• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

It's possible that Ash might get both Absol and Zoroark. The only Eeveelution that I want Ash to catch is Espeon
Maybe, he got two pure water type in Kanto(even though he only used Krabby->Kingler in the league.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ibrahim Saidu said:
It's possible that Ash might get both Absol and Zoroark.

That would feel completely pointless from my viewpoint. The other argument that he could get a third Fighting-type because it would be dual typed already feels rather forced, but at least there's some truth to dual typed Pokemon being able to cover two purposes rather than just one, so I can kind of understand the logic there. But I don't see how Satoshi having two pure Dark-types would make a difference: I don't buy the "they have different battling styles" excuse as being a good enough justification either, because Satoshi is such a straight-forward battler that Zoroark or Absol's varying fighting styles would be almost moot, anyway.

If it's about him needing more regional representation on his team, then Satoshi can just capture a different Gen III or V Pokemon.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the world tour for the remainder of the anime's run. A possible sign of this premise going past Gen 8 is the home base being in Kanto instead of Galar.

I think they'll change it eventually because keeping the same formula for too long is stale. They tried shaking things up in SuMo and then they decided to shake things up again for this saga. So I think they'll keep shifting things around or I hope they do any way...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's possible that Ash might get both Absol and Zoroark. The only Eeveelution that I want Ash to catch is Espeon

Absol I can see, Zoroark on the other hand feels abit too soon after Gladion used one.

I don't care if May and Serena had them, i'd rather Glaceon or Sylveon if Ash had to get an eeveelution myself.

Kubfu i really hope goes the water route if Ash gets one.

Red and Blue

If they give Ash a Zorua we could see another rivalry between Ash's Zorua and Gladion's Zoroark in the PWC like with their Lycanrocs.

Applecorp

Maybe, he got two pure water type in Kanto(even though he only used Krabby->Kingler in the league.)

I mean yeah you're right that Ash caught 2 pure Water types in Kanto but he didn't use Krabby in that saga except at the Indigo league so it's not the best comparison. Unless people think that the spare Dark Pokemon will be sent to Oak's place like Krabby was?

Ibrahim Saidu

Absol I can see, Zoroark on the other hand feels abit too soon after Gladion used one.

I don't care if May and Serena had them, i'd rather Glaceon or Sylveon if Ash had to get an eeveelution myself.

Type overlap doesn't matter as long as Absol and Zoroark have some other movesets other than Dark Types and they have different battling style

nickdt

I think Zoroark for Ash is just as impossible as Eevee.

Ash isn't a dirty fighter, so he wouldn't even use disguise, which is Zoroarks whole gimmick to begin with.

Applecorp

Type overlap doesn't matter as long as Absol and Zoroark have some other movesets other than Dark Types and they have different battling style

He never said anything about type overlap he said that Ash having Zoroark would be too soon since Gladion had one not too long ago.

I don't really care one way or another but it does sort of make more sense for Ash to get an Absol because at least an important character hasn't used one in a long time. :confused:

Applecorp

Reminder this series is unpredictable

Oh god not this again. Why is this the favorite counter argument for everything around here? You could argue against every capture theory like a dozen different ways that actually make sense but people always fall back on this whole 'it's unpredictable' spiel that doesn't mean anything.

It works both ways because I could just say the same about the odds of Zoroark not being caught as I could in favor of the odds of it being caught which is what makes it such a lousy position to take.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
I think Zoroark for Ash is just as impossible as Eevee.

Ash isn't a dirty fighter, so he wouldn't even use disguise, which is Zoroarks whole gimmick to begin with.
Then zoroark should be banned from competitive battling as using it's ability is playing dirty acc. to your logic. Using pokemon like darkrai in leagues is playing fair while using a weakass disguise ability is cheating wow !! The only ability that should be considered as unfair is parental bond.

nickdt

Then zoroark should be banned from competitive battling as using it's ability is playing dirty acc. to your logic. Using pokemon like darkrai in leagues is playing fair while using a weakass disguise ability is cheating wow !! The only ability that should be considered as unfair is parental bond.

I don't think you are seeing my point

Illusion/Disguise isn't cheating (Thats like saying using Mega's against characters that don't use Mega's is also cheating, meaning Ash should have been DQ'd in the first round of the Kalos league or Sawyer should have been DQ'd against Tierno).

Disguise/Illusion is just going against the core nature of Ash's personality. He is basically the light, while the evil people in the Pokemon world are the dark. Zoroark, with its ability, as such, doesn't fit Ash at all, because it would be seen as a dirty tactic. I am not saying its cheating or not allowed at all, just that Ash wouldn't go against his own personality using the ability and i think Zoroark on his team without using the ability, would just feel like any other generic dark type with its own shtick, so Zoroark on his team is pretty pointless if you can give him other Dark types that aren't associated with using dirty tactics.

Yes, Parental Bond is unfair, however, the anime at least has found a way around parental bond, as we could see during the Alola league.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The parallels they're drawing between Ash/Goh and Sonia/Leon has me wondering if Goh'll choose to become a Professor in the end.

It'd still work with his catching goal, obviously.

I've been wondering the same as well.

I'm starting to think that's the seed they are leaving in case there's a need to replace Goh after this series is done.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Reminder this series is unpredictable
Stop using that argument, it’s not even an argument at this point. It’s a stupid excuse. Yes this series unpredictable but at the same time this isn’t an argument either, it’s now just become a pitiful excuse to dismiss other opinions even if reasonable.

Last edited:

esquilo09

I guess Absol would make sense, I mean it wasn't owned by a major character and the one owned by Drew made a late one shot appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.