• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
In fact, one could argue Paul's Torterra was more of a mentor to Ash's then a rival and if there was one of Paul's pokemon that Ash's Torterra had beef with.. it would be Honchkrow.

Pikachu -> Electivire
Infernape -> Electivire
Torterra -> Honchkrow: never resolved.
Gliscor -> Gliscor: not really a rivalry, but after it's loss in it's evolution episode, it kinda had something to prove toward its former packleader, but this didn't get resolved.
In the end, Paul’s Gliscor was never seen again after Grotle became a thing and Honchkrow stopped being used basically.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
In the end, Paul’s Gliscor was never seen again after Grotle became a thing and Honchkrow stopped being used basically.

With how Paul chooses his teams, you can't infer too much from that. Ursaring slayed Ash at Lake Acuity, but Paul went for four/five unknowns - but used Ursaring to wreck Barry.

The fact that we didn't see his Gliscor or Honchkrow put in more work doesn't mean that he ditched them (we know he kept Honchkrow, but Gliscor is an unknown).

Master Pikachu 11

Sucks that Ash probably won't be catching any Pokemon from the other five regions at this rate. I wanted him to get a Blaziken, Tyranitar, and Zoroark.

BUT, if they keep the world tour for Gen 9 he may have the opportunity
This series goal is to promote all Pokémon and we have not come close to that as we are only on episode 42. We still got plenty of time since the staff doesn’t feel like they are in any hurry. Also Ash is still in the lower portion of the super class, so he still has a long way to go before this series ends

Sidagam

I imagine we'll get Lucario (obviously) and Sirfetch'd before Ash catches anything new. Which I wouldn't mind. Be good if Ash caught something already established like Gengar and Dragonite, and then maybe something a bit more underdeveloped that requires more attention and training.

Once the DD arc is done it would be good to get some more PWC focus. And if they are going to be doing small 1v1s, share them out to the team please. It's easy screen time

Master Pikachu 11

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but it makes me laugh that for some people seeing a couple of Ash's old Pokemon for a few seconds in SuMo was considered good continuity. It sucks that we have to settle for less even in SuMo...
Well it’s better then seeing none of his Pokémon like in XY, where we hardly got any old characters reuniting with Ash or see any of his Pokémon at all. This is also the same series that had Ash in the finals, while Delia and Professor Oak were no where to be found. At least SM corrected that mistake, even though the league could have been better.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh grummed some of his pokémon duo the food-fighting episode. It even gave us the gag of him offering to do it on Raboot to which the bunny goes all tsundere with a "no, thanks" walk away

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Don't act like they are clueless idiots, they put that pokémon in that position exactly to make us think it would be Ash's next pokémon. They did it on purpose. Just like the Kalos League final title.

Never said they were idiots.

What I was saying is that I highly doubt the people responsible for this merchandise had any intention on misleading everyone. They'll promote the pokémon that were picked for Ash when they want to but in this case they were just hyping up a secret figure in an-anime related set, not Ash's next capture.

Much like what happened with Sobble we just ASSUMED they were hinting at something they didn't intend to do.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

What I was saying is that I highly doubt the people responsible for this merchandise had any intention on misleading everyone. They'll promote the pokémon that were picked for Ash when they want to but in this case they were just hyping up a secret figure in an-anime related set, not Ash's next capture.

Much like what happened with Sobble we just ASSUMED they were hinting at something they didn't intend to do.
Except when they play a voice clip said by Ash over said Pokémon and place said Pokémon in a scan next to all of Ash's other captures then it does admittedly feel a bit misleading unintentionally or not. (And I'm doubtful that they didnt know what they were doing)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:

I agree that this doesn't feel like a case of them purposely misleading us, and if anything it was our own faults for assuming that any mystery Pokemon that gets teased is going to belong to Satoshi. The fact that the mystery Pokemon was never mentioned to be synonymous with Satoshi in the first place should've made it clear that it was just a Pokemon that was meant to appear in the anime at most, but not guaranteed to be a future addition to Satoshi's team. Any supposed "evidence" of Satoshi owning said Pokemon was circumstantial at best.

PsychoLogical

Random Thought:
I'm still holding out on the possibility of a Galar ep focusing on Dreepy but with Gengar also being part of the focus even if the chances kinda decreased due to Dragapult set to debut during the DD arc under Leon (presumably in JN043) . It would give Gengar some additional screentime that it could use and give focus to a Galar mon and a potential Ash capture. Have an ep where the duo heads to Galar for whatever and they meet some Dreepy randomly attacking but doesn't hurt or do any damage where they find that it's so weak that a child can easily beat it (following the pokedex entry where JN has surprisingly taking them more seriously and literally where they've even become part of ep plots like for Dragonite) and then also find that it has a love/interest for battling which then Ash decides to offer training it where Ash uses Gengar mainly to do so which eventually leads to an offer of joining the roster but with that same Dreepy being caught as a Drakloak. Simply cause it just seems to be a huge hassle or completely pointless for a 3 stage being caught at base form at this point. And Drakloak does have some temporary gag and comedy potential with the behavior change of now getting desperate and uneasy if it has no Dreepy to look after :>

But that's just me letting my imagination go wild, although I'm still not going to leave the Dreepy line off the table as a potential Ash capture even if the chances have technically decreased like I said due to Leon debuting Dragapult since they can still have Ash own Dragapult but with a twist where Ash will mainly show it off but then at the end, it'll be Leon's that gets the last shine cause final battle.

