• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucarioFTWs

It really wasn't. All of them got plenty of screentime (yes even Naganadel when it was still a Poipole) even if it was basically Lycanroc and Incineroar (as a Torracat at the time) , and Rowlet was a marketing machine due to its cutesy appearance so it wasn't going to evolve anyways and the fact that it took so long to finally confirm that it wasn't going to seemed to be very obvious (if this is what you mean)
Rowlet is the best pokemon. It’s the first pokemon i didn’t want ash to have his pokemon evolve. It’s so cute when i play sun and moon i’m going to give rowlet an everstone too!

D

Deleted member 384931

Now watch as greninja appears during the climax of the dd arc one shot Eternatus to save the day and tiggers everyone XD.
Image that. Tbh I wouldnt be surprised if something like that would happen. We are talking about pokemon here

Decidueye23

It really wasn't. All of them got plenty of screentime (yes even Naganadel when it was still a Poipole) even if it was basically Lycanroc and Incineroar (as a Torracat at the time) , and Rowlet was a marketing machine due to its cutesy appearance so it wasn't going to evolve anyways and the fact that it took so long to finally confirm that it wasn't going to seemed to be very obvious (if this is what you mean)
I agree they all got good screen time and good arcs narratively .But Poipole was just there. Barely did anything. until it came back as naganadel. Torracat did not get to be a part of 1 grand trial atleast. i would say that they balanced them in the end by giving all of them a good battle in the league but until then Pikachu and Lycanrock, dominated the focus with rowlett getting a lot of gag focus and some battle focus.
This prob doesnt mean anything, but its odd that Yamper and Greninja are the only ones who arent part of the DD plot (not that we know)
i do think when they want to market ash's greninja they ll put the AG form insted of a regular greninja. So i dont think this is ash's greninja

nickdt

Exactly, since Rowlet was a marketing machine, it wasn't gonna evolve, meaning Marketing was involved, since if it wasn't, it would have evolved.

Jibanyan

People need to stop saying Riolu is similar to Greninja or Infernape, Frogadier evolved in the second year of XY and previous, the rest of Ash's Pokémon has lots of battles, especially Talonflame. Ash got Chimchar at the end of the first year of DP and while it had lots of focus as a Chimchar, it only evolved into Infernape at the last year of DP. It hasn't been even a year for Journeys and Riolu gets so much focus and will continue to get unless Ash gets a bigger shillmon and the rest gets barely anything, they are Palpitoad tier at this point because even the weakest Ash's Pokémon like Torkoal still had some screentime.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Exactly, since Rowlet was a marketing machine, it wasn't gonna evolve, meaning Marketing was involved, since if it wasn't, it would have evolved.
What I'm describing as the "marketing curse" is whatever mon Ash has getting way more screentime than the others than usual. SM was the first time none of Ash's mons got way more screentime than the others. Lycanroc ofc got the most but not by much and has ended up getting its focus shifted to Torracat at the time. In every other series it was like this:
OS (Kanto and Johto): Charizard
AG: Sceptile
DP: Infernape
XY: Greninja
JN: Lucario (for now since it's unknown if it'll keep alot of focus when it evolves during DD)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
People need to stop saying Riolu is similar to Greninja or Infernape, Frogadier evolved in the second year of XY and previous, the rest of Ash's Pokémon has lots of battles, especially Talonflame. Ash got Chimchar at the end of the first year of DP and while it had lots of focus as a Chimchar, it only evolved into Infernape at the last year of DP. It hasn't been even a year for Journeys and Riolu gets so much focus and will continue to get unless Ash gets a bigger shillmon and the rest gets barely anything, they are Palpitoad tier at this point because even the weakest Ash's Pokémon like Torkoal still had some screentime.
I agree, neither Infernape or Greninja were this bad at hogging screentime and it'll only get worse once Riolu evolves since Lucario are the writers favorite pets.

