• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MagicKarpInSpace said:
How funny and crazy fans would be at one point people were like ash gonna get 25-30 mons this season now dying to see and ash struggling to get his 6th pokemon.

I never understood the desire to see Satoshi capture a lot of Pokemon in this series, although I don't think I saw anyone predict that he'd capture around 25 or more Pokemon: the most I remember being predicted was something like a dozen in total, but to me that's still six Pokemon more than he really needs, especially if he isn't going to focus on them all equally or at least attempt to. I could live with the illusion that he at least tries to showcase all his Pokemon often, but the Galarian Kamonegi situation in particular looks bleak.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
When have you ever heard of a trainer's 2 Pokemon having some personal beef with another trainer's 2 Pokemon.

We could have gotten that with Gladion's whole team made up of really important Pokemon...but in the end, his Silvally (and Zoroark, I guess) was kind of there next to Psycho Lycanroc.

Did you forget Paul? Pikachu/electabuzz rivalry, staraptor/honchkrow rivalry, torterra/torterra rivalry, infernape/electivire rivalry

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ah, watching people have such hatred towards the Lucario usage is just hilarious to witness, really.. Y'all realise how making money works right? If you've got your hands on one of the most marketable Pokemon out there, you push it and push it to see how much money you can squeeze out..

Lucario is just getting the spotlight in this saga because it was the most popular Pokemon yet to be on the cast, so it was the one they could do most with at this point in time. It might not be what you guys personally want to see, but in reality you're just little fish in a big pond of people who mostly love Lucario and will buy all of its merchandise whilst watching the anime in order to get hyped and buy even more!

Personally, I couldn't care less whether it's getting most of the spotlight or not, as long as it's major appearances are entertaining. I'm sure Pokemon like Farfetch'd will get their time soon, especially since that one has had evolution merchandise floating about for ages. As for Grookey? It's going to come eventually, they've just got a plan which we don't know about yet..

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
How funny and crazy fans would be at one point people were like ash gonna get 25-30 mons this season now dying to see and ash struggling to get his 6th pokemon.
I am optimistic now because Ash in XY and SM had 4 Pokemon at this point on his team and now he has 5-6( if we count Mr.Mime).So, I am optimistic to see Ash catch like 2-3 Pokemon( 1 before 2021) and 2 next year and that's it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Ah, watching people have such hatred towards the Lucario usage is just hilarious to witness, really.. Y'all realise how making money works right? If you've got your hands on one of the most marketable Pokemon out there, you push it and push it to see how much money you can squeeze out..

Lucario is just getting the spotlight in this saga because it was the most popular Pokemon yet to be on the cast, so it was the one they could do most with at this point in time. It might not be what you guys personally want to see, but in reality you're just little fish in a big pond of people who mostly love Lucario and will buy all of its merchandise whilst watching the anime in order to get hyped and buy even more!

Personally, I couldn't care less whether it's getting most of the spotlight or not, as long as it's major appearances are entertaining. I'm sure Pokemon like Farfetch'd will get their time soon, especially since that one has had evolution merchandise floating about for ages. As for Grookey? It's going to come eventually, they've just got a plan which we don't know about yet..
People can still acknowledge that Lucario makes money and hate it. Weird you don't see it that way!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The hoenn loss was more bs, it freaking lost to a meowth in boots. As stupid as the Cameron battle was, atleast Pikachu lost to a lucario and pulled it's weight in battle by taking out 2 pokemon already
Losing to someone with 5 mons is still worse than losing to a Meowth in cosplay regardless of lineup.

PsychoLogical

Eh whatever, Ash’s captures are better off being kept hidden anyways since where’s the fun in getting spoiled for Ash’s captures specifically since the options are much wider and larger than previous sagas.

PsychoLogical

I don't want Ash to capture anything new until Farfetch'd gets some actual development. I am perfectly fine with Riolu getting a lot of attention until he evolves, he's treated like an Ash Pokemon should. But after that, it really should be Farfetch'd's turn.
Eh unless the capture is another fully evolved capture.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ekkut39XEAEOrNA

This started surfacing on twitter where it seems the main poster got updated for the third time. Take with a grain of salt but at the same time it looks too legit to me. Partly cause of unfortunately Lucario and Cinderace since that’s basically who matters right now RIP lmao :> (I was being sarcastic regarding that just fyi)

Not surprising though it's kind weird they didn't just add Sobble in the poster. Could be a pic of Sobble jumping as to "mirror" Pikachu the same way overhyped fanfic fullfillment Lucario is "mirroring" Cinderace (even if I don't agree with this)

EDIT:

For real?! Did they really make us wait 3 months for this? Can they be that troll? I don't think there is another franchise that disrespects its fans that much.

For what I gathered, they were overhyping the release of a toy. I don't recall any report about said toy actually revealing information about Ash's next capture or it even being a hint of something more meaningful. The fandom were the ones who thought that piece of merchandise would have mean something for Ash's next capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.