• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Are you talking about Challenger, right?

Not fan of it as well. Among all the Rika Matsumoto's opening, that's the weakest and most unfitting her talent. Good thing we end up getting Spurt so the mandatory Rika OP on AG would have some good representation

Oh, no, I’m mixing things, it’s AG third op, Pokemon Symphonic Medley, I don’t like. To be quite honest, I didn’t remember Challenger until you bring it.o_O

OP wise, I find AG’s Advance Adventure, Battle Frontier and Spurt the best ones hands down. The DP openings are kinda an acquired taste (and just the first and the last ones), these were too happy and sappy for a saga with so many heavy moments. High Touch is so meh. And BW first op is pretty much the saga’s only good song.

XY/Z and SM openings are easily in my top 10.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Egakor said:
After watching episode 40, I’m starting to think Gou is the main protagnist of Journeys despite it being a series with double protagonists.
He has more focus than Ash lately and his development is good so I have no complaint.
Though I would be happy if they just said Gou is the main protagonist instead of advertising the series with the “double protagonist” thing.

I don't agree that he's the main focus of this series as opposed to Satoshi. Gou's gotten more episodes where he's the star lately, but Satoshi has always had a role in those episodes as well. So far Gou's gotten about the same amount of attention that Hikari received during the first year of DP, yet nobody would claim that she was the main protagonist in DP.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
Flapple fits him the most, because its faster. is a tank and Ash can't work with those, however, if i need to choose between Flapple or Appletun, i want Appletun for him.

I prefer Tarupple as well even though it looks clumsy and slow. Appryu's design doesn't appeal to me, mainly because it looks too lanky.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So a Pokemon just crossed my mind today.

Toxel to be precise!
250px-848Toxel.png

So how do we feel about this little guy and it's Evolution Toxtricity?

Since there are no Poison or Electric Type Gym Leaders in the Galar Region, it only makes sense for either Ash or Gou (or both) to showcase the Toxel line.

Considering that there are 2 forms of Toxtricity I can see both Ash and Gou getting their own Toxel each.

And given Toxtricity's massive popularity I'd say that the odd of at least (1) Toxel ending up on the main cast is pretty good likelihood.

Only problems with this is:

1.) I know some people would probably find it repetitive for Ash to have another Baby Pokémon hatched from an Egg. Not mention another Electric Type Pokémon (unless they utilize it's Poison side more)

2.) With Gou already having Sobble, him having another crybaby Pokémon on his team seems a bit superfluous. (Unless they evolve Sobble and let Toxel take over the baby role? Or they'd just let Goh have two crybabies to deal with lol)

But if they do both get a Toxel then I can see Ash with the Amped Form
  • Toxel evolves into Toxtricity Amped Form if its Nature is Hardy, Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Docile, Impish, Lax, Hasty, Jolly, Naive, Rash, Sassy, or Quirky.
And I can see Goh getting the Low-key Form
  • Toxel evolves into Toxtricity Low Key Form if its Nature is Lonely, Bold, Relaxed, Timid, Serious, Modest, Mild, Quiet, Bashful, Calm, Gentle, or Careful.

Of course there is also the possibility that the writers could just end up wasting the Line on Team Rocket Gacha BS instead! Wouldn't that be GREAT? :)

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Isn't that more so because of the genius idea to give him Farfetch'd right after Riolu instead of something else that they have planned for him? It's not like Farfetch'd was needed for Bea since they just tossed him aside for more Pikachu

Another Electric type could get on just fine, Naganadel having an Electric attack felt like an experiment similar to the Pokeride Garchomp. I'm still hoping for Zeraora and Toxtricity

Uh what?
Zapdos was on the poster, that was it. The only hint at it possibly getting caught was during the opening and thankfully that didn't come to pass(The one time I'm happy for opening clickbait, unlike the Sinnoh League Lucario/Entei, Charizard/Reshiram hype, Ash's Grubbin...)

The poster showcased Pokemon that are either having episodes roles like Zapdos and possibly joining the cast in some cases like Chloe's Eevee, Morpeko possibly joining Team Rocket officially....
Mew was on the poster, that was a dead giveaway not everything there gets caught

Chloe is getting Eevee, they already confirmed it. It was never like SM Eevee/Sobble anyways, it was pictured with Chloe on the poster as if it's her mascot like Pikachu/Lucario are for Ash and Cinderace is Goh. Not like when Eevee was front and center on the SM poster alongside Ash, giving the implication that it is Ash's and then Sobble's picture was placed alongside Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu...(I'm never getting over this but giving Ash an Swampert/Empoleon would be a good start)

What's the big deal with Ash getting Eevee anyways? It'd likely wind up Umbreon/Espeon and there's still Tyranitar as a suitable Johto capture. I'd rather he get Eevee in a region where they wake up and realize that the Eeveelutions are why everyone loves the species and make a new one
That Sinnoh league opening was Inferape vs Entei not Lucario, but I agree with you for not liking those other clickbait openings since they could have been awesome to see if they had happened instead.
I don't think Ash will ever get an Eevee for 2 simple reasons
Its the secondary mascot ever since Sun and Moon (Meaning it ain't gonna evolve) and Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company associate Eevee with girls, as seen in the Sword and Shield games that when you choose to play with the female protag, there is a plush Eevee next to the Switch on a cabinet, while with the male protag its a Pikachu.
He doesn’t need to get an Eevee, with the way they handled Dragonite and Gengar by letting Ash catch them fully evolved, the writers and anime staff can easily give Ash the Eeveelution as is instead of giving him an Eevee and evolving into one.

