• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaRulez

Hopefully they introduce Team Yell and the SwSh rivals in 2021. I want to see what they do with Bede

I don't care that much about Team Yell but if that means Marnie would debut with them then I'm excited for that to happen. Also I want to see Klara soon too. :)

Dzentelmen

If anyone gets Grookey it's going to be Goh. It could work as an arc for Sobble to grow up. If Goh gets Grookey and he starts using it in battles, Sobble could feel like it's falling behind compared to Cinderace and Grookey which could be used to make it more confident and evolve.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I actually dont really get the reason behind this. I get why the episodes of Tr vs TP were scrapped but why did they have to completely scrap out zekrom is something i still dont get.

While the initial postponement of the Rocket VS Plasma episodes was because of the earthquake, the scrapping of that plotline entirely almost 100% certainly happened because of how incompatible it was with B2W2's plot. Everything they had in mind for their adaptation of the original BW's evil team plot had to be thrown out the window entirely, and that almost definitely included what they had planned for Zekrom.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
While the initial postponement of the Rocket VS Plasma episodes was because of the earthquake, the scrapping of that plotline entirely almost 100% certainly happened because of how incompatible it was with B2W2's plot. Everything they had in mind for their adaptation of the original BW's evil team plot had to be thrown out the window entirely, and that almost definitely included what they had planned for Zekrom.
They couldn't just try to do an anime original plot like trying to merge both BW and BW2's plots instead? I would assume that could've been possible.

dman_dustin

This is a really ridiculous thing to assume. There's nothing that's going to stop them from having him own more than usual. If you ever watched the entire anime and I mean literally, they never cared about screentime, they literally never did. This isn't an opinion here, it's sad reality. The sole purpose of the anime is marketing and marketing alone. And considering Ash is an iconic figure at this point, just about anything they toss into his roster will likely get a solid amount of attention depending on what it is. And since in this series it's shown that he's no longer restricted to one region for captures, the possibilities are endless for them. They'll be making a ton of merch sales if they continue to have him own old gen mons that are highly marketable like they did with the two Kanto captures and especially Lucario. Rolling in dough, a ton of it. It's all about the money. Not ridiculous statements like this assuming that they do care when they don't.

Except in Kanto and Unova he already had more than a full team by now.

So then why is it that his team is acting like every other series than the ones he did catch the most?

Look I wanted Ash with a lot of captures, I wanted Ash to be treated fairly in terms of captures in comparison to Go, because I didn't want Go to exist just so Ash wouldn't catch anything. And sure Ash has caught things but not enough in my opinion and I'm always going to be bitter about Farfetch'd being a piss poor capture in regards to when it happened and we just haven't got anything yet.

i just have to accept this series is more about Go than Ash, and that Ash will only get an episode when Go gets 4 or 5 snd Ash will only use Pikachu or Lucario and honestly the only hope I have is they decide to evolve Ash's older Pokemon and maybe one more capture.

Unless the series shifts in favor of Ash I don't have high hopes for more than 1-2 captures. Let alone them getting any decent screen time.

ShadowForce720

Kind of makes you wonder how things would have played out in BW if the Rocket vs Plasma episodes had actually aired and they actually got to do what they had originally planned.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Except in Kanto and Unova he already had more than a full team by now.

So then why is it that his team is acting like every other series than the ones he did catch the most?

Look I wanted Ash with a lot of captures, I wanted Ash to be treated fairly in terms of captures in comparison to Go, because I didn't want Go to exist just so Ash wouldn't catch anything. And sure Ash has caught things but not enough in my opinion and I'm always going to be bitter about Farfetch'd being a piss poor capture in regards to when it happened and we just haven't got anything yet.

i just have to accept this series is more about Go than Ash, and that Ash will only get an episode when Go gets 4 or 5 snd Ash will only use Pikachu or Lucario and honestly the only hope I have is they decide to evolve Ash's older Pokemon and maybe one more capture.

Unless the series shifts in favor of Ash I don't have high hopes for more than 1-2 captures. Let alone them getting any decent screen time.
You can't really compare those two with JN in any way since JN has old gen mons being capturable while Unova and Kanto didnt which was the point of my original comment. I stopped caring about screentime a long time ago cause it's already a fact that they don't care about that. And Ash getting less time is expected since there's nothing much to do with him at this point except the PWC. While Go on the other hand is a new character and has bs to work with so its obvious that he'll be getting more for the time being. And Go catching alot is the whole point of his whole boring character so this complaint isn't really justified in any way.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
They couldn't just try to do an anime original plot like trying to merge both BW and BW2's plots instead? I would assume that could've been possible.

...that's basically what they DID.
But I assume they figured they'd rather try to come up with a plot that worked instead of dealing with the headache of coming up with a plot that worked while simultaneously trying to pound a bunch of round pegs into square holes when the earthquake had actually given them the opportunity to not actually bring those round pegs into the mix in the first place.

Kind of makes you wonder how things would have played out in BW if the Rocket vs Plasma episodes had actually aired and they actually got to do what they had originally planned.

What they had originally planned definitely did not account for B2W2's timeskip and new iteration of the Plasma Gang, so they'd never had been able to do that anyway.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Which is why I would rather have had grey version instead of the B2W2 sequels as that would have most likely meant that the Team Plasma plot would have been similar enough to B/W and we would have gotten the original Team Plasma in the anime, regardless if the earthquake cancelled Team Plasma vs Team Rocket or not.

BobbbidyBob

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dzentelmen said:
If anyone gets Grookey it's going to be Goh. It could work as an arc for Sobble to grow up. If Goh gets Grookey and he starts using it in battles, Sobble could feel like it's falling behind compared to Cinderace and Grookey which could be used to make it more confident and evolve.

That sounds almost too good to be true, although the fact that Aceburn is Gou's mascot makes me think that this scenario would be doomed before it even happens since I doubt that the writers would have Messon develop well as long as Aceburn's around to get most of the screen-time on that team.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Didn’t season 2 start on the 17 of November which was the release date of season 1? So already 1 year

There's no such thing as "seasons" outside of whatever the dubbers decide the dub should be split into, and the dub has not split PM2019 into anything yet.

Dub "season" 2 starts whenever the dub says it starts, it's not really any more complicated than that. These "seasons" don't actually exist in the actual show.

Status
Not open for further replies.