• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucarioFTWs

Honestly while i would rather like to see Sobe i evolved. Inteleon is badass as well and when is the last time we saw a gun in the anime lol. Due to hate for inteleon in the Western areas i thought it would be the same for Japan as well but i’m wrong I guess. Thanks for telling me though

Greninja’s outclassed by nearly 20 mons in winrate. Not that special. And it’s only notable achievements was beating two Megas and losing to a fking Charizard with Blast Burn and thats it.
To be fair Ash-Greninja fought tougher opponents than the other pokemoms (except Pikachu and Charizard).

What is the win rate after Ash master Ash-Greninja final form? That is what we should focus on.

Do we count that Ash-Greninja swipe all 3 of Tomo/Titus's pokemon at the first round of Kalos League? After defeating Altaria, Ash said he want to finish the match with Greninja. There is announcement board after the match but as I cannot read Japanese I don't know what it contains.

After snowball episode where Ash finally master Ash-Greninja final form:
W - Mega Abomasnow
W - Altaria (full HP opponent in 1 hit) + 2 other Titus's pokemons?
W - Mega Sceptile
W - Bisharp
L - Mega Charizard X

It is either 4-1 or 6-1 depend on whether we had confirmation of it defeating 2 other Titus's pokemons.

Last edited:

Dzentelmen

Aside from Charizard and Pikachu, I also would place Sceptile and Noivern above Greninja. Defeating legendaries seems like a bigger feat than defeating megas. Sceptile defeated Tobias' unbeatable Darkrai and Noivern basically beat Zapdos but Team Rocket appeared to interrupt the fight.

Aside from Charizard and Pikachu, I also would place Sceptile and Noivern above Greninja. Defeating legendaries seems like a bigger feat than defeating megas. Sceptile defeated Tobias' unbeatable Darkrai and Noivern basically beat Zapdos but Team Rocket appeared to interrupt the fight.
A lot of people give too much credit to Sceptile beating Darkrai, forgetting that Heracross deal super effective stab 120BP Megahorn on Darkrai before. Even Tobias stated afterwards that Darkrai would have fainted if got hit by Gible's Draco Meteor, indiciating that Darkrai has low remaining HP after battle with Heracross.

I remember someone said in this forum few days ago that Zapdos is just surprised by sudden evolution against Noivern (nb: that is not my theory). Noivern showing in Kalos League is underwhelming. If someone said Noivern stronger than Ash-Greninja, that means they are in the opposite view of the writers.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don’t get why people are mocking Greninja. It has one of the highest win rates of Ash team and is pretty consistent after it lost to wulfric. Of course Infernape is still better but greninja is probably one of my favs. I think Lucario will have a special form like greninja. They don’t care about balanced screentime. The anime is just a way to bank cash off merch. Something like lucario with a special form will create tons of hype in japan and hype=money.
No.Lucario will not get anything special like anime-only transformation.Reason why Greninja got it is simple.It is Ash "Mega evolution". I know DL got something special but that is not lile Ash Greninja like a transformation.Ash in this series had already Gigachu and probably Giga Gengar so he is set for gimmick.Lucario may only get Giga form in Tundra and maybe DP remakes if they come and Mega.

nickdt

Yeah, Zapdos didn't basically beat Zapdos, since then Talonflame basically beat Moltres because Team Rocket also interrupted that battle. People also give to much credit to Sceptile, who was only the fourth mon to battle Darkrai.

Durrendal

I think what @Durrendal mean are irrelevant captures that take full episode such as Raichu and Aerodactyl. They are not even on the main team based on group picture at the end of the OP.
Yes, as well as the fact that those 1 second captures don't come in 1s dosages. They are strung together in a montage and put in a story. What was the reason behind the full episode of that Cubone capture? Don't know! Gave a beautiful backstory, why? Don't know!
Why did we get a shorter vs. Korinna battle by dedicating time to Goh's 20 flabebe captures? Don't know!

Durrendal

Ppl can be salty all they want about Gou, his goal or captures. The facts is you cant change it and your complaining makes the discussions less plesant.
Good thing people don't exist to make things pleasant for you. Your Go shilling also makes things less pleasant for others.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Good thing people don't exist to make things pleasant for you. Your Go shilling also makes things less pleasant for others.
No one here is a Go shill, and you’re the one making things less pleasant by acting like an ass.

game3524

Haaah, I really must be the only one who thinks that Lucario could still be taking a backseat in action for a while in favor of boosting up anymore unevolved captures Ash may own later on out of needing something to work with since they don’t really have anything if the whole team is fully evolved since I actually expect Sirfetch’d to arrive soon after Lucario does as well.