PsychoLogical

Toxel to be precise!
250px-848Toxel.png

Since there are no Poison or Electric Type Gym Leaders in the Galar Region, it only makes sense for either Ash or Gou (or both) to showcase the Toxel line.

Considering that there are 2 forms of Toxtricity I can see both Ash and Gou getting their own Toxel each.

And given Toxtricity's massive popularity I'd say that the odd of at least (1) Toxel ending up on the main cast is pretty good likelihood.

1.) I know some people would probably find it repetitive for Ash to have another Baby Pokémon hatched from an Egg. Not mention another Electric Type Pokémon (unless they utilize it's Poison side more)

2.) With Gou already having Sobble, him having another crybaby Pokémon on his team seems a bit superfluous. (Unless they evolve Sobble and let Toxel take over the baby role? Or they'd just let Goh have two crybabies to deal with lol)

• Toxel evolves into Toxtricity Amped Form if its Nature is Hardy, Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Docile, Impish, Lax, Hasty, Jolly, Naive, Rash, Sassy, or Quirky.
  • Toxel evolves into Toxtricity Low Key Form if its Nature is Lonely, Bold, Relaxed, Timid, Serious, Modest, Mild, Quiet, Bashful, Calm, Gentle, or Careful.

Of course there is also the possibility that the writers could just end up wasting the Line on Team Rocket Gacha BS instead! Wouldn't that be GREAT? :)
Sounds good to me. Since this is a dual-protagonist exclusive series and there’s two Toxtricity forms, would be perfect if both got a Toxel and then they evolve into the respective forms :>

Master Pikachu 11

Toxel to be precise!
250px-848Toxel.png

As I mentioned in a post prior to this on tab 1172, about Ash getting a second electric type, I expect that given Toxtricity is popular and it has two forms which makes it the Lycanroc of Gen 8. I expect Ash and Goh to each get a Toxel and each of them evolve into their respective forms. Goh can get one for his poke dex, while Ash can use his to showcase in battles. This is a win-win situation for both protagonists.

PsychoLogical

As I mentioned in a post prior to this on tab 1172, about Ash getting a second electric type, I expect that given Toxtricity is popular and it has two forms which makes it the Lycanroc of Gen 8. I expect Ash and Goh to each get a Toxel and each of them evolve into their respective forms. Goh can get one for his poke dex, while Ash can use his to showcase in battles. This is a win-win situation for both protagonists.
The true question tho is if the writers are willing to take this opportunity whenever they go back to Galar multiple times again post DD arc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh, no, I’m mixing things, it’s AG third op, Pokemon Symphonic Medley, I don’t like. To be quite honest, I didn’t remember Challenger until you bring it.o_O

OP wise, I find AG’s Advance Adventure, Battle Frontier and Spurt the best ones hands down. The DP openings are kinda an acquired taste (and just the first and the last ones), these were too happy and sappy for a saga with so many heavy moments. High Touch is so meh. And BW first op is pretty much the saga’s only good song.

XY/Z and SM openings are easily in my top 10.

I agree that those 3 are some of the best songs in the show. I'll admit I do like Together and really enjoyed High Touch though.

SM does have some nice openings even if Future Connection feels like the weak link (it's not bad but not outstanding either)

PsychoLogical

I agree that those 3 are some of the best songs in the show. I'll admit I do like Together and really enjoyed High Touch though.

SM does have some nice openings even if Future Connection feels like the weak link (it's not bad but not outstanding either)
Hm funny cause I actually like Future Connection the most out of the SM openings while I just outright hated “Your Adventure”.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The true question tho is if the writers are willing to take this opportunity whenever they go back to Galar multiple times again post DD arc.
They can allow themselves to give him another mon with electric attacks, as was with naganadel. I think a second electric type wouldn't be that impossible, but not quite necessary too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A second eletric could work if it focus on the physical side. Like a shiny Shinx with Thunder Fang and Spark/Wild Charge

Hm funny cause I actually like Future Connection the most out of the SM openings while I just outright hated “Your Adventure”.

I think Your Adventure was great. Sad there was no Rika Matsumoto version though.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well there's definitely still more Pokémon opportunities to be caught in Galar post DD Arc (with Grookey being the biggest one)

Considering that none of the major characters in Galar have a Toxtricity nor do any of them specialize in Electric/Poison types.
And combined with the fact that they have 2 separate forms and Journeys has 2 Protagonists....

I think it's pretty much a dead ringer that Toxtricity will join the main cast eventually

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well there's definitely still more Pokémon opportunities to be caught in Galar post DD Arc (with Grookey being the biggest one)

Considering that none of the major characters in Galar have a Toxtricity nor do any of them specialize in Electric/Poison types.
Marnie and Piers.

Status
Not open for further replies.