• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
I believe Ash could've gotten more out the Y form than Trevor did.

I agree. Frankly anyone would've managed to bring out Mega Lizardon Y's full potential in a battle if they'd been up against anyone other than Alan.

Lacuna

Goodnight
Spoiler: Ash ends up being the first known person to use a simultaneous Dynamaxed Mega Evolution. Wearing a Dynamax Band on one wrist, and a Mega Ring on the other. =P

In all seriousness, an Ash-Lucario situation doesn't seem super likely to me just because I do think they're going down the Mega Lucario route (what with Riolu visibly admiring Korrina's Lucario), but on the other hand GMAX and Mega in the same battle does seem like it's gonna upset some people. I'm curious about how they're going to balance it out since it seems like they want to utilize both now.

LucarioFTWs

Will they really have Ash use both Gigantamax and Mega Evolution against Leon, though. People would be pissed.
I mean not really? I’m pretty sure the pokemon company knows that mega evolution is a lot more popular than gigantimaxing. Plus gigantimax is hard to make battles looks awesome because it just who has the stronger moves. there’s no dodging or status moves or whatever. I’m sure they don’t care and will probably give lucario a mega because ash never had one

LucarioFTWs

If that's true, how come it's not in SwSh at all. They really can't just drop the mechanic out of nowhere with a free update.
Cause GF thinks that adding new gimmicks instead of working on older gimmicks more will bring in more kids to play the games. Gigantimax is definently not popular compared to megas.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Cause GF thinks that adding new gimmicks instead of working on older gimmicks more will bring in more kids to play the games. Gigantimax is definently not popular compared to megas.

also probably because there are only certain times you can do dynamax/Gigantamaxing like raid or gym battles.

Megas and Z-moves could be used anywhere at any time in their respective games once you had access to them.

Lacuna

Goodnight
If that's true, then why did they bother to keep Mega Evolutions in Gen VI.
Assuming you meant Gen 7, it's probably because Z-Moves are different enough from Megas to warrant keeping both. One is just special moves while the other is entirely new forms. Meanwhile, GMAX is basically just a combination of both, so there was no reason to keep old features in when they want their shiny new one to look special.

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucarioFTWs said:

The Kyodaimax feature is the current novelty and has been promoted a lot especially in the anime, so I find it hard to believe that Mega Evoluton is more popular than the Kyodaimax feature right now. Frankly, I don't care for either of those upgrades, but I prefer them over Z-Moves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
I think the Pokemon anime should incorporate more unexpected moments typical of American serial dramas.

One I had in mind was where Delia starts feeling sick, and is hospitalized. She turns out to have a terminal illness with not very long to live. Before she passes, she confesses to Ash that his father is Team Rocket boss Giovanni. This happens right at the end of the episode.

The next episode would deal from the dual fallouts of her death and the deathbed confession. Ash would worry that being the son of the person for whom Jessie and James were trying to steal his Pokemon would be a huge character flaw.

I like the idea of more real-life elements and realistic subplots happening, but not if they're going to be depressing and somber like this. The anime is supposed to be light-hearted, not full of dread.

Man, all the salt towards Ash-Greninja here is hilarious to read. Sad to say for those folks, but AG is still Ash's arguably Ash's best Pokemon. Think Peakachu with Z-move is the only Pokemon better.

It would be cool seeing AG back for sure. If he does come back and the Championships work the way I'm imagining it to be, I think AG will play a part in battles against maybe potential Alain and Sawyer battles or even another Diantha rematch. All of this could be in the future.

I do have a hard time imagining that happening though since the anime usually drops the ball with these things. I'm not even fully onboard with the idea that Ash will bring back reserves since nothing so far has hinted towards that in the anime itself besides how the Championships work conceptually.

Last edited:

Lacuna

Goodnight
I like the idea of more real-life elements and realistic subplots happening, but not if they're going to be depressing and somber like this. The anime is supposed to be light-hearted, not full of dread.
I feel like we've already had a bit of that in this series, in the episode where Koharu's mother tells her she doesn't need to figure out her dream right away and you can change it whenever you want to. That seemed like a very real conversation to me and I liked it a lot.

But... yeah. I like dramatic plot twisty stuff too, and it'd be interesting for an event to really change a character... but, uh, maybe something that's not killing off Delia out of nowhere. Because yikes.

LucarioFTWs

Man, all the salt towards Ash-Greninja here is hilarious to read. Sad to say for those folks, but AG is still Ash's arguably Ash's best Pokemon. Think Peakachu with Z-move is the only Pokemon better.

It would be cool seeing AG back for sure. If he does come back and the Championships work the way I'm imagining it to be, I think AG will play a part in battles against maybe potential Alain and Sawyer battles or even another Diantha rematch. All of this could be in the future.

I do have a hard time imagining that happening though since the anime usually drops the ball with these things. I'm not even fully onboard with the idea that Ash will bring back reserves since nothing so far has hinted towards that in the anime itself besides how the Championships work conceptually.
I don’t think Sawyer is coming back. But Alain is definently coming back for another rematch for justice. Also diantha as well will probably face ash in a rematch. I guess i could see sawyer coming back to spectate ash but that’s it probably not another battle. Plus i don’t want to see his sceptile become an even worse punching bag for a frog that has 4x weakness lmao

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
May as well throw the ultra beast into the mix too, in order to give him the most OP battle ever..

Nah, Naganadel isn't that op..

Ash-Greninja: Battle-bond
Melmetal: Gigantamax
Lucario: Mega Evolution
Pikachu: 10m Gigavolt Z-move

Throw in Charizard or Blazenape and add Sceptile (or Lycanroc specifically for the Rock-coverage) and you've got an OP team that will likely beat Leon.

desdar300

I mean that proves Chris's point.
In a interview for Nintendo dream shortly before SM came out they flat-out disowned it but somewhat foreshadow that Regional variants would come back and they in did.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As usual, I'm now getting desperate for more news or whatever relating to the DD arc or I guess maybe JN041 since things are just getting stale again as usual lmao.

And I guess I just also want some closure or hints on the status of Marshtomp and (stupidly) that Dragapult from the special preview since for the latter specifically, I just want the pointless debate on if Dragapult truly belongs to Leon or not when it's really obvious that it's likely Leon's unless I get the biggest jebait since G-Farfetch'd/Sobble.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
if ash does get Marshtomp, hopefully it can evolve into swampert and shine on it's natural skills, something I wanted to see when we got Greninja but that didn't happen.
Eh what matters to me is that it can get some love for once since it's always been shafted in the anime and in marketing as well.

dman_dustin

The thing is: I doubt Ash would have even gotten Greninja and Talonflame if he would have had Charizard.

Unless you're suggesting Froakie/Frogadier wouldn't have evolved I'm not seeing the point, Talonflame maybe but only if you mean Ash brought Charizard from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.