• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
In my opinion, the writers really need to learn to balance the screentime giving to Gou or Satoshi. If Gou can get so much more episodes, so much more focus and Satoshi gets the minimum amount, than why not retire him? Like out of ep 30-40 ep 32,33,38,40 focussed on Gou, while ep 30,34,39 focussed on Satoshi and ep 31,35,36, 37 are shared (but you could argue). Sometimes it doesnt feel like they are duo-protagonists, but rather Gou+ sometimes Satoshi. This is my opinion, I dont hate Gou, the focus is just waaay to much.

How is a single episode indicative of bad balance?

kickachu

Momentai!
I think yamper might be a stow away thats why it's with ash

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuquÊ? said:
Buneary and lopunny are typically treated like girls animewise, even if their gender ratio is also 50/50, because their look IS girly. Leavanny have a more "androgynous" look, if I can put like that, so, it doesn't matter that much. Even if I think Ash's leavanny be a girl would make more sense. AND there's genderless things like meloetta, who screams GIRL.

I can overlook that the anime portrayed Meloetta as female since the anime doesn't usually adhere to the whole genderless thing that the games are so fond of when it comes to most Legendaries and Mythicals. I just find it unavailing to worry about the genders of Satoshi's Pokemon since genders hardly ever matter outside of some Pokemon interaction scenes and rare Attract moments in battles.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just assume that Ash's Pokemon are male, it's most often the case anyways. I don't care what gender his Pokemon are, it means little as Attract is hardly even utilized and more often than not his Pokemon are confirmed to be male. Majority of the BW mons were, his entire SM team was...

In my opinion, the writers really need to learn to balance the screentime giving to Gou or Satoshi. If Gou can get so much more episodes, so much more focus and Satoshi gets the minimum amount, than why not retire him? Like out of ep 30-40 ep 32,33,38,40 focussed on Gou, while ep 30,34,39 focussed on Satoshi and ep 31,35,36, 37 are shared (but you could argue). Sometimes it doesnt feel like they are duo-protagonists, but rather Gou+ sometimes Satoshi. This is my opinion, I dont hate Gou, the focus is just waaay to much.

And Ash needs a new Pokemon already, they dedicated two capture episodes in a freaking row for Goh(then immediately gave him another, Ash episode, yet another capture attempt) yet it's been forever since Ash has had a new Pokemon.
10 episodes for his first catch, 6 later Gengar joined, 5 Riolu, 5 Farfetch'd, currently 13 and nothing... I'll literally accept anything other than Grookey and the abomination fossils at this rate, Goh can have those

Hopefully Marshtomp happens as him having a full team would make him not catching things for long periods feel less of an annoyance. If not that, hopefully Rookidee or Dreepy

If they keep it going I might start fearing that those "Ash is getting Mewtwo" people might actually be onto something, I love Mewtwo but man do I hope that doesn't happen! Aside from me never wanting Mewtwo/Mew captured, how are any of his future captures going to look if he got freaking Mewtwo?! That should be the final catch of the saga, not the 5th lol

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It isnt, it is a problem I noticed I got for a while now, it kinda bothers me

It's not like I don't understand where the feeling comes from, even though I feel like there are more joint focus episodes then solo focus, those tend to have Ash in a mentor role while Goh is the student, which can make it feel like Goh is being pushed to the forefront.

However like the Visquez and Bea matches show us, when Ash has big matches, Goh is pretty much not in the episode, and those types of matches are only going to increase as we move further into the series. Which when combined with Goh no longer needing as much mentoring, will likely help both characters get more meaningful screen time.

D

Deleted member 384931

It's not like I don't understand where the feeling comes from, even though I feel like there are more joint focus episodes then solo focus, those tend to have Ash in a mentor role while Goh is the student, which can make it feel like Goh is being pushed to the forefront.

However like the Visquez and Bea matches show us, when Ash has big matches, Goh is pretty much not in the episode, and those types of matches are only going to increase as we move further into the series. Which when combined with Goh no longer needing as much mentoring, will likely help both characters get more meaningful screen time.
I hope so

I can overlook that the anime portrayed Meloetta as female since the anime doesn't usually adhere to the whole genderless thing that the games are so fond of when it comes to most Legendaries and Mythicals. I just find it unavailing to worry about the genders of Satoshi's Pokemon since genders hardly ever matter outside of some Pokemon interaction scenes and rare Attract moments in battles.
The game give Zamazenta and Zacian genderless status while at the same time the pokedex say Zacian is the sister while Zamazenta is the brother.

Which when combined with Goh no longer needing as much mentoring, will likely help both characters get more meaningful screen time.
Earlier, they have equal screen time because Ash mentoring and Goh learning. But in the last 10 episodes Goh no longer need mentorship and ended up with increase in focus toward Goh while Ash lost his screentime as mentor.

nickdt

I'll never understand why it's considered to be a feminine Pokemon when it's essentially just a mantis-looking Bug-type. Its gender ratio is 50/50 as well, so it's not like people can claim that the species is more prone to being female than male. I can sort of understand the logic of Chikorita's line looking feminine, but not so much Hahakomori.

Its because of the dress and the stance.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The game give Zamazenta and Zacian genderless status while at the same time the pokedex say Zacian is the sister while Zamazenta is the brother.
The term 'genderless' means the gender is unknown, not that it doesn't have one (obviously doesn't apply to all of them). Also, Game Freak has been designing the box Legendaries to be masculine and feminine since as early as Gen V.

Akashin

I'll never understand why it's considered to be a feminine Pokemon when it's essentially just a mantis-looking Bug-type. Its gender ratio is 50/50 as well, so it's not like people can claim that the species is more prone to being female than male. I can sort of understand the logic of Chikorita's line looking feminine, but not so much Hahakomori.

Its because of the dress and the stance.

Could also have to do with it being the Nurturing Pokemon and its Japanese name including the word 'mother'.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Isnt that kinda quick?
What isn’t so quick in this series. They can simply just delay things from there with IOA and CT arcs/mini arcs and other shenanigans while also making the climb after reaching Hyper an even harder task.

Status
Not open for further replies.