• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Tbf, can anyone explain why do you people don't want Grookey in Ash's Team?
I think it will get a good showing of the evolutions. Also if Leon can have two starters (one of previous Gen)in his team why not have Ash own one.

I only wanted Rillaboom if he got Inteleon.

I'm sick of Ash being forced the grass starter and either it doesn't evolve or in only in one instance it evolves one or maybe twice in two instances, with one getting screwed over by not getting battles it could win.

Ash with Inteleon would've been the best choice since it would've given him a 2nd fully evolved water type Pokemon and match with his grass starters and would be a much better Torterra even if it could never beat Greninja in all respects except maybe battles in its Inteleon form as Greninja didn't do too well.

On top of that they decided to be stupid about the starter distribution and Grookey is taking too long that I do not want it on Ash's team. If they were going to force it on his team, they should've given it to him instead of Farfetch'd, I mean if they don't feel obligated to show Grookey, not sure why they'd feel obligated to have it show up in most episodes, plus starters have been screwed over in the past in comparison to others.

Just give the thing to Go since he's apparently the only one who deserves Pokemon apparently.

The idea Ash was going to catch a lot of Pokemon is a bust, he's only getting one more and I sure as hell don't want Grookey nor Dracovish to be Ash's final Pokemon.

What a shitty series to be a world series and just screw Ash over of a decent amount of Pokemon especially 8th generation Pokemon and justify this decision with capture boy. Especially deciding capturing is more important than battles wherewe could've gotten more Gengar, and Farfetch'd.

You guys are missing the entire point, yes the Cameron loss was worse than the Tyson loss for ASH, but for Pikachu losing the a meowth in boots is more bs than losing to a lucario after defeating 2 mons.

How?

It was Meowth's only battle whereas Garbage's Riolu almost lost to Snivy after defeating Unfezant and simply evolved to beat it and Pikachu.

Team Rocket's Meowth being trash is not the standard to treat all Meowth. If Pikachu can be treated like a small god so cana Meowth not to mention Pikachu got done defeating Metagross.

How losing to a fresh Meowth is worse than a Lucario who had to evolve to win, I will not understand.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

People can still acknowledge that Lucario makes money and hate it. Weird you don't see it that way!
His point is that we don’t want to hear it, you are entitled to your dislike of it, but to constantly complain about it gets annoying after a while. We get it you don’t like the Pokémon, but those that do like it, don’t want to hear it, just like people get annoyed with Goh sometimes and those that like Goh don’t want to hear the hate for him.

D

Deleted member 384931

My only hope is we visit another region like Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola after DD and Mewtwo

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Yes, so we can move to discuss other and new things. Not all topics get so irritating like the one I mentioned so.. :)

My point was that it'll just happen all over again with different Pokemon next, such as Mewtwo since a lot of people previously believed that Satoshi might get it, or worried that Gou might capture it. Suicune is also another popular capture option, as is Uonoragon. So if we're talking specifically about capture theories that will go on for weeks or months, then those are the main ones to watch out for.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
My only hope is we visit another region like Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos or Alola after DD and Mewtwo
I’m only interested in another Unova ep cause it’s been way too long since we got our first. Give me a Relic Castle or PWT ep :>

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How funny and crazy fans would be at one point people were like ash gonna get 25-30 mons this season now dying to see and ash struggling to get his 6th pokemon.
Exactly why I expect him to catch 6 at most this season

Did you forget Paul? Pikachu/electabuzz rivalry, staraptor/honchkrow rivalry, torterra/torterra rivalry, infernape/electivire rivalry
Only Pikachu/Infernape & Electabuzz/Electivire were rivalries. The rest were just one episode interactions.
Ah, watching people have such hatred towards the Lucario usage is just hilarious to witness, really.. Y'all realise how making money works right? If you've got your hands on one of the most marketable Pokemon out there, you push it and push it to see how much money you can squeeze out..
Everyone understands how marketing works when the same dozen Pokémon get pushed every generation lol. You can understand how something works and still not like it. Don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.

PsychoLogical

Random side note: I’m still not convinced Ash is only getting a low amount of captures like he normally would. And I’m esp not going to be convinced he’s not getting at least 5 Galar mons in total.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I would love if Ash brushed and petted his Pikachu more often

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I've seen other characters brush and pet fur-bearing Pokemon. This was often practiced by Serena and Bonnie.

Red and Blue

Sucks that Ash probably won't be catching any Pokemon from the other five regions at this rate. I wanted him to get a Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Zoroark.

BUT, if they keep the world tour for Gen 9 he may have the opportunity

PsychoLogical

Sucks that Ash probably won't be catching any Pokemon from the other five regions at this rate. I wanted him to get a Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Zoroark.

BUT, if they keep the world tour for Gen 9 he may have the opportunity
Who’s to say that captures from the other regions still won’t happen. And we’re still not even halfway towards the series anyways.

Decidueye23

Everyones acting like ash is not going to get anything and lucario is the only pokemon he ll use. I we are not even half way through. I agree that dragonite and gengar could use some screen time, and Gfetchd def needs some development. I think after DD we ll get atleast some Gfetch'd development. So i dont think ash wont get anything else only because of lucario. I am still hoping he will get 3 to 4 more. With atleast 2 more being galarian.

PsychoLogical

Call me when G-fetch outshines Lucario in appearances and battle record.
First Lucario needs to be thing and its battle record as a Riolu is still worse than Gengar’s rn :>

Leonhart

Imagineer
Decidueye23 said:
Everyones acting like ash is not going to get anything and lucario is the only pokemon he ll use.

I've yet to see anyone make that claim: it's more like some viewers are prepared for the possibility that whatever Pokemon Satoshi catches next would be overshadowed by Lucario, but of course that won't stop Satoshi from getting new Pokemon, anyway.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
I've seen other characters brush and pet fur-bearing Pokemon. This was often practiced by Serena and Bonnie.

That's because part of Serena's goal involved high beauty standards for her Pokemon, so of course she groomed them. As for Eureka, she treated Dedenne like a pet, so it makes sense that she groomed it often as well. Satoshi doesn't quite fit that disposition, however.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Only Pikachu/Infernape & Electabuzz/Electivire were rivalries. The rest were just one episode interactions.

In fact, one could argue Paul's Torterra was more of a mentor to Ash's then a rival and if there was one of Paul's pokemon that Ash's Torterra had beef with.. it would be Honchkrow.

Pikachu -> Electivire
Infernape -> Electivire
Torterra -> Honchkrow: never resolved.
Gliscor -> Gliscor: not really a rivalry, but after it's loss in it's evolution episode, it kinda had something to prove toward its former packleader, but this didn't get resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.