The XY squad was just Greninja and Pikachu hard carrying jobbers anyways, and a trainwreck in captures really. Even had the nerve to turn the original Kalos ace Talonflame into a jobber despite way more accomplishments and battles it had pre-Greninja. The two Dragons were absolute disasters, Goodra being one of the most pointless captures ever done and Noivern was just a useless jobber and prob the most useless mon Ash has ever owned.

I want to know who tf thought having 3 flyers was a good idea. Couldve had something else like an Aegislash but it was never meant to be.

And people got mad at me for mentioning that the salt toward AG from specific people was reaching astronomical levels lol. It's getting funnier and funnier to read.

PsychoLogical

I hope not. One shillmon per series is enough.
And then every shillmon Ash has returns later on and then Ash potentially catches even more shillmons cause why tf not. He just needs one from Johto, Hoenn, Unova, and Galar now to complete the set of having at least 1 shillmon from every region. (Tho... is there even a shillmon for Unova or Galar? hm)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If you consider the g-max forms, Ash already have g-max pikachu as a Kanto and Galar shillmon. From Unova...the dragon duo is very shilled. If not them, I'd say zoroa/zoroark, darmanitan (already taken) or volcarona? Personally, I vote for carracosta (archeops is ridiculous in so many levels).

If he's not getting marshtomp, I hope for something else from Houenn. Absol is the second best thing in shilling terms, or another oddball, like zangoose. And I still want girl meowstic as the Kalos representative, if greninja isn't coming back.

PsychoLogical

If you consider the g-max forms, Ash already have g-max pikachu as a Kanto and Galar shillmon. From Unova...the dragon duo is very shilled. If not them, I'd say zoroa/zoroark, darmanitan (already taken) or volcarona?

If he's not getting marshtomp, I hope for something else from Houenn. Absol is the second best thing in shilling terms, or another oddball, like zangoose.
Nah the ultimate shillmon of Hoenn is literally Blaziken :>
And nah, he still needs an actual Galar mon that could be a shillmon but I can't think of what candidate(s) that could be. In Unova, there's really no actual shillmon now that I think about it. There just really isn't.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
People need to stop saying Riolu is similar to Greninja or Infernape, Frogadier evolved in the second year of XY and previous, the rest of Ash's Pokémon has lots of battles, especially Talonflame. Ash got Chimchar at the end of the first year of DP and while it had lots of focus as a Chimchar, it only evolved into Infernape at the last year of DP.

Considering Infernape's overall win count in all forms, I would disagree because I clearly recall people hating on it for that(not that I cared, I enjoyed it), especially during the battle with Candice and of course the league match with Paul, going so far as to label it as worse than Charizard.

Greninja also did go there once the Ash-Greninja transformation plot kicked in as they focused on that more than the rest of his team.

It hasn't been even a year for Journeys and Riolu gets so much focus and will continue to get unless Ash gets a bigger shillmon and the rest gets barely anything, they are Palpitoad tier at this point because even the weakest Ash's Pokémon like Torkoal still had some screentime.

if Screentime alone was enough to give the "ace" status to a pokemon Totodile would've been Ash's jouto ace simply due to how much it was used compared to the others, but in the end it never had any good battle feats to it's name other than beating Sneasal in the league, and that's pretty sad all things considered.

It matters more to me what a pokemon does combat wise than what it does screentime wise, because just seeing it a lot doesn't mean it's going to be a strong fighter.

Even then if Riolu does turn out to be Ash's "Ace" I wouldn't have a problem with it given how popular it is overall and the fact that I do like it, I mean if it was a pokemon that you liked you'd probably look the other way yourself and not be hating it.

Last edited:

Applecorp

And people got mad at me for mentioning that the salt toward AG from specific people was reaching astronomical levels lol. It's getting funnier and funnier to read.

What's your point? His post perfectly outlines why Greninja and Pika to a lesser extent stole the focus from Talonflame, Noivern and Goodra which is 100% correct. Why do Greninja fans try to move the goalposts any time people point out how exposed he was and how his spotlight hogging hurt other Pokemon on the team?

Pikachu can be blamed for some of that sure but Greninja got way more development and attention back then so it's completely fair to complain about the frog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.