• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Well looking at the Ice types that Ash and Goh don’t already own these would be the options for Ash to choose from:

Cloyster
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Sneasel/Weavile
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Delibird
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Regice
Snover/Abomasnow
Glaceon
Froslass
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe
Cubchoo/Beartic
Cryogonal
Bergmite/Avalugg
Crabominable
Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash
Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Ninetales
Galarian Mr.Mime/Mr.Rime
Galarian Darumaka/Galarian Darmanitan
Snom/Frosmoth
Eiscue
Arctozolt
Arctovish
Glastrier

Also Calyrex in it’s Ice Rider form and Rotom in it’s Rotom Frost form as well as Castform in it’s Snowy form are all either part or pure Ice types.
Jynx, A-Vulpix line and G-Mr. Mime line won't be caught by Ash for obvious reasons. The only possible ice type captures for Ash are:

Glaceon
Weavile
Abomasnow
G-Darmanitan
Arctozolt
Frosmoth
Eiscue

ShadowForce720

Jynx, A-Vulpix line and G-Mr. Mime line won't be caught by Ash for obvious reasons. The only possible ice type captures for Ash are:

Glaceon
Weavile
Abomasnow
G-Darmanitan
Arctozolt
Frosmoth
Eiscue

I wouldn’t say those are the only possible Ice types for Ash because most of the other options can work as well.

ShadowForce720

Like what? Beartic? Cloyster? I doubt it since they're not popular.

Alolan Sandslash, Avalugg, Mamoswine, Vanillish to name a few, Beartic, and Cloyster would also work.

Plus where in a series where Ash’s 1st capture was a Dragonite he caught in episode 10, and then later after he caught Riolu he caught a Galarian Farfetch’d a pure fighting type Pokémon even though he had Riolu.

So I don’t think one can just assuming that just because a Pokémon isn’t as popular as some others that Ash wouldn’t be able to still catch it.

At this point we don’t really know what his next capture is going to be. I mean let’s be realistic not that many people really predicted that Ash’s current team would look like it currently does back when this series first started.

Illusio

No words, only rage
If any of the sagas ever get a chance of getting a reboot, the BW saga certainly needs to be the one getting it cause dear lord it was downright disgraceful and the biggest waste of opportunity. Could’ve potentially reached DP levels of greatness due to BW’s storyline alone and the beginning certainly has shown that but ofc Mother Nature just had to ruin everything and the BW2 games didn’t help the case either.

Honestly, even with the B2W2 games they still could've had a good story. Episode N is already very different from the games so it's not like they couldn't have changed it around and put in the leftover ideas they had from the previous season like Zekrom, they just didn't for whatever reason.

esquilo09

Alolan Sandslash, Avalugg, Mamoswine, Vanillish to name a few, Beartic, and Cloyster would also work.

Plus where in a series where Ash’s 1st capture was a Dragonite he caught in episode 10, and then later after he caught Riolu he caught a Galarian Farfetch’d a pure fighting type Pokémon even though he had Riolu.

So I don’t think one can just assuming that just because a Pokémon isn’t as popular as some others that Ash wouldn’t be able to still catch it.

At this point we don’t really know what his next capture is going to be. I mean let’s be realistic not that many people really predicted that Ash’s current team would look like it currently does back when this series first started.
But Ash's team consists of popular Pokémon, G-Farfetch'd can evolve into Sirfetch'd who's also popular, although Lucario and Pikachu are the ones who get more screen time than Dragonite, Core-Gengar and G-Farfetch'd. So it would make sense if Ash's ice type is one of the popular ice types.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Glaceon
Weavile
Abomasnow
G-Darmanitan
Arctozolt
Frosmoth
Eiscue
Excuse me for asking but why can't the A-Vulpix line be caught by Ash?