Jibanyan

It doesn't make the situation any better.

Don't act like they are clueless idiots, they put that pokémon in that position exactly to make us think it would be Ash's next pokémon. They did it on purpose. Just like the Kalos League final title.

No, they didn't lol, nothing about the merch alluded at being Ash's next captures and this is common for that kind of toy, not just Pokemon. One of them is a "secret".

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
How many of you think that Dracovish will be caught?
I still have hope that Ash will catch it, even if I'm not so sure now that we've seen that not every pokémon on that poster is gonna be really important to the story (Marshtomp filler :s)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I still have hope that Ash will catch it, even if I'm not so sure now that we've seen that not every pokémon on that poster is gonna be really important to the story (Marshtomp filler :s)
I never had big hopes but not for some nonsense like its Pokedex entries but simply because it's probably not in their priority of Pokémon to showcase and market since they seem to be more focused on marketing than ever before. Though if Dracovish is captured, I'd love it instantly.

PsychoLogical

I'm prob just gonna say ye for now. Ash still could use another Galar capture and hasn't gotten a fossil mon yet and JN038 somewhat foreshadowed him owning a fossil mon eventually where when Go says he'll get his own fossil mon, Ash replies with "Me too" tho that's only if they'll hold true since these statements don't usually hold true. One thing's for sure is that Dracovish looks likely get focus if that poster's anything to go by since Zapdos got a focus ep and Marshtomp slightly did as well and Mewtwo looks set to get the same post DD arc. And I guess Eevee as well cause of them basically confirming that Koharu and Eevee will be a thing post DD arc via podcast.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
We don't know what Dracovish's role even will be.

Once we see it in a teaser I'll know for sure whether or not Ash will catch it

Rohanator

There's also the fact (in my experience at least dunno about you all) that kids generally don't spend time speculating about this kinda stuff, kids don't have in depth discussions about what's gonna happen next in Pokemon, they'll look at the articles and toy promos etc and go "cool I'll watch this" or "mom can you buy this for me" but there's no way the show runners are trying to play the kinda 4D chess with their target audience that many here constantly accuse them of doing. It really isn't that deep.

And I dunno if they expect adult fans to do that either, given Japanese work ethic they'd probably like to think most adults are too busy for that even if they still follow the show. You should be out there providing to the economy and raising new Pokemon kids not getting mad at toy promos lolol. Then again otaku culture exists, but this kind of cheap kid's merch isn't geared for them, nendoroids and figures of old human characters etc are.

Last edited:

Jeal

I agree that this doesn't feel like a case of them purposely misleading us, and if anything it was our own faults for assuming that any mystery Pokemon that gets teased is going to belong to Satoshi. The fact that the mystery Pokemon was never mentioned to be synonymous with Satoshi in the first place should've made it clear that it was just a Pokemon that was meant to appear in the anime at most, but not guaranteed to be a future addition to Satoshi's team. Any supposed "evidence" of Satoshi owning said Pokemon was circumstantial at best.
No, they didn't lol, nothing about the merch alluded at being Ash's next captures and this is common for that kind of toy, not just Pokemon. One of them is a "secret".
There's also the fact (in my experience at least dunno about you all) that kids generally don't spend time speculating about this kinda stuff, kids don't have in depth discussions about what's gonna happen next in Pokemon, they'll look at the articles and toy promos etc and go "cool I'll watch this" or "mom can you buy this for me" but there's no way the show runners are trying to play the kinda 4D chess with their target audience that many here constantly accuse them of doing. It really isn't that deep.

And I dunno if they expect adult fans to do that either, given Japanese work ethic they'd probably like to think most adults are too busy for that even if they still follow the show. You should be out there providing to the economy and raising new Pokemon kids not getting mad at toy promos lolol. Then again otaku culture exists, but this kind of cheap kid's merch isn't geared for them, nendoroids and figures of old human characters etc are.
So do you really think they did it without any idea? They are not dumb. They did it on purpose, and you know it. They are the biggest trolls.

they didn't just put this mysterious Pokémon next to Ash's Pokémon by pure chance.

game3524

Exactly why I expect him to catch 6 at most this season

It never made much sense for him to catch more then 6. I mean they are struggling to give screen time to what he has now and the notion that they were going to give him 10+ captures was nonsense IMO. On top of that, Go and TR with their mecha are the primary catalyst for showcasing Pokemon anyway. They don't need Ash for that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.