• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
Least in the mewtwo episode goh will learn more about mew and the orgin of mewtwo

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Things in the real world are never as light-hearted as they are in Pokemon. Like the state of the world now. Plus children's cartoons have killed off characters before. Even live-action kids shows have done it.

I mean if HBOmax somehow got the rights to new Pokemon episodes and they released them once a week, the episode dealing with the fallout of Delia confessing to Ash that Giovanni was his father just before her death (as well as the fallout from her death) could potentially set first-day viewing records for a TV episode released on a streaming service because it was so highly anticipated.

The American serial dramas bring in lots of viewers because they always want to know what the fallout from the previous episode is. It's all about ratings.
Pokémon it's not the type of shown that do things like this. I mean, yeah, we have episodes that deal with more mature and sad topics, but not like this.
Also, Pokémon airs on TV unlike some shows on HBO MAX. I like drama and plot twists, but I don't think it would work in Pokémon.

Ultra Beast Lover

Having Delia die and, before said death, say, "Hey, btw Ash, your dad is Giovanni." Would be exactly what happens in the comics and soap operas. It is true that anime, books, games, TV shows, and movies do this a lot however those are often not long going iterations of said franchise. The anime is a long going franchise that could span another century. It is true that serious elements could bring in viewers but you have to make sure it fits into the context of the world and story. For instance, I want more therapy sessions in TV shows and it can work in superhero shows, comedies, etc,. but it can't work in every setting without being super jarring.

Pokemon the anime won't ever be super dark and serious, the games and manga can be but the anime was made to introduce people to these adorable and cool creatures. I would love for it to become like Rune Factory and give us a bunch of lore and do crazy stuff with Ash where he's the chosen one who's the descendant of Sir Aaron, but this might turn people off.

And lastly, Ash's dad is not Giovanni. It was a fun twist to mess around with when we were young but it's pretty unlikely. The one thing that people use as evidence is not canon and even if it was Delia said that Ash's dad helped her out of life with Team Rocket, if I'm remembering correctly.

MegaSalamence05

In all honesty if Ash ever was to catch a Legendary Pokemon. Their are 6 Pokemon. Like if Ash catches trio masters and Goh catches the trios. But even then that's hypothetical. It's not likely

Lugia, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Zacian and Solgaleo

Lugia and Ho-oh are the two Legendary Pokemon that I affiliate with Ash the most. Ho-oh due to the journey starting point. Lugia being the Pokemon that the "Chosen One" is predominately affiliated with. I can't speak on the Eastern side (Japan/EU) but the speech in Pokemon 2000 still gives me chills.

Rayquaza being the Pokemon to bring harmony between the Land and Water. Another "Chosen One" reference but it brings harmony between land and sea.

Zacian due to the Hero of Many Battles connection. But the fact that Zacian teamed up with the main hero in the climax.

Solgaleo for the countless reasons but should've happened last gen.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
In all honesty if Ash ever was to catch a Legendary Pokemon. Their are 6 Pokemon. Like if Ash catches trio masters and Goh catches the trios. But even then that's hypothetical. It's not likely

Lugia, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Zacian and Solgaleo

Lugia and Ho-oh are the two Legendary Pokemon that I affiliate with Ash the most. Ho-oh due to the journey starting point. Lugia being the Pokemon that the "Chosen One" is predominately affiliated with. I can't speak on the Eastern side (Japan/EU) but the speech in Pokemon 2000 still gives me chills.

Rayquaza being the Pokemon to bring harmony between the Land and Water. Another "Chosen One" reference but it brings harmony between land and sea.

Zacian due to the Hero of Many Battles connection. But the fact that Zacian teamed up with the main hero in the climax.

Solgaleo for the countless reasons but should've happened last gen.
Well.... Higher trio legendaries are likely just going to remain uncaught. Trio Masters or part of the trio themselves. If anything, the only Legendaries that realistically could truly join the main cast (Nebby aka Solgaleo was temporary and not what you'd call a main caster) are the Bird Trio, Galarian Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Eon Duo, Cresselia, Heatran, and Kubfu/Urshifu. Simply cause they're not that powerful and are comfirmed to be numerous in the anime with the Bird Trio, Beast Trio, and Heatran being the most obvious, and really don't have that much important lore.

