• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword master zacian

i kinda find it amusing that ash has been around in the anime since day 1 and writers never even let him take out a pokeball to catch a legendary
and goh is around for like 45 episodes and writers are like he is too experienced now he can can catch a legendary like he almost caught zapdos and caught eternatus

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
i kinda find it amusing that ash has been around in the anime since day 1 and writers never even let him take out a pokeball to catch a legendary implying ash isn'tenough experienced to catch legendary
aand goh is around for like 45 episodes and writers are like he is too experienced now he can can catch a legendary like he almost caught zapdos and caught eternatus
it took ash 23-24 years to catch his first ghost type pokemon and goh caught a legendary in just 1 year
Go no longer has Eternatus anyways so it really doesn’t matter. Besides, Eternatus is something that technically had to get caught anyways.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Those two willingly joined him because they liked him, unlike the likes of Eternatus who will try to refuse getting captured that easily.

Stakataka also allowed itself to be caught.

Ash caught Buzzwole without fighting. There was some fighting, but it wasn't injured and was just distracted.

Ash catches Pheromosa after Bewear knocks her out.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Stakataka also allowed itself to be caught.

Ash caught Buzzwole without fighting. There was some fighting, but it wasn't injured and was just distracted.

Ash catches Pheromosa after Bewear knocks her out.
Those aren't Legendary Pokemon.

And yet they all had conditions attached that didn't use the common way to get them.

(...Oh, and Celestina is somewhere in space, ready to blow up anything with its gases.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sword master zacian said:
i kinda find it amusing that ash has been around in the anime since day 1 and writers never even let him take out a pokeball to catch a legendary
and goh is around for like 45 episodes and writers are like he is too experienced now he can can catch a legendary like he almost caught zapdos and caught eternatus

Considering that he had help, I don't think that Gou coming close to capturing Thunder was such a big deal. And he didn't keep Mugendina, so him technically capturing it shouldn't be controversial if he isn't able to make use of Mugendina's power, which makes the capture pointless in retrospect.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
capturing Eternatus was the only way to really contain it given the circumstance, sure Gou caught it, but he didn't keep it which was the right call because that pokemon is too dangerous to be roaming free.

Cause the alternative was Eternatus possible fleeing Galar in terror from the wolves, and going around to other regions causing random dynamax/gigantamaxing to occur, considering there is complaints about Galar being cheated already that would've made things worse.

and even then it took the wolves coming in and smashing it for them to even have a chance to get it. just like it took two pokemon to get Zapdos off it's guard and even then considering how much power it still had where as Gou's pokemon were winded says alot.

When Gou can capture a legendary using 1 pokemon on his own, then i'll take it seriously, but so far that isn't the case for me.

MegaSalamence05

In this circumstance with how the capture of Eternatus was done as it felt more of a means to an end vs a run of the mill capture.

If Eternatus was freed after Rose captured it and was defeated by the Protagonists (Ash and Goh), Rose could've easily rinsed and repeated the process for the Darkest Day, especially with Rose escaped and on the run. With Eternatus sealed away it adds another layer of safety. The capture needed to happen to provide the general population more safety. So in this instance a means to an end.

How does pokeball determine who catch the pokemon? In SM Jessie throw James's luxury ball toward Mimikyu and it become Jessie's pokemon. Ash and Goh throw Goh's pokeball together but it only appear on Goh's pokedex. Does it get decided by the one who push the button?

Are the Ultra Beast got registered in Ash's Rotomdex when they got caught by Beast Ball thrown by Ash?

Does the pokemon company regards Goh's ownership of Eternatus like Ash's Squirtle/Primeape (in another person's care) or like the UB (removed from public)?

kickachu

Momentai!
I think ashs sixth pokemon will come at Christmas like gible back in 2009 or Christmas eve

nickdt

Those aren't Legendary Pokemon.

And yet they all had conditions attached that didn't use the common way to get them.

(...Oh, and Celestina is somewhere in space, ready to blow up anything with its gases.)

Actually, Ultra Beasts are legendaries, just like Mythicals are legendaries. Both are a sub-class of legendaries. Still makes them legendaries though.

Ibrahim Saidu

all right I'm going to throw out my random predictions on what ashmi capture in the next Thirty Something episodes.
1. Ttar - With its rivalry with Duraldion I could see them giving Ash Pokemon Godzilla itself as a Ace in the Hole for when he eventually faces Raihan on top of that it's a pseudo that isn't really owned by any iconic character.
2. Kubfu- Urshifu Rapid Style- I feel like the Isle of armor is going to be primarily focused on ash and a big part of this DLC is bonding with the little bear wish I could see them allowing Ash to do perhaps he will evolve it into the rapid style which could serve as his water type for the series.
3- Grookey- Rillaboom- yes I still think this is possible and really anything is given what the series is trying to thrive on and I could see the little ape taking the role of the Junior number that eats up screen time while all of the big guys take a little bit of a backseat.
4. Purrsusker\ Obsatgoon- I feel like any one of these could happen as like a secondary Regional variant but that's more of a personal opinion rather than it being based on any fact.
I love to hear you guys' opinions or guys's opinions or wants
Do you think Ash will Espeon as it is since we saw one on the Pokemon 2019 poster

Ibrahim Saidu

I like to think they'll have an Eevee horde episode like they did for Pikachu, and Chloe will Ash and Goh in finding and interacting with them. Goh will catch a ton (8 to get future Eeveelutions out of the way or 9 depending on if he wants to keep one unevolved) that happen to be all male while Chloe and/or Yamper bonds with a female one (just to differentiate it from the rest) that she ends up taking home with her (it's not going to get captured since she isn't a trainer...for now).
What about Ash? Wouldn't he get one?

Decidueye23

I dont think they will simultaneously have multiple eevee being main pokemon. Like ash and chloe getting them. Go can get them and box em away. Ash probably will get an espeon directly if he is to get an eevee while chloe's will stay as is. Since it seems to be based more on the partner eevee.

D

Deleted member 384931

Cant believe we have a fully evolved fire starter during the first year.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Why didn't go get eternatus ? I mean isn't it domesticated after being caught ? Is it because legendaries can't be tamed just by being caught ? I do think that pokemon like yveltal can't be caught coz it's death basically. Sorry for so many questions .

Status
Not open for further replies.