• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

When was Talonflame ever a jobber? It got KO's in every battle it had post evolution besides the first attempt at Wulfric where everyone including Greninja lost to the same Mon so that hardly counted.

It didn't have like a star moment in the league but it carried its weight which was pretty consistent with its role in the series in general, used in every gym except one and got a KO in all but two (and in those two its assist was noted by Satoshi) but never starred besides in one which was a joint star with Frogadier.

LucarioFTWs

It doesn’t excuse how they treated Talonflame and especially the rest post-Greninja. Everything was just Greninja now when it debuted for Ash. It was pathetic. Talonflame got unfairly turned into a jobber, Hawlucha has always been inconsistent, Goodra was just awful, and Noivern was an absolute disaster.
this man favorite word is jobber

Sidagam

Talonflame was consistent the whole way through XY. At no point was it "turned" into a Jobber. In the league it beat Sawyers Slaking and drew with Alains Unfezant. The only official battle it didn't get a loss in was the double battle vs Olympia. And it was never the Ace

With all this Greninja hate, it's pretty clear that Lucario is going to be absolutely despised in a couple years time lol

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

LucarioFTWs

Talonflame was consistent the whole way through XY. At no point was it "turned" into a Jobber. In the league it beat Sawyers Slaking and drew with Alains Unfezant. The only official battle it didn't get a loss in was the double battle vs Olympia. And it was never the Ace

With all this Greninja hate, it's pretty clear that Lucario is going to be absolutely despised in a couple years time lol
there isn’t much greninja hate. Serebii is a vocal minority if you go on youtube everyone wants greninja back. most people don’t care who takes the most screentime

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
there isn’t much greninja hate. Serebii is a vocal minority if you go on youtube everyone wants greninja back. most people don’t care who takes the most screentime
Youtube is also a minority, you know that right?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don't want him to be Ash's dad because there's absolutely nothing suggesting such a thing and trying to pretend "they've been related all along" when this show has gone out of its way to never imply anything like that in its 20+ years of airing sounds like incredibly bad writing.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I don't want Ash's dad to be Giovanni because it's too predictable and it would bring up alot of questions about why Giovanni did not recognize his own son.

Well, Delia would have broken up with Giovanni before Ash was born after finding out he was the leader of Team Rocket (which would have made Ash an out-of-wedlock baby). Thus, Giovanni would not know that Ash is his son unless he was told so by Ash upon being confronted by him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucarioFTWs said:

YouTube [much like Twitter] is just an echo chamber anyway, so I wouldn't use comments posted their as a source. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who like Gekkouga [otherwise it wouldn't have won the popularity poll], but that doesn't change the fact that there are also viewers who don't like the species. But while we're on the subject, I don't think that Satoshi's Gekkouga is returning soon anyway: Gekkouga appears on new merchandise practically every other week, but it's been that way ever since Gen VI started, so it probably doesn't foreshadow anything.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ibelinssj said:
Isn't this wild theory comes from American Pokemon Musical Stage?

Don't trust any of that.

That's probably how the theory gained momentum among Western fans, but I'm sure there were also plenty of fan theories about Satoshi being related to Sakaki even before that point. The theories probably should've faded after Satoshi and Sakaki met face to face since nothing came of that, but I guess hope springs eternal.

LucarioFTWs

YouTube [much like Twitter] is just an echo chamber anyway, so I wouldn't use comments posted their as a source. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who like Gekkouga [otherwise it wouldn't have won the popularity poll], but that doesn't change the fact that there are also viewers who don't like the species. But while we're on the subject, I don't think that Satoshi's Gekkouga is returning soon anyway: Gekkouga appears on new merchandise practically every other week, but it's been that way ever since Gen VI started, so it probably doesn't foreshadow anything.
True, I think they’ll bring back greninja when we go to the zygarde mini arc that’ll be happening since it looks like all the box legendaries are getting their time to shine. Maybe this was planned since Kalos? Hence why they left greninja on the roots.

MegaSalamence05

Now this is an interesting thought if this was Ash's last saga. ( I don't think it is).

Ash won the Alola League and became it's first and only Champion. Chairman Rose created the Pokemon World Championships. You have the ability to tie in alot of stuff with what I'm proposing. What if Chairman Rose was Ash's dad??

Tie in the Champion's League, the Pokemon league and the Pokrmom World Championships. As he was the head of it all.

The whole reason why he left was that as Ash was to be his final challenger and the whole reason why he left was until Ash gets his win tell him about the World Championships.

Decidueye23

Nah both made their true debuts in a flashback in a special after the XY finale.
Yeah. But i meant more like the current time line with respect to Ash and Co. And honestly that special was an insult to debut them.

It doesn’t excuse how they treated Talonflame and especially the rest post-Greninja. Everything was just Greninja now when it debuted for Ash. It was pathetic. Talonflame got unfairly turned into a jobber, Hawlucha has always been inconsistent, Goodra was just awful, and Noivern was an absolute disaster.

How is goodra aweful it was an absolute beast in the clemont gym battle, tied against a pokemon aginst whom half its moves were innefective ( Dragon pulse was completely innefective and slurpuff had flamethrower to counter icebeam), and was continuously hit by fairy wind a move super effective, and yet managed to tie, and lost to a move even AG or PEAKachu would have lost to had they been hit with it.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

You know when it comes to the legendaries shown in the opening I wonder if the pictures were hinting if they were getting separate episodes from each other or not?

For instance when it shows the legendary birds they are in separate photos from each other, while when it comes to Zacian and Zamazenta they were shown in the same photo together.

Status
Not open for further replies.