• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
Considering Infernape's overall win count in all forms, I would disagree because I clearly recall people hating on it for that(not that I cared, I enjoyed it), especially during the battle with Candice and of course the league match with Paul, going so far as to label it as worse than Charizard.

He received a lot of focus even as a Hikozaru, which extended all the way until he evolved into Goukazaru, so I can see why some viewers were exasperated by his character arc since it went on for about three years. And while I don't hate Goukazaru now, I do wish that he'd gotten less battle screen-time in some of the Gyms.

World Turtle

If you consider the g-max forms, Ash already have g-max pikachu as a Kanto and Galar shillmon. From Unova...the dragon duo is very shilled. If not them, I'd say zoroa/zoroark, darmanitan (already taken) or volcarona? Personally, I vote for carracosta (archeops is ridiculous in so many levels).

If he's not getting marshtomp, I hope for something else from Houenn. Absol is the second best thing in shilling terms, or another oddball, like zangoose. And I still want girl meowstic as the Kalos representative, if greninja isn't coming back.

I too would like Zangoose. Then Jessie brings back Seviper. Or Gou catches one and Looney Tunes styled shenanigans result.

Dragapult.
That could work.

Yes please.

What's your point? His post perfectly outlines why Greninja and Pika to a lesser extent stole the focus from Talonflame, Noivern and Goodra which is 100% correct. Why do Greninja fans try to move the goalposts any time people point out how exposed he was and how his spotlight hogging hurt other Pokemon on the team?

Pikachu can be blamed for some of that sure but Greninja got way more development and attention back then so it's completely fair to complain about the frog.

His post doesn't perfectly outline anything. If you think a host of exaggerations mean anything, be my guest.

Goodra had a perfect arc. Nothing about AG somehow " stole " the focus from Goodra. People should go back and watch Goodra's story arc. It's incredibly concise and hard-hitting with great emotional resonance. It was done even before the 8th gym. Hard choice between the Korrina arc and the Goodra arc in determining my overall rank of arcs in XY/XYZ...

As already outlined in a prior post, Talonflame was a major force in almost every gym battle. There's absolutely nothing to the suggestion that AG somehow stole the focus from Talonflame.

The only Pokemon that was hampered by AG was Noivern and I'm perfectly willing to cede that point. However, if I had to choose between more Noivern development to the detriment of AG, I would choose what was in the show itself.

Where did I move the goalposts? Clearly, I was just making fun of the irrational hate AG is subject to.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:
Yeah I think it'd be better for the kiddos if Ash's dad was a nobody. As much as I like when the hero is destined for greatness because of their bloodline, I feel that the plot line where the hero becomes great through hard work can also be a pretty fun story.

Thankfully there's no sign that Satoshi's father will be important in this series anyway, so I'm not really worried about Satoshi being destined to be a great trainer just because of his father's supposed legacy. I really loathe the "destined child" trope.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
I too would like Zangoose. Then Jessie brings back Seviper. Or Gou catches one and Looney Tunes styled shenanigans result.

Zangoose is pure Normal however which isn't particularly useful or interesting as a type, and Zangoose is almost a gimmick Pokemon as well due to its well-known rivalry with Habunake. I suppose that I could overlook the plainness of Zangoose's type, but I don't like the idea of it being a novelty Pokemon, which is almost certainly what it would become if it were to join the cast.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It’s almost like the fan base isn’t one person and that it wasn’t an unanimous opinion for wanting Ash to get Lucario.

Speaking entirely by myself and myself only:

I've never, ever wanted Ash to get Riolu... Or Lucario for that matter. He getting it is the only negative on Journeys for me so far.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Speaking entirely by myself and myself only:

I've never, ever wanted Ash to get Riolu... Or Lucario for that matter. He getting it is the only negative on Journeys for me so far.
You aren’t really the only person with that thought anyways.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I’ll talk by myself, but I always liked the idea of Ash with a lucario, but as an average mon, not different of any other capture. Obviously is impossible, but, I prefer wait and see what they’ll do.

Nah the ultimate shillmon of Hoenn is literally Blaziken :>
And nah, he still needs an actual Galar mon that could be a shillmon but I can't think of what candidate(s) that could be. In Unova, there's really no actual shillmon now that I think about it. There just really isn't.
My personal favorite is hatterene, even if it's "girly” and probably not the most shilled Galar mon. I like the irony of a pokemon that likes silence being trained by Ash “so loud” Ketchum. Also, Ash will have a “knight”, depending on how much time sirfetch’d will debut, a “witch” sounds fitting.

