• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
In the games she blatantly supported Lysandre and Team Flare, chatisies the player for defeating them when they challenge the E4 and agrees to leak info on TF to looker to avoid being arrested, although she still supports TF

I barely remember the plot of X/Y, so I didn't remember that part. I was judging her character solely on how she was portrayed in the anime, which now seems slightly more tolerable because at least she realized the error of her ways even if it happened too conveniently.

Master Pikachu 11

Ppl can be salty all they want about Gou, his goal or captures. The facts is you cant change it and your complaining makes the discussions less plesant.
Agreed, it does no good to complain, I just want to see him use his other Pokémon more often and I am glad that he is actually going to use Flygon this time in the next episode.
Good thing people don't exist to make things pleasant for you. Your Go shilling also makes things less pleasant for others.
We don’t want to hear your complaining, your entitled to your opinion, but this complaining gets old after a while this is not the forum to discuss Goh’s character, this is a Pokémon forum so let’s get back to talking about Pokémon.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I think the Pokemon anime should incorporate more unexpected moments typical of American serial dramas.

One I had in mind was where Delia starts feeling sick, and is hospitalized. She turns out to have a terminal illness with not very long to live. Before she passes, she confesses to Ash that his father is Team Rocket boss Giovanni. This happens right at the end of the episode.

The next episode would deal from the dual fallouts of her death and the deathbed confession. Ash would worry that being the son of the person for whom Jessie and James were trying to steal his Pokemon would be a huge character flaw.

LucarioFTWs

Let's just say that Ash-Greninja and Zygarde Complete were just complete mistakes that the anime stupidly decided to create out of shafting Ash out of Mega Evolution cause of no Kalos mons being able to Mega Evolve and how the plot in the XY games was so bad and decided to rewrite it to something related to Zygarde instead of doing Xerneas and/or Yveltal which both never fully appeared in the main series and only fully appeared in a flashback in an episode special.
Sure it could have been a mistake. But honestly ash greninja brought a lot profit to pokemon company i doubt they’re happier with ash having a mega instead.

dman_dustin

I don’t get why people are mocking Greninja. It has one of the highest win rates of Ash team and is pretty consistent after it lost to wulfric. Of course Infernape is still better but greninja is probably one of my favs. I think Lucario will have a special form like greninja. They don’t care about balanced screentime. The anime is just a way to bank cash off merch. Something like lucario with a special form will create tons of hype in japan and hype=money.

I'm pretty sure people hate on it just because it lost to Alain, I otherwise can't see why people dislike it

It's annoying but I just roll my eyes and ignore it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucarioFTWs said:
Sure it could have been a mistake. But honestly ash greninja brought a lot profit to pokemon company i doubt they’re happier with ash having a mega instead.

I feel like him utilizing Mega Lizardon Y would've been profitable since everyone and their parents love Lizardon in general: Satoshi's Lizardon coming back and Mega Evolving would've theoretically been a huge marketing tactic.

dman_dustin said:
I'm pretty sure people hate on it just because it lost to Alain, I otherwise can't see why people dislike it

You don't see how Gekkouga spending approximately a year in the spotlight and having multiple episodes dedicated to its development and battles all in such a short time span was problematic? Especially since certain Pokemon like Onvern were practically overshadowed by Gekkouga's stardom? And please don't single out Pikachu as a counterargument: everyone knows that he receives a lot of screen-time, but that's never going to change no matter how much whataboutism is thrown his way.

dman_dustin

You don't see how Gekkouga spending approximately a year in the spotlight and having multiple episodes dedicated to its development and battles all in such a short time span was problematic? Especially since certain Pokemon like Onvern were practically overshadowed by Gekkouga's stardom? And please don't single out Pikachu as a counterargument: everyone knows that he receives a lot of screen-time, but that's never going to change no matter how much whataboutism is thrown his way.

No because it didn't evolve until before the 8th gym or in other word until after the 7th gym.

And did piss poor in the league only seen beating 3 Pokemon (Altaria/Sceptile/Bisharp; and only one was impressive) and losing to Charizard. Not to mention Greninja in its base form did terribly, struggling against Team Flare and only getting to do better when being in incomplete Ash-Greninja form).

It's focus was deserved otherwise people would complain Ash didn't struggle enough to get the Ash-Greninja form

Did Ash's other Pokemon get screwed over, yes, but that was going to happen regardless because that's all they are capable of or incapable of depending on how you want to look at it, but let's be more negative, they are incapable of balancing screen time between the Pokemon because they absolutely refuse to add more battles, more training or more bonding episodes to Pokemon who need it.

Look at 5th gen, all big battle competitions were a bunch of 1 vs 1s and the league was awful and we didn't even get a full battle that entire generation because DumbAF Nuts only brought 5 Pokemon. I'm not going to blame Greninja for the writers/producers for their poor decision making. Like not giving Noivern a really big battle to make up for not being used in the ice tyoe gym, as well as releasing Goodra.

