• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
so since goh failed to catch zapdos least he can learn more about mew in mew two episode

Presumably, although I don't think it'll truly advance Gou's goal. I feel like Mewtwo appearing soon is more for show than because the writers are genuinely interested on expanding on Gou's goal of catching Mew.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Noivern was absolutely rushed lol. It didn't do **** for like 20 episodes and then evolved.
Noivern was a mistake of a capture anyways. Only done to try to replace Goodra who was just as pointless.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Noivern was a mistake of a capture anyways. Only done to try to replace Goodra who was just as pointless.

Facts lol. Most of Ash's Kalos team was pointless tbh.

PsychoLogical

Really hope the corocoro scans arent definitive, would seem dumb to give Goh Zacian and Ash Zamazenta when the other way around makes so much more sense
Likely aren’t. Ash in magazines during this new series very often has him facing the right while Go faces the left. Zacian is only facing the left due to how it holds its blade where it’s basically right-handed.

ShadowForce720

Not really if we’re talking about most of Ash’s Kalos team they were very active in the gyms. Heck considering the only members that didn’t really have that many wins or participate in that many gym battles were Goodra and Noivern and that’s not really most of the Kalos team.

So to say that most of the Kalos team was pointless when more then half of the team were active and had good records is ridiculous.

Master Pikachu 11

Wonder if they will pull another bait and switch but with the wolf duo this time?
How would they pull the bait and switch again, by using CoroCoro to make it look like Zamazenta with Ash and Zacian with Goh and then switch the wolves in the actual episodes to the appropriate trainer?
inb4 Zacian assists Ash in beating Leon and Zamazenta aids Goh in catching Mew.
That would actually be really interesting, but what would make the battle with Leon interesting is if he is the one that actually catches Eternatus, which then means Ash would then have to for sure catch Zacian to counter Leon. It make the battle interesting and would be something new that we haven’t really seen before.

PsychoLogical

Considering it was literally just Greninja and Pikachu just hard-carrying the entire team for the rest of the series when Ash-Greninja unfortunately became a thing, I have to sadly agree.

ShadowForce720

Considering it was literally just Greninja and Pikachu just hard-carrying the entire team for the rest of the series when Ash-Greninja unfortunately became a thing, I have to sadly agree.

While it’s true that Ash-Greninja got a lot of the attention in the last part of the series that doesn’t change the point that for a vast majority of the series Hawlucha and Talonflame we’re still relevant.

So no, Talonflame and Hawlucha were not pointless.

Master Pikachu 11

Only the dragons were pointless, Talonflame participated in almost every single gym battle except against Clemont and Hawlucha had a good portion of battles that it participated in as well.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I do look forward to seeing how the show portrays G-Farfetch'd's evolution into Sirfetch'd, considering it's one of the more "unique" evo's out there.

Edit: I agree, Hawlucha and Talonflame definitely pulled their weight on the kalos team, it was really only Goodra and Noivern that didn't really help out that much.

Sadly the "running with 4" trend didn't start with Kalos or Alola, Hoenn did it too considering Ash clearly didn't need Torkoal and Jason was caught late and only helped out in the league, the other four pretty much carried that region themselves, and yes Pikachu is counted as one of the "4"

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not really if we’re talking about most of Ash’s Kalos team they were very active in the gyms. Heck considering the only members that didn’t really have that many wins or participate in that many gym battles were Goodra and Noivern and that’s not really most of the Kalos team.

So to say that most of the Kalos team was pointless when more then half of the team were active and had good records is ridiculous.

For me they were pointless. Kalos was the first region where I just really didn't care about more then half of Ash's team. Talonflame and Greninja were great but Hawlucha was just there, the dragons didn't do much of anything, and Pikachu was Pikachu.

LucarioFTWs

For me they were pointless. Kalos was the first region where I just really didn't care about more then half of Ash's team. Talonflame and Greninja were great but Hawlucha was just there, the dragons didn't do much of anything, and Pikachu was Pikachu.
Greninja and Pikachu were hard carrying, Hawlucha and talonflame carried their weight, the other two were absolute grookey-dookey. However i would say noivern isn’t terrible as it got a fair share of battles especially since how late it was caught.

Master Pikachu 11

Greninja and Pikachu were hard carrying, Hawlucha and talonflame carried their weight, the other two were absolute trash. However i would say noivern isn’t terrible as it got a fair share of battles especially since how late it was caught.
i don’t remember Noivern getting a fair share of battles as I hardly call 4 battles a fair share. It lost to Metang before the league and Weavile during the league both belonged to Alain. It did defeat Doublade, and tied with Salamance both belonged to Sawyer. It also didn’t get to participate in a single gym battle which I find to be an absolute travesty. So it’s treatment was not great at all which is sad because I really like Noivern as a Pokémon

Lol, AG, Talonflame, and Hawlucha had around the same # of battles(15-20). Why do people just hilariously make stuff up? Did people just forget XY in general? Froakie/Frogadier was used in two gym battles in before Olympia. Talonflame was in 7/8 gym battles. Hawlucha was in 5/8 in totality.

Man, the insanity here is just ludicrous.

Here's a convenient chart
dfiwpjqn6yp51.jpg

- The orange line represents the average number of battles of each regional team
- For XY specifically, if it was done in a pie chart, the data would look like this:
  • Pikachu: 38.37% of the circle
  • Greninja: 21.20% of the circle
  • Talonflame: 19.18% of the circle
  • Hawlucha: 16.16% of the circle
  • Noivern: 5.5% of the circle
  • Goodra: 4.4% of the circle
If people want to complain about Noivern and Goodra, there's a case to be made there, especially with Noivern. In fact, Noivern was obviously not well-handled. I'd heavily disagree with you on Goodra since I happen to adore his arc, but there's still a debate there to be had.

What I didn't think there would be comments made that were as idiotic as the person who claimed Noivern was stronger than AG lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.