Also, I don’t see the appeal in dragapult. It looks...derpy.

If was my choice, it would be pikachu + occasional reserves, plus:

Region hop team: Gengar, tyranitar, zangoose, lucario, carracosta, female meowstic, golisopod
Galar team: Rolycoly, hatterene, sirfetch'd, drednaw, duraludon, inteleon

Zangoose is pure Normal however which isn't particularly useful or interesting as a type, and Zangoose is almost a gimmick Pokemon as well due to its well-known rivalry with Habunake. I suppose that I could overlook the plainness of Zangoose's type, but I don't like the idea of it being a novelty Pokemon, which is almost certainly what it would become if it were to join the cast.
Personally, normal types are kinda versatile in comparison to other types and zangoose have actually a good movepool and a cool design (my opinion). But, again, it’s everything personal taste. I used zangoose during gen VI and it was very useful. Also, it’s better than, let’s say, give Ash slaking or bewear, who are essentially another versions of his snorlax.

Last edited:

LucarioFTWs

People always acting like if AG wasn’t there all of ash’s pokemon will get the same amount of screentime. There would just be another ace in the place of AG. There will never be a series that gives all of his pokemon equal time on the screen because of pikachu. Pikachu usually has 2x amount of battles than any other pokemon including the ace. This is especially looking bad in journeys. Ash is using Pikachu for literally every battle. It’s not riolu’s fault that pikachu is taking all the screentime. Riolu is literally a baby pokemon too it need screentime to develop. On top of that we aren’t even 1/3rd of the way in the series. I’m sure the other pokemon will get their own arcs. Just be patient

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Now this is an interesting thought if this was Ash's last saga. ( I don't think it is).

Ash won the Alola League and became it's first and only Champion. Chairman Rose created the Pokemon World Championships. You have the ability to tie in alot of stuff with what I'm proposing. What if Chairman Rose was Ash's dad??

Tie in the Champion's League, the Pokemon league and the Pokrmom World Championships. As he was the head of it all.

The whole reason why he left was that as Ash was to be his final challenger and the whole reason why he left was until Ash gets his win tell him about the World Championships.
Rose being Ash's dad would make him look even worse: he can recklessly recreate a cataclysmic event to stop a crisis that's thousand years in the future but can't check in on his son?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Rose being Ash's dad would make him look even worse: he can recklessly recreate a cataclysmic event to stop a crisis that's thousand years in the future but can't check in on his son?
It's the point of his character. He's so focused on the future that he neglects the present.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:

I don't like that scenario either, although in my case it's because I find the thought of Satoshi's father suddenly being important to be rather contrived since he wasn't needed in the past. The writers taking Rose and turning him into Satoshi's father in the anime would just feel forced to me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't like that scenario either, although in my case it's because I find the thought of Satoshi's father suddenly being important to be rather contrived since he wasn't needed in the past. The writers taking Rose and turning him into Satoshi's father in the anime would just feel forced to me.
Agreed. Doesn't help that Rose has little build up

Leonhart

Imagineer
LucarioFTWs said:
People always acting like if AG wasn’t there all of ash’s pokemon will get the same amount of screentime. There would just be another ace in the place of AG.

While I won't deny that possibility, I think I still would've rather seen Luchabull for instance be Satoshi's ace Pokemon back then. He was already quite popular, but probably not in a way that would've caused Fiarrow to be overshadowed, and I also think that Onvern would've gotten more screen-time even with Luchabull around than he did with Gekkouga hanging around. But I don't like "what if" scenarios that deal with things that can never be changed: what's done is done.

Ultra Beast Lover

Honestly, I don't really care who Ash's dad is anymore. I did when I was a kid but I think that, as I've gotten older, I've pretty much stopped caring. It could be that, since this series is episodic and ongoing, I just figure it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Or maybe it's the fact that once we see him there won't be anymore mystery, just us watching Ash endlessly go for a goal till we die.

esquilo09

Zangoose is more of a Go capture, because it's not popular and Ash's current team consists of popular Pokémon(Dragonite, Core-Gengar and Riolu) and Pokémon that can evolve into popular ones(G-Farfetch'd to Sirfetch'd.).

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, and what's popular in Houenn? Absol, blaziken, gardevoir? Because I'm damn sure Ash isn't getting blaziken and absol/gardevoir is still on hold.

I like zangoose, so I'll keep my vote, unless Ash actually get marshtomp next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.