because he defeats a trainer in Hyper Rank.
After that, Bea does the exact same thing, which means Ash drops down without having lost in Master Rank, only because he is in last place.

No no. What I meant was the rule of only battling people from within your class is only for those in the Normal, Super, and Hyper Class, but not for the Master Class.

A trainer in the hyper class can't challenge people from the super class and prior, but can challenge people from the Master Class; and maybe there is an unspoken rule that hasn't been mentioned like you need to be in the top 16 or something.

Oh gosh please writers keep Mr. Mime away from Ash's team. I was ok with Ash using him at that Hoenn tourney but I don't want him to be part of the main team when Ash can just catch whatever Pokemon he wants.
But I want Mimey to fight in PWC match at least once to kill the theory that doubt his ownership of Mimey as his Psychic and Fairy type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
No some of those figures probably have nothing to do with the upcoming arc and at least one of them is a movie promotion

I figure that the Bachinkey and Gorirander toys are probably not related to the anime, unless we're supposed to believe that the entire Sarunori line will appear together in the near future. But every other Pokemon in that scan is accounted for as far as I know, based on other merchandise scans that promote the same Pokemon.

Sidagam

EjMK4BqVgAAoMYU

I'm gonna bring this back up again since for some reason it's now just starting to gain attraction despite it being at least a day old: Despite that Dragapult from the special preview being very likely Leon's, in the end it looks like we're unfortunately back at it again with almost like another Sobble and Flygon situation due to these figurines alone where it has the duo and Leon which these figurines are supposedly representing their mons which gives the conflict on if Dragapult could actually be Ash's in the end or just another case of weirdass marketing. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% confident that Dragapult is Leon's but instead of others accepting it, Dragapult's status is now unfortunately a debate due to these figurines having the duo and Leon on the bottom right.

Can see why it keeps getting bought up. You look at the placement of the Pokemon there and then the placement of Ash, Leon and Goh, one would assume (knowing who Charizard and Flygon belong to) that Dragapult is Ashs. Do I think it likely? No, not at all. It's is almost certainly Leon's. But you'll always have people saying "well why isn't Dragonite/Lucario/Gengar there instead?

Red and Blue

I wasn't seriously on the "Ash catching the Dragapult" bandwagon until that toyset with Charizard and Flygon. It's odd to have Ash with Leon and Go yet being the only trainer to not have a toy Pokemon representing him.

If Flygon is for Go and Charizard Leon then that would point to the Dragapult being Ash's. Guess we have to wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.