BobbbidyBob

Least in the mewtwo episode goh will learn more about mew and the orgin of mewtwo
I believe the only remaining thing worth mentioning about Mewtwo’s story that hasn’t been explored is Ambertwo, which should have been in the remake.....

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't honestly have a problem if Satoshi's mother were to pass away or be written out of the series in general since I don't care about her character whatsoever, but I've never been a fan of the "Sakaki is Satoshi's father" theories, so I wouldn't want that to be a big secret that Hanako is keeping.

Decidueye23

I am down for returning legenderies but only of gen 5 and 6. Kyurem movie was BS and zekrom got shafted in the anime. Xerneas and yveltal have not appeared outside that one movie ofcourse. Actually a kalos arc with xerneas yveltal and zygarde wiuld be amazing, with AG potentially returning back full time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MegaSalamence05 said:

I'm not seeing the correlation, unless you're referring to the second movie, in which case I'd like to clarify that the whole "chosen one" line that they kept throwing around was dub-only.

PsychoLogical

I am down for returning legenderies but only of gen 5 and 6. Kyurem movie was BS and zekrom got shafted in the anime. Xerneas and yveltal have not appeared outside that one movie ofcourse. Actually a kalos arc with xerneas yveltal and zygarde wiuld be amazing, with AG potentially returning back full time.
Nah both made their true debuts in a flashback in a special after the XY finale.

MegaSalamence05

I'm not seeing the correlation, unless you're referring to the second movie, in which case I'd like to clarify that the whole "chosen one" line that they kept throwing around was dub-only.
That's exactly it I can't correlated it on the Japan side but in Canada/USA and the English dub that's where my argument comes from. In Pokemon 2000, I just want to know the difference of my favourite film ever made on the Pokemon side. That's what I want to know on the "Speech"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, I think it could've worked if Ash caught a Quilladin at the start of the XYZ-portion, but I guess the writers just didn't want another Infernape/Torterra-scenario.

I still remember that "hot-blooded Quilladin" episode title giving me hopes it would fill the missing spot there was after Goodra left. Not a fan of Quilladin but having it would mean Ash get a member of the Chespin line at least. Also, Chesnaught would be the second best option anyway.

Then it end up just being a filler...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
I still remember that "hot-blooded Quilladin" episode title giving me hopes it would fill the missing spot there was after Goodra left.

I remember thinking that it was going to be about Citron's Harimaron evolving into Hariborg, and was rather disappointed that it didn't happen. I never expected Satoshi to get it though since to me it wouldn't have made sense for two cast members to each own Pokemon of the same evolutionary line at the same time.

PsychoLogical

The XY squad was just Greninja and Pikachu hard carrying jobbers anyways, and a trainwreck in captures really. Even had the nerve to turn the original Kalos ace Talonflame into a jobber despite way more accomplishments and battles it had pre-Greninja. The two Dragons were absolute disasters, Goodra being one of the most pointless captures ever done and Noivern was just a useless jobber and prob the most useless mon Ash has ever owned.

I want to know who tf thought having 3 flyers was a good idea. Couldve had something else like an Aegislash but it was never meant to be.

Even had the nerve to turn the original Kalos ace Talonflame into a jobber despite way more accomplishments and battles it had pre-Greninja.
While I also do not like how they turn the others into jobbers, there might be possible explanation for this:

The opponents they face in the later part of the series are way stronger than the earlier part of the series (afterall those league opponents have defeated 8 gym leaders), only Pikachu and Ash-Greninja can keep up to the end.

PsychoLogical

While I also do not like how they turn the others into jobbers, there might be possible explanation for this:

The opponents they face in the later part of the series are way stronger than the earlier part of the series (afterall those league opponents have defeated 8 gym leaders), only Pikachu and Ash-Greninja can keep up to the end.
It doesn’t excuse how they treated Talonflame and especially the rest post-Greninja. Everything was just Greninja now when it debuted for Ash. It was pathetic. Talonflame got unfairly turned into a jobber, Hawlucha has always been inconsistent, Goodra was just awful, and Noivern was an absolute disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.