And l ask this question, let's assume they allowed Ash to have Mega Charizard Y instead of Ash-Greninja why would Charizard's focus be less than what Greninja got. In fact Greninja would've been screwed over for Charizard and thus we're back where we started with Greninja being regarded as Ash's weakest fully evolved starter that should've gotten focus (Hence Torterra being excluded, since the focus was on Infernape not Torterra)

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I think the Pokemon anime should incorporate more unexpected moments typical of American serial dramas.

One I had in mind was where Delia starts feeling sick, and is hospitalized. She turns out to have a terminal illness with not very long to live. Before she passes, she confesses to Ash that his father is Team Rocket boss Giovanni. This happens right at the end of the episode.

The next episode would deal from the dual fallouts of her death and the deathbed confession. Ash would worry that being the son of the person for whom Jessie and James were trying to steal his Pokemon would be a huge character flaw.

Dude this is a cartoon for kids produced in Japan so why would they write anything similar to this cliche wannabe House, M.D. episode?

Btw you forgot to mention that Pikachu's a mammal.

nickdt

No because it didn't evolve until before the 8th gym or in other word until after the 7th gym.

And did piss poor in the league only seen beating 3 Pokemon (Altaria/Sceptile/Bisharp; and only one was impressive) and losing to Charizard. Not to mention Greninja in its base form did terribly, struggling against Team Flare and only getting to do better when being in incomplete Ash-Greninja form).

It's focus was deserved otherwise people would complain Ash didn't struggle enough to get the Ash-Greninja form

Did Ash's other Pokemon get screwed over, yes, but that was going to happen regardless because that's all they are capable of or incapable of depending on how you want to look at it, but let's be more negative, they are incapable of balancing screen time between the Pokemon because they absolutely refuse to add more battles, more training or more bonding episodes to Pokemon who need it.

Look at 5th gen, all big battle competitions were a bunch of 1 vs 1s and the league was awful and we didn't even get a full battle that entire generation because DumbAF Nuts only brought 5 Pokemon. I'm not going to blame Greninja for the writers/producers for their poor decision making. Like not giving Noivern a really big battle to make up for not being used in the ice tyoe gym, as well as releasing Goodra.

And l ask this question, let's assume they allowed Ash to have Mega Charizard Y instead of Ash-Greninja why would Charizard's focus be less than what Greninja got. In fact Greninja would've been screwed over for Charizard and thus we're back where we started with Greninja being regarded as Ash's weakest fully evolved starter that should've gotten focus (Hence Torterra being excluded, since the focus was on Infernape not Torterra)

The thing is: I doubt Ash would have even gotten Greninja and Talonflame if he would have had Charizard.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

It's annoying but I just roll my eyes and ignore it.

Nah it's the constant shoehorning that they did with the damn frog every other episode back in XYZ that pisses people off. But I'm not surprised that you're defending the constant 'buy Greninja's products!' message that the writing staff used to shove down our gullets back then since you seem to always take the side of the least popular Pokemon just to spite us. XD

ShadowForce720

Nah it's the constant shoehorning that they did with the damn frog every other episode back in XYZ that pisses people off. But I'm not surprised that you're defending the constant 'buy Greninja's products!' message that the writing staff used to shove down our gullets back then since you seem to always take the side of the least popular Pokemon just to spite us. XD

Least popular Pokémon? Look I get that some people here don’t like Greninja or how much it appeared, however Charizard, Pikachu, Lucario, Eevee, and Greninja are some people of the most popular Pokémon which is part of the reason they get pushed so much.

Just because you don’t like a specific Pokémon showing up a lot does not mean that Pokémon isn’t popular.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Realistically there was likely a serious consideration of a 3rd version/sequel to X&Y which would have had Zygarde as the mascot and would have introduced the new forms.

However obviously the 3rd version/sequel got scrapped so the Zygarde stuff was moved to Sun and Moon.

Basically the Zygarde forms were likely never created for the anime and were likely always planned to be introduce in the games.

I agree.

We do know Ash-Greninja was a GF creation to help the anime but there is no word the same applies to Zygarde.

If anything, I could see GF figuring that since they already planned Complete Zygarde might as well not let the design/work go to waste and use it in the anime instead.

ShadowForce720

They have to sell that through Gigantamax, as they cannot do it as a Mega Evolution.

This series is not solely focus on Galar, and considering that Gigantamaxing is exclusive to Galar. Not every major battle is going to take place in Galar so there is no reason why Ash can’t use Mega Evolution.

If anything this whole notion that Ash can only use the gen 8 mechanic is an outdated motion.

ShadowForce720

Will they really have Ash use both Gigantamax and Mega Evolution against Leon, though. People would be pissed.

They could or they can just have him use Mega Evolution in battles outside of Galar.

I mean if they really wanted to only focus on gen 8 and Dynamaxing and Gigantamax like your trying to imply then they wouldn’t have had Ash do this whole World Tour thing and would have just had Ash travel solely through Galar.

Status
Not open for further replies.