• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now, what pokemon could Satoshi catch after evolving Lucario?
Just something that’s worth the wait and can give some more diversity in the rotation roster. I guess.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
They should just debut and dump it to Go when they head back to Galar in a bit post DD arc since I just see no purpose for it now considering it’s debuting outrageously late unless they’re willing to rush its evolutions to oblivion if they have it go to Ash.
Didn't one of the director's say something about Grookey's Debut having a "great impact"? Whatever that means

No matter who it goes to either Cinderace or Lucario is going to have to take a backseat.

If Ash gets he'll have to focus on Grookey since it'll likely be outside of it's Pokeball at all times like Cinderace and Sobble are.

If Gou catches Grookey, how tf is Gou gonna juggle having 3 walking Pokemon? Since like I said, Grookey's going to be outside it's Pokeball much like Sobble and Cinderace are. And unlike Sobble the writers can't use the excuse of being too timid to battle with Grookey

Calling it now! Grookey's going to cause a great impact because he's going to shake up the one of Team Dynamics.

PsychoLogical

Didn't one of the director's say something about Grookey's Debut having a "great impact"? Whatever that means

No matter who it goes to either Cinderace or Lucario is going to have to take a backseat.

If Ash gets he'll have to focus on Grookey since it'll likely be outside of it's Pokeball at all times like Cinderace and Sobble are.

If Gou catches Grookey, how tf is Gou gonna juggle having 3 walking Pokemon? Since like I said, Grookey's going to be outside it's Pokeball much like Sobble and Cinderace are. And unlike Sobble the writers can't use the excuse of being too timid to battle with Grookey

Calling it now! Grookey's going to cause a great impact because he's going to shake up the one of Team Dynamics.
Like what dynamics lmao. And I really want to know what they’re planning to do with Sobble. For what it’s worth I’m going to be extremely disappointed if they decide to have it not evolve at all.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
In the new poster, several Pokemon have been moved because of the space taken by Cinderace and Lucario.

+ Sudowoodo, Togepi and Cyndaquil are now in Johto's tower.
+ Smoochum and Magby are also in the Johto's tower.
+ Espeon and Umbreon are in Johto's tower too.
+ Garchomp is now next to Regigigas.
+ Pyukumuku is now next to Meltan and Mimikyu.

However, I can't see Gardevoir in the poster anymore.

Low quality, but Gardevoir is between Cinderace's foot and Mareep.

Ugh Lucario being on that poster just pisses me off.

It gets enough attention as is. When is enough going to be enough?

This is obviously the Cinderace and Lucario show, Pikachu is only there because they need to include it.

Grookey could be put with either Ash or Goh, they already have Sobble turn invisible whenever they are too lazy to decide what to do with/ animate him.

Master Pikachu 11

Ekkut39XEAEOrNA

This started surfacing on twitter where it seems the main poster got updated for the third time. Take with a grain of salt but at the same time it looks too legit to me. Partly cause of unfortunately Lucario and Cinderace since that’s basically who matters right now RIP lmao :> (I was being sarcastic regarding that just fyi)
Sobble isn’t in the middle either with Goh and Cinderrace, really strange since it’s also important to Goh’s team, while Ash has two Pokémon on his side.

Mythical-Moonlight

Like what dynamics lmao. And I really want to know what they’re planning to do with Sobble. For what it’s worth I’m going to be extremely disappointed if they decide to have it not evolve at all.
By Dynamics I meant that Grookey could either finally give Ash another Pokémon to focus on besides Lucario (tho I wish he would focus on G. Farfetch'd) or give Gou another walk mon to join Cinderace and Sobble's little "brotherhood". (Though having 5 walking Pokemon seems a little excessive to me imo. Pikachu, Lucario, Cinderace, Sobble and Grookey seems like too much imo)

Honestly the only surprising thing about that poster is Sobble not being there considering he's usually out lol.
Come to think of it. Sobble wasn't present in the Calendar that had Pikachu, Lucario and Cinderace either.
Feels a bit suspicious imo...

Mythical-Moonlight

Well maybe Grookey can debut in the lab og prof Magnolia?
I doubt it. I feel like if Grookey were showing up soon that would've been spoiled by now.

Like how Sobble and Korrina were spoiled in advance before they actually showed up.

With Grookey it's just been Radio silence. No promotions, isn't on the poster with Eevee, Dracovish and the rest, and etc...
I'm sure that they'd be hyping up the debut of the final Starter to appear in the show

ShadowForce720

I doubt it. I feel like if Grookey were showing up soon that would've been spoiled by now.

Like how Sobble and Korrina were spoiled in advance before they actually showed up.

With Grookey it's just been Radio silence. No promotions, isn't on the poster with Eevee, Dracovish and the rest, and etc...
I'm sure that they'd be hyping up the debut of the final Starter to appear in the show

And before the big impact turns out to be that Grookey winds up being the first starter that doesn’t wind up on the main cast during it’s respective generation. It and Thwackey just wind up being Pokémon of the day and Rillaboom winds up belonging to Leon. lol

PsychoLogical

I meant the Pokemon in the background.
Only some minor changes have been made like Garchomp’s position where its now on the mountain.

Mythical-Moonlight

He is still there on the poster, he is just not in the middle with Goh, you can see it with Grookey on top of the clock tower.
I think they meant they're surprised Sobble's not in the foreground like Lucario is (despite there also being a Lucario in the background...)

And before the big impact turns out to be that Grookey winds up being the first starter that doesn’t wind up on the main cast during it’s respective generation. It and Thwackey just wind up being Pokémon of the day and Rillaboom winds up belonging to Leon. lol
If only this could've happened to the Tepig line :rolleyes:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

We've been getting future event previews every ten or so eps. We're likely to get another sooner or later.

kickachu

Momentai!
question what catches should we except from the new poster besides whats happen so far

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Well maybe Grookey can debut in the lab og prof Magnolia?

I suppose it could happen later, but I doubt it'll happen during the Black Night subplot if that's what you're implying. I know that one of the recent toy sets showed a Sarunori figurine with the cast's Pokemon, but I think it was mostly general merchandise and not 100% accurate.

MagicKarpInSpace

Centiscorch would be fine, just give Ash his sixth already. As long as it ain't Grookey or the fossil abominations, I honestly don't care what he catches. Just don't want to wait another 10 episodes for it to happen...
How funny and crazy fans would be at one point people were like ash gonna get 25-30 mons this season now dying to see and ash struggling to get his 6th pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.