Extra side note: Unless Leon has his own Inteleon then Sobble will prob stay unevolved unfortunately.

They have pretty much set up Lucario to be the star against Bea. So it is really more Lycanroc then Charizard, Infernape, or Greninja. IMO, it will likely job to Leon's Charizard and Pikachu will get the spotlight in the end.

PsychoLogical

They have pretty much set up Lucario to be the star against Bea. So it is really more Lycanroc then Charizard, Infernape, or Greninja. IMO, it will likely job to Leon's Charizard and Pikachu will get the spotlight in the end.
I mean, it was pretty obvious since the beginning that Pikachu will get the final blow. It's setup for Leon's eventual defeat against Ash.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
It likely is true, considering that it's a freak of nature created by sticking parts of two different Pokemon together. This is also reflected by the fact that all of the Galar fossils are placed in the Undiscovered Egg group, meaning that they cannot breed, not even with Ditto.
Your logic is a little flawed but agree with you on this. If ash's to get a fossil, give him something like tyrantrum not those cut and paste dinosaurs.Let raihan showcase dracovish.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
For as much as I'm tired of seeing Charizard everywhere, I actually want to see Ash's again.

Ash's Charizard is the only one I really care about in this show.

They can't market that, as Mega Evolution has been phased out from the main games.

Unless they really want to give Pokemon Masters some love. (And confuse all the native Gym Leaders who don't know Ash.)

first of all the concepts are still in the anime, and secondly, it's pretty obvious at this point that unlike the former "gimmicks" Dyna/Gigantamaxing can only occur in Galar or places close by like the isle of armor and crown tundra.

I seriously doubt all of Ash's major battles are going to be exclusive to Galar, so why not let him employ the other gimmicks if the need arises, since in the anime those two can be done anywhere and not just one location.

not to mention we couldn't exactly use Ash-Greninja during the gen 6 games, you know when Mega evolution had been introduced and what it was "trying" to be, even if the concept was stupid in execution.

Only if Sinnoh remakes are for real that is.

Even if they aren't, Lucario is the second most popular pokemon over all currently with only Greninja before it, so I would say it probably will be relevant, I just pray they don't do to it what they did to Greninja...

I love Greninja to death, but Ash-Greninja...the entire concept still makes me cringe.

PsychoLogical

Ash-Greninja was simply a rushed concept, though. All of us were busy looking forward to Gen VII to care about Gen VI's last days. Ergo, we ended up with Ash-Greninja being poorly imported to Gen VII.

(...And let's not forget Zygarde Complete got that treatment also, which was on GF's fault due to being their original creation. They didn't time things right.)
Let's just say that Ash-Greninja and Zygarde Complete were just complete mistakes that the anime stupidly decided to create out of shafting Ash out of Mega Evolution cause of no Kalos mons being able to Mega Evolve and how the plot in the XY games was so bad and decided to rewrite it to something related to Zygarde instead of doing Xerneas and/or Yveltal which both never fully appeared in the main series and only fully appeared in a flashback in an episode special.

ShadowForce720

Let's just say that Ash-Greninja and Zygarde Complete were mistakes that the anime stupidly decided to create out of shafting Ash out of Mega Evolution cause of no Kalos mons being able to Mega Evolve and how the XY games plot was so bad and decided to rewrite it to something related to Zygarde instead of doing Xerneas and Yveltal which both never fully appeared in the main series and only fully appeared in a flashback in an episode special.

Realistically there was likely a serious consideration of a 3rd version/sequel to X&Y which would have had Zygarde as the mascot and would have introduced the new forms.

However obviously the 3rd version/sequel got scrapped so the Zygarde stuff was moved to Sun and Moon.

Basically the Zygarde forms were likely never created for the anime and were likely always planned to be introduce in the games.

PsychoLogical

Zygarde Complete isn't an anime creation, though. Zygarde's own dex entries were hinting at Zygarde Complete's existence.

Besides, as a player, you never doubt the hidden, unassuming third Legendary heavily related to the other two.
Ye fair point, tho my point regarding Ash-Greninja still stands. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.