If you bring up "Because Lillie has it!" That doesn't even work because:
A.) She's not even a recurring Character here
B.) Her Vulpix never even evolved. So Ash can still get A-Ninetails

Plus A-Ninetails is very Popular. It could work for Ash and give him two types he doesn't use often (Ice and Fairy type)

ShadowForce720

But Ash's team consists of popular Pokémon, G-Farfetch'd can evolve into Sirfetch'd who's also popular, although Lucario and Pikachu are the ones who get more screen time than Dragonite, Core-Gengar and G-Farfetch'd. So it would make sense if Ash's ice type is one of the popular ice types.

Whose to say that every single Pokémon that Ash catches this series will be ones that are extremely popular. I mean heck some people would have argued that after Ash caught Riolu that he wasn’t going to get a pure fighting type like Galarian Farfetch’d and yet look what happened.

There isn’t any reason why Alolan Sandslash, Avalugg, Beartic, or etc couldn’t make it on to Ash’s team just even if they aren’t as popular as some other options.

I mean heck before Galarian Farfetch’d Ash’s team outside of Pikachu in the current series consisted of Dual type Pokémon or Pokémon that would become Dual type when they evolved without having overlapping types and yet that didn’t prevent Ash from catching Galarian Farfetch’d.

esquilo09

Excuse me for asking but why can't the A-Vulpix line be caught by Ash?

If you bring up "Because Lillie has it!" That doesn't even work because:
A.) She's not even a recurring Character here
B.) Her Vulpix never even evolved. So Ash can still get A-Ninetails

Plus A-Ninetails is very Popular. It could work for Ash and give him two types he doesn't use often (Ice and Fairy type)
Despite A-Ninetales's popularity, Snowy remained unevolved for market reasons, the only way for Ash to catch A-Ninetales is if he catches it already fully evolved just like he did with Dragonite and Core-Gengar.

Last edited:

esquilo09

Whose to say that every single Pokémon that Ash catches this series will be ones that are extremely popular. I mean heck some people would have argued that after Ash caught Riolu that he wasn’t going to get a pure fighting type like Galarian Farfetch’d and yet look what happened.

There isn’t any reason why Alolan Sandslash, Avalugg, Beartic, or etc couldn’t make it on to Ash’s team just even if they aren’t as popular as some other options.
But G-Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd who's also popular, besides, Lucario and Sirfetch'd have different battle styles and moves so it's okay to type overlap.

ShadowForce720

But G-Farfetch'd evolves into Sirfetch'd who's also popular, besides, Lucario and Sirfetch'd have different battle styles and moves so it's okay to type overlap.

And yet before Ash caught Galarian Farfetch’d the argument would have been that he wasn’t going to catch it because it’s a monotype Pokémon and has a type overlap with another team member when the other team members of Ash’s current team outside of Pikachu were dual type or evolved into dual types and didn’t have any type overlaps.

So your argument doesn’t really work here as there isn’t any reason why Ash couldn’t catch a Alolan Sandslash, Beartic, or one of the other less popular Ice type Pokémon.

esquilo09

And yet before Ash caught Galarian Farfetch’d the argument would have been that he wasn’t going to catch it because it’s a monotype Pokémon and has a type overlap with another team member when the other team members of Ash’s current team outside of Pikachu were dual type or evolved into dual types and didn’t have any type overlaps.

So your argument doesn’t really work here as there isn’t any reason why Ash couldn’t catch a Alolan Sandslash, Beartic, or one of the other less popular Ice type Pokémon.
At least Lucario is a dual type now, while G-farfetch'd will remain a pure type after it evolves. Also I'm not being a jerk, I'm just using logical common sense.

ShadowForce720

At least Lucario is a dual type now, while G-farfetch'd will remain a pure type after it evolves. Also I'm not being a jerk, I'm just using logical common sense.

Which falls apart because Galarian Farfetch’d already threw a kink in the whole argument. If Ash can get Galarian Farfetch’d a monotype Pokémon that has a type overlap with another team member then there isn’t any reason that Ash couldn’t get a Ice type Pokémon that isn’t as popular.

Your not really using common sense here instead your just trying to prop up a trend of Ash’s current team and saying that all of Ash’s captures will follow it, when another trend had already gotten broken by Ash getting Galarian Farfetch’d.

