• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbbidyBob

There's no such thing as "seasons" outside of whatever the dubbers decide the dub should be split into, and the dub has not split PM2019 into anything yet.

Dub "season" 2 starts whenever the dub says it starts, it's not really any more complicated than that. These "seasons" don't actually exist in the actual show.
I see. Thanks for the confirmation

BobbbidyBob

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Tbh I have a hard time describing Satoshi's character in this series so far.
Hyper shonen hero who has zero faults in personality who only gets down if he ever faces one stinking defeat against a pre-made character below Champion title.

So basically a mixture of DP Ash and SM Ash, albeit multiplying the most prominent aspects (battle skill and comic relief) to a weird degree.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder when we will see (perfect) Kalos again

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
While the initial postponement of the Rocket VS Plasma episodes was because of the earthquake, the scrapping of that plotline entirely almost 100% certainly happened because of how incompatible it was with B2W2's plot. Everything they had in mind for their adaptation of the original BW's evil team plot had to be thrown out the window entirely, and that almost definitely included what they had planned for Zekrom.

That's what I think as well.

My take: Considering how far in advance they make the episodes, I think that right after they finish the two-parter, they got word on BW2 (with all the changes) and that's why everything post those episodes didn't have continue that plot in some way: the staff had to come back to square one and rethink everything.

People like to blame on OLM and its staff for everything they didn't like on BW but the production staff certainly had to deal with some very convoluted decisions from Game Freak.

GF wanted those games to be a "relaunch" as in a fresh start, to the point that we could only get the new pokémon (initially) which prompted the anime to have to make itself look a fresh start as well. Then, after they planned on how they were going to use TP, GF just changes everything by making a sequel.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BobbbidyBob said:
An episode where both Ash and Goh call out on each other’s flaws in a meta kind of way could be nice....

That seems like it would be rather unfair to Satoshi since his flaws outnumber Gou's. I don't think the writers would want to write an episode where both boys criticize each other, though. It would take a lot of self-awareness for them to pull it off effectively.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That's what I think as well.

My take: Considering how far in advance they make the episodes, I think that right after they finish the two-parter, they got word on BW2 (with all the changes) and that's why everything post those episodes didn't have continue that plot in some way: the staff had to come back to square one and rethink everything.

People like to blame on OLM and its staff for everything they didn't like on BW but the production staff certainly had to deal with some very convoluted decisions from Game Freak.

GF wanted those games to be a "relaunch" as in a fresh start, to the point that we could only get the new pokémon (initially) which prompted the anime to have to make itself look a fresh start as well. Then, after they planned on how they were going to use TP, GF just changes everything by making a sequel.
If any of the sagas ever get a chance of getting a reboot, the BW saga certainly needs to be the one getting it cause dear lord it was downright disgraceful and the biggest waste of opportunity. Could’ve potentially reached DP levels of greatness due to BW’s storyline alone and the beginning certainly has shown that but ofc Mother Nature just had to ruin everything and the BW2 games didn’t help the case either.

Red and Blue

The only team change in December for Ash I see is Dracovish. It and Suicune need episodes that could be before the new Year

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don’t expect Ash to get a lot of Pokémon, but I would find it as a mistake to not give him some more popular Pokémon like Tyranitar or Absol for example because if you give them to Goh it will just be treated as Golurk and Flygon are and I know a lot of people want to see some more popular Pokémon be utilized in battles more.
I also would see this as a missed opportunity considering the “world tour” theme. Have Ash own more popular and marketable mons from all over and you’ll continue to be rolling in dough soon after. Win-win for fans and win-win for marketers.

:>

Leonhart

Imagineer
Master Pikachu 11 said:
I don’t expect Ash to get a lot of Pokémon, but I would find it as a mistake to not give him some more popular Pokémon like Tyranitar or Absol for example because if you give them to Goh it will just be treated as Golurk and Flygon are and I know a lot of people want to see some more popular Pokémon be utilized in battles more.

I disagree with this reasoning, mainly because as long as Lucario's around, it's not as if those other Pokemon's futures under Satoshi's care would look that much brighter than if Gou ended up with them, especially if they'd just end up like Satoshi's Gangar and Kamonegi. Bangiras in particular has appeared so often throughout the series that it isn't really in dire need of more screen-time anyway from my viewpoint, so the fact that it's cited as a species that should be featured more often in the cast itself is questionable to me.

ShadowForce720

I still think Ash's next capture will be an ice type.

Well looking at the Ice types that Ash and Goh don’t already own these would be the options for Ash to choose from:

Cloyster
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Sneasel/Weavile
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Delibird
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Regice
Snover/Abomasnow
Glaceon
Froslass
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe
Cubchoo/Beartic
Cryogonal
Bergmite/Avalugg
Crabominable
Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash
Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Ninetales
Galarian Mr.Mime/Mr.Rime
Galarian Darumaka/Galarian Darmanitan
Snom/Frosmoth
Eiscue
Arctozolt
Arctovish
Glastrier

Also Calyrex in it’s Ice Rider form and Rotom in it’s Rotom Frost form as well as Castform in it’s Snowy form are all either part or pure Ice types.

Status
Not open for further replies.