• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

What was the point of that Bunnelby capture tho?
Just for Goh to get a capture to bring back with him since Eternatus is locked away in a safe. They could have had him captured a Galar Pokémon instead but they decided to change things up and have get a random Gen 7 mon instead of Wooloo.
Well that was a great episode. Lucario and Cinderace evolutions were both awesome and technically both Ash and Go caught Eternatus (even tho it’s locked away in a safe) and I think based on the ending eventually Zacian and Zamazenta will be caught by Ash and Go. Fantastic episode
Agreed it was a great episode and probably the best evolutions that I seen. Seeing Riolu evolve by blocking two pokemon’s moves and then pushing them away after it evolved was awesome and seeing Raboot use a combination before it evolved was just as awesome.
I would not suggest ending because it is often misleading (as it was with Sobble). Somehow I don't see wolves being caught in ordinary balls, and because of the status of the region's defenders, they have to remain free.
Nothing was misleading about the Sobble ending that was the future episode trailer that was misleading, once Galarian Farfetch’d was captured by Ash in its debut episode, the Narrator mentioned that Goh has not caught any Galar Pokémon yet, will he get one soon and then it cuts to Sobble running across the screen watching Ash and Goh while Riolu and Farfetch’d were battling and then it turns invisible. That hinted at Goh getting it which ended up happening in the next episode. Anyway, I believe you and others also said that Eternatus was not going to get captured and it happened anyway. With Eternatus locked away, Galar doesn’t have anymore threats so if the writers want Ash and Goh to eventually catch the wolves then I don’t see the problem with that.

DuskAstral

Galar doesn’t have anymore threats so if the writers want Ash and Goh to eventually catch the wolves then I don’t see the problem with that.
Just because Galar is safe at the moment doesn't mean that there won't be any threats in the future. Besides, I find it a hopeless idea that the wolves would be caught just to rot in Cerise's lab.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Probably in Vermilion City. Also if Go wins a Poke Egg from the eating competition it could be an Eevee Egg which would go to Koharu

Go wins Egg -> Koharu gets hatched 'mon.

The Go-hatetrain continues, I suppose.

Red and Blue

Go wins Egg -> Koharu gets hatched 'mon.

The Go-hatetrain continues, I suppose.
I don't hate Go though. It's just a possibility I think could happen. And even if it did go to Koharu there is nothing stopping Go from catching his own Eevee

D

Deleted member 384931

Ok, why the hell did Satoshi not used the duck? Come on, do they really forget about it or just dont care? Couldnt it got to defeat a pokemon or such here?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ok, why the hell did Satoshi not used the duck? Come on, do they really forget about it or just dont care? Couldnt it got to defeat a pokemon or such here?
Prob didn’t want to have it be used. Eh who fking cares anyways. I’m expecting it to start getting its shine post JN050 aka the start of “season 2” anyways.

PsychoLogical

I hope it evolves soon tbh. Maybe it will get more screentime.

Fun fact: Cinderace is the earliest fully evolved starter ever.
It’ll likely get more screentime soon enough since they still need to debut Sirfetch’d. And that title still goes to Charizard at 35 eps fully evolved while Cinderace is 41.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I do wonder if the fact there are no rival characters with the Sobble line up to this point makes it more likely for Sobble to evolve to show off Drizzile and Intelion?
Who knows. After all we also didn't meet Dartrix and Decidueye in Sun/Moon until very late into the series.

Also We still have yet to meet any rival characters outside of Bea, Raihan and Leon. And out of those 3 the only one with a slight chance of owning an Inteleon is Leon.
I say slight chance because while Inteleon does make sense on Leon's Team, (It's also canon in the GOTCHA! Music Video) I also can't see why a rival of Ash's would have the Evolved form of a Pokemon that's more connected to Gou.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ace-Barn said:
I do wonder if the fact there are no rival characters with the Sobble line up to this point makes it more likely for Sobble to evolve to show off Drizzile and Intelion?

There's still a chance that Hop will appear in the future and possibly own an Intereon, although I suppose that Gou's Messon might evolve if Hop or another major character doesn't debut Intereon since I'm sure the writers would want to showcase the species a lot one way or another.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I kind of liked the fact that Ash was able to discern Lucario learned Aura Sphere without having to check it in his dex.

though i'm guessing this means Vacuum Wave is gone as that was the attack Ash called before this revelation, but then Lucario expanded it's aura and he realized it had aura sphere.

There's still a chance that Hop will appear in the future and possibly own an Intereon, although I suppose that Gou's Messon might evolve if Hop or another major character doesn't debut Intereon since I'm sure the writers would want to showcase the species a lot one way or another.

For all we know Nessa could have one as well, and we know from the games Leon has one the starters as well, really don't care myself who shows it though.

or perhaps it's battle style didn't fit the situation, besides when you look at all his pokemon so far, it kind of sticks out compared to the rest combat wise, since the other three clearly fit Ash's usual style of speed and attack, thus are easier for him to use. Rose's pokemon despite being bulky steel types were shown to be able to move quiet quickly for there size, so despite having type advantage in the situation it probably would've been crushed while trying to swing it's leak.

it's obviously a slow pokemon, which we know Ash usually doesn't use very well, however it's also different from the rest of the slow pokemon in the past because it's not it's weight causing the slowness, but rather the fact that it carries a heavy weapon that it knows how to bash someone's skull in with given the chance, but the problem is that weapon takes time to swing and if you can close the gap beforehand it's open to attack.

I was really hoping during the trip to Alola, it would've mingled with Lycanroc and picked up Counter (since i believe this move could very well help it's speed issue) but that didn't happen.

It'll be interesting to see how the writers through Ash work with the thing though.