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
Despite A-Ninetales's popularity, Snowy remained unevolved for market reasons, the only way for Ash to catch A-Ninetales is if he catches it already fully evolved just like he did with Dragonite and Core-Gengar.

Much like the "Core-Gangar" thing, I disagree with the reasoning behind your theory about Satoshi not being able to get Alolan Rokon. Shiron not evolving for whatever reason shouldn't affect Satoshi's odds of getting his own Rokon, although I don't particularly care for the species either way. But it's still vastly superior to something like Alolan Sand at least from my viewpoint in terms of aesthetics.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Meh if we’re gonna guess what type Ash’s next capture looks to be, I’m narrowing it down to 4 types which are:
-Dragon
-Fire
-Dark
-Grass.

Grass is due to Grookey, as much as I don’t exactly fully want it to go with Ash, it can’t be ruled out since Grookey is going to eventually join the main cast even if its going to be late, it’s just the truth. Real question is who it’ll get dumped to which tbh isn’t much of a concern since I think all of us just want it to physically debut at this point.

Dark is due to my old marketing argument which ideally, the most realistic would be Tyranitar, specifically his old Larvitar he once cared for in that mini-arc. They surprisingly still remember the thing after all this time in a SM flashback and the world tour theme of this series would make Ash and Larvitar reuniting with the latter being a Tyranitar would make a good continuity and capture opportunity but ofc this remains to be seen if they’re willing to do it.

Fire and Dragon are due to them being some of the most marketable types to exist since they’re what I often refer to as the “cool” types since the appeal of them is due to how they strongly give off shounen vibes since both types are notoriously portrayed as powerful in battle (which they genuinely are) and Ash has gotten at least one Fire type in every saga which I don’t see breaking anytime soon and they’ve been starting to rapidly giving Ash Dragon types after Gible’s capture. And considering Dracovish is set to debut soon, I also can’t exactly rule it out as another Dragon type, let alone an Ash capture.

Last edited:

Ibrahim Saidu

Well looking at the Ice types that Ash and Goh don’t already own these would be the options for Ash to choose from:

Cloyster
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Sneasel/Weavile
Delibird
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Regice
Snover/Abomasnow
Glaceon
Froslass
Cubchoo/Beartic
Cryogonal
Bergmite/Avalugg
Crabominable
Galarian Mr.Mime/Mr.Rime
Snom/Frosmoth
Eiscue
Arctozolt
Arctovish
Glastrier

Also Calyrex in it’s Ice Rider form and Rotom in it’s Rotom Frost form as well as Castform in it’s Snowy form are all either part or pure Ice types.
Personally, if Ash was to capture more Ice Types then Weavile, Abomasnow, Frosmoth and/or Galarian Darmanitan are good choices

Ibrahim Saidu

Cloyster
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Sneasel/Weavile
Delibird
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Regice
Snover/Abomasnow
Glaceon
Froslass
Cubchoo/Beartic
Cryogonal
Bergmite/Avalugg
Crabominable
Galarian Mr.Mime/Mr.Rime
Snom/Frosmoth
Eiscue
Arctozolt
Arctovish
Glastrier

Pls can you do the same for Grass, Fire, Water, Dragon and Electric Types that you want Ash to own

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Being that we're getting close to the beginning of the new year, from what I recall in the past, there's usually promotional material that comes out revolving around the Anime around the start of the new year, a Calendar or something like it. The issue that makes Ash catch predictions harder in this series is the high volume of Goh catches. But hopefully, once we get new promotional material, we'll start being able to better narrow down what's coming in the not too distant future.

BobbbidyBob

That seems like it would be rather unfair to Satoshi since his flaws outnumber Gou's. I don't think the writers would want to write an episode where both boys criticize each other, though. It would take a lot of self-awareness for them to pull it off effectively.
Okay, how about an episode where they explain WHY they like Pokémon so much or why they liked them when they were kids....could make for a heartfelt episode, with some childhood backstory......maybe Ash could mention his dad.....nah that’ll never happen XD

Status
Not open for further replies.