• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I believe that Ash won't get any fish Pokemon because he would only be able to use them in the water.

Why not try to be transparent and tell us that you just hate certain Pokemon instead of going through the motions with these mental gymnastics and expecting us to agree with you? Milotic and plenty of other Water types have moved on dry land before so I dunno why you're trying this revisionist history tactic again...

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuskAstral said:
As for Grookey, it's a little late for him. Satoshi needs stronger Pokémon now, otherwise he won't be able to fight in higher classes.

At this rate I doubt he'll get Sarunori, although I don't agree with the idea that all of his Pokemon need to be powerhouses just because he's competing in the World Championship, especially considering that Gangar's battle record in particular isn't exactly amazing despite it being fully-evolved.

Red and Blue

Remember how fast Scorbunny evolved? If Ash needs Rillaboom his potential Grookey could evolve at an even faster rate

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If Ash gets Grookey I won’t be surprised if it’s a situation similar to Dragonair/Dragonite where it evolves before Ash catches it.

This. Grookey's debut is such a meme at this point, it legitimately feels like they don't care. But would definitely care more for Rillaboom because G-Max.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This. Grookey's debut is such a meme at this point, it legitimately feels like they don't care. But would definitely care more for Rillaboom because G-Max.
That's cause it is a meme now cause everyone just calls it a conspiracy and that it doesn't exist at this point lmao. And how it's official debut was in a cameo really proves that point. And if they do toss Grookey to Ash, I'm willing to bet they'll rush its evos cause why tf not lulz.

DuskAstral

Remember how fast Scorbunny evolved? If Ash needs Rillaboom his potential Grookey could evolve at an even faster rate
I agree with the rapid evolution, however, he always caught the starter somewhere at the beginning of the series (if I remember correctly), and here we are already about episode 50, and Grookey is not there. It would make more sense now if the monkey went to Koharu.

D

Deleted member 384931

I agree with the rapid evolution, however, he always caught the starter somewhere at the beginning of the series, and here we are already about episode 50 if I remember correctly), and Grookey is not there. It would make more sense now if the monkey went to Koharu.
Give it to Gou and let it be unevolved

kickachu

Momentai!
I agree with the rapid evolution, however, he always caught the starter somewhere at the beginning of the series (if I remember correctly), and here we are already about episode 50, and Grookey is not there. It would make more sense now if the monkey went to Koharu.
actually you're wrong in the johto series ash caught cyndaquil in 141 and totodile in 152

Red and Blue

He's caught starters at a later point from the beginning before. He didn't catch Chimchar until after the first two gyms

kickachu

Momentai!
you know I kind of have a feeling that this eevee situation will be hopefully similar to the gible thing most of us were upset when knoury caught gible but later on ash caught his own so next year there'll be an episode where all eeveeloutions are featured and ash will catch umbreon/espeon/sylveon ( as a way for amourshipping to increase as in both have syvleon only ash's will be male like negaishipping where ash caught aragonite and now ash and iris both have one and goh will get glaceon. What'd you think?

Decidueye23

you know I kind of have a feeling that this eevee situation will be hopefully similar to the gible thing most of us were upset when knoury caught gible but later on ash caught his own so next year there'll be an episode where all eeveeloutions are featured and ash will catch umbreon/espeon/sylveon ( as a way for amourshipping to increase as in both have syvleon only ash's will be male like negaishipping where ash caught aragonite and now ash and iris both have one and goh will get glaceon. What'd you think?
Well thats a different situation because khoury was a temporsry character never to be seen again. Although chloe might not appear as frequently as the guys do, she is still going to appear throight the series and eevee seems to be be her most noteworthy thibg as of yet. So its quite different. I still have hopes that ash would get an espeon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:

I personally think that's a stretch given that Kazunari wasn't a permanent member of the cast, so him sharing a species of Pokemon with Satoshi wasn't a point of contention. Also, I don't understand why anyone would try to predict Satoshi's future captures based on shipping, especially shipping subplots that haven't been touched in years. And for the record, Satoshi capturing Kairyu had nothing to do with NegaiShipping: he didn't even remember Iris when he caught Kairyu.

kickachu

Momentai!
I personally think that's a stretch given that Kazunari wasn't a permanent member of the cast, so him sharing a species of Pokemon with Satoshi wasn't a point of contention. Also, I don't understand why anyone would try to predict Satoshi's future captures based on shipping, especially shipping subplots that haven't been touched in years. And for the record, Satoshi capturing Kairyu had nothing to do with NegaiShipping: he didn't even remember Iris when he caught Kairyu.
I meant as a reference

Status
Not open for further replies.