Prob didn’t want to have it be used. Eh who fking cares anyways. I’m expecting it to start getting its shine post JN050 aka the start of “season 2” anyways.

i'm still waiting to see how the writers are going to handle it's evolution, i mean have critical hits ever been mentioned in the anime?

desdar300

all right I'm going to throw out my random predictions on what ashmi capture in the next Thirty Something episodes.
1. Ttar - With its rivalry with Duraldion I could see them giving Ash Pokemon Godzilla itself as a Ace in the Hole for when he eventually faces Raihan on top of that it's a pseudo that isn't really owned by any iconic character.
2. Kubfu- Urshifu Rapid Style- I feel like the Isle of armor is going to be primarily focused on ash and a big part of this DLC is bonding with the little bear wish I could see them allowing Ash to do perhaps he will evolve it into the rapid style which could serve as his water type for the series.
3- Grookey- Rillaboom- yes I still think this is possible and really anything is given what the series is trying to thrive on and I could see the little ape taking the role of the Junior number that eats up screen time while all of the big guys take a little bit of a backseat.
4. Purrsusker\ Obsatgoon- I feel like any one of these could happen as like a secondary Regional variant but that's more of a personal opinion rather than it being based on any fact.
I love to hear you guys' opinions or guys's opinions or wants

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Calling it. The next time they fight, Bea will defeat Ash and his Lucario.

But only if the writers are willing to give Lucario a depression arc, because, let's face it, it would actually be entertaining to see the jackal absolutely livid to lose when it had tied before, only because its Steel-typing makes it easier to deal with to Bea.

PsychoLogical

Calling it. The next time they fight, Bea will defeat Ash and his Lucario.

But only if the writers are willing to give Lucario a depression arc, because, let's face it, it would actually be entertaining to see the jackal absolutely livid to lose when it had tied before, only because its Steel-typing makes it easier to deal with to Bea.
meh I'm just interested in if they're going to continue the face faults they had it do when it was still a Riolu, got an additional 3 here from today's ep :>
EmtWGWqXUAElge1
EmtWGWuWMAEqOpD
EmtWGWzW4AQ82Mk

Last edited:

Mew29240

I like to think they'll have an Eevee horde episode like they did for Pikachu, and Chloe will Ash and Goh in finding and interacting with them. Goh will catch a ton (8 to get future Eeveelutions out of the way or 9 depending on if he wants to keep one unevolved) that happen to be all male while Chloe and/or Yamper bonds with a female one (just to differentiate it from the rest) that she ends up taking home with her (it's not going to get captured since she isn't a trainer...for now).

PsychoLogical

all right I'm going to throw out my random predictions on what ashmi capture in the next Thirty Something episodes.
1. Ttar - With its rivalry with Duraldion I could see them giving Ash Pokemon Godzilla itself as a Ace in the Hole for when he eventually faces Raihan on top of that it's a pseudo that isn't really owned by any iconic character.
2. Kubfu- Urshifu Rapid Style- I feel like the Isle of armor is going to be primarily focused on ash and a big part of this DLC is bonding with the little bear wish I could see them allowing Ash to do perhaps he will evolve it into the rapid style which could serve as his water type for the series.
3- Grookey- Rillaboom- yes I still think this is possible and really anything is given what the series is trying to thrive on and I could see the little ape taking the role of the Junior number that eats up screen time while all of the big guys take a little bit of a backseat.
4. Purrsusker\ Obsatgoon- I feel like any one of these could happen as like a secondary Regional variant but that's more of a personal opinion rather than it being based on any fact.
I love to hear you guys' opinions or guys's opinions or wants
Guess this is my specialty and time to shine, combination of I guess both weird and logical reasoning coming in:

1) Tyranitar: It's to see if they're willing to show off the Tyranitar-Duraludon rivalry from the bio which this series has surprisingly been taking more seriously and literally to the point that it's sometimes used as episode plots. And they surprisingly still remember Ash's old Larvitar that he once looked after in that little mini-arc even after like over 20 years through a SM flashback, would be a nice continuity and reunion opportunity.
2) Kubfu/Urshifu: Future IOA arc where he trains with a Kubfu like the IOA plotline has you do with an eventual Urshifu.
-Dragapult: Yes despite Leon owning it, I'm not ruling it out. One main reason is that Dreepy's debut wasn't even a proper one where its debut was just being Dragon Darts and Drakloak still needs to debut. And another reason is the old bio argument I use at times where JN has been taking them more literally and seriously compared to previous sagas which in this case would be "it can grow stronger and evolve if it has friends to help it train" part from its bio.
3) Grookey: Yes surprisingly I'm still thinking it can go to Ash in the end tho I'll won't lose sleep over it if it doesn't. The writers will eventually need another unevolved mon to work with and fall back on considering Ash's current roster is getting close to being fully evolved again and Grookey would be a good opportunity and candidate to do so with this.
4) Dracovish: Mr Fish here is eventually going to debut and technically has been hinted to do so and would give him his first fossil mon and would give more Galar representation even if the choice is weird and stupid. There was a line in JN038 where when Go said he'll get his own fossil mon, Ash replies with "Me too" although idk if that'll ever hold true.
5) Chandelure/Blaziken/Zoroark/Golisopod/Hydreigon/Aegislash: If they're still doing the marketability/popularity trend for captures then these are some options since they're supposedly often featured in merch and/or have historical popularity (which they have at some point and some of them still do like Blaziken especially) but I'm not holding my breath for this last part here since I'd be completely insane if I just constantly insisted these could be captures and could've used the dumb outdated "this series is unpredictable" excuse which I absolute detest and refuse to use as an argument.

That's pretty much all I have in mind for the time being, and I'm still not convinced that Ash isn't getting the usual 5 new mons from a new region which would be Galar in this case hence the 4 Galar predictions. When time goes on, I'll prob update my predictions for whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.