• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

quake

Much like the "Core-Gangar" thing, I disagree with the reasoning behind your theory about Satoshi not being able to get Alolan Rokon. Shiron not evolving for whatever reason shouldn't affect Satoshi's odds of getting his own Rokon, although I don't particularly care for the species either way. But it's still vastly superior to something like Alolan Sand at least from my viewpoint in terms of aesthetics.
Could someone fill me in, what's with the "core" part?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Could someone fill me in, what's with the "core" part?
It's supposed to refer to how Gengar looks like in the games where the purple is lighter than Gengar in the anime until Ash's Gengar. Although that term is only really unnecessarily used by one person on this forum. The top image here is what Gengar used to look like (has been since it's debut from the OS) prior to JN011
800px-Gengar_JN002.png

And this is what Gengar now looks like in the anime after Ash's Gengar debuted in JN011 which is supposedly a callback to what Gengar in the games look like where the purple is lighter unlike the anime which originally had Dark Purple.
800px-Ash_Gengar.png

Why did they truly change it tho? Who knows tbh.

Last edited:

Decidueye23

We are not even half way through. I still have hopes that whatever amount of pokemon he is going to have, he will have agreat team. Remember most if ashs team changes barring two evolurions happened at the end of sun and moon. Rockruff evolves around episode 36 and litten evolved somewhere in the sixties while meltan joined another 30 or 40 episodes later. So lets not count his team out yet.

PsychoLogical

just give ash og larvitar and call it a day for his journeys team they are obviously not going to take too much time away from Lucario and pikachu so let his last capture be a 3 stage pokemon that can develop a bit next to those 2
I wouldn't really put things off yet considering we haven't even reached the halfway point which we wont be doing that anytime soon.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

I really hope you guys aren't taking any of Roh Martin's tweets seriously.

That guy spams a bunch of random merchandise whether it's related to the Anime or not
Who would. And besides, he also steals fan edited works from others without crediting them.

nickdt

I doubt that besides Goh has a better chance of catching Galarian Ponyta. If Ash is to get another regional form then Obstagoon and/or Galarian Darmanitan are good options

They can do the horse and the steed meme with Sirfetch'd and Galarian Rapidash though and make it a rival to horse and steed Calyrex.

ShadowForce720

Pls can you do the same for Grass, Fire, Water, Dragon and Electric Types that you want Ash to own
Basically similar to the Ice type Pokémon list I did just with Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, and Dragon types instead
Vileplume/Bellossom( basically whichever one Goh’s Oddish doesn’t wind up evolving into once it fully evolved)
Bellsprout
Tangela/Tangrowth
Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
Sunken/Sunflora
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Shroomish/Breloom
Budew/Roselia/Roserade
Cannes/Cacturne
Lileep/Cradiliy
Tropius
Wormadam(Plant Cloak)
Cherubi/Cherrim
Snover/Abomasnow
Leafeon
Shaymin
Pansage/Simisage
Cottonseed/Whimsicott
Petilil/Lilligant
Maractus
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Foongus/Amoonguss
Ferroseed/Ferrothorn
Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught
Skiddo/Gogoat
Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist
Morelull/Shiinotic
Fomantis/Lurantis
Dhelmise
Kartana
Grookey/Thwackey/Rillaboom
Gossifleur/Eldegoss
Applin/Flapple/Appletun
Zarude

Also Calyrex is part Grass type and Mow Rotom is Grass type.

Vulpix/Ninetales
Growlithe/Arcanine
Ponyta/Rapidash
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
Moltres
Slugma/Magcargo
Houndour/Houndoom
Entei
Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
Numel/Camerupt
Heatran
Victini
Pansear/Simisear
Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure
Heatmor
Larvesta/Volcarona
Fennekin/Braxien/Delphox
Litleo/Pyroar
Volcanion
Alolan Marowak
Salandit/Salazzle
Turtonator/Blacephalon
Carkol/Coalossal
Sizzlipede/Centiskorch

Heat Rotom, Oricorio(Baile Style),and Sunny Castform are also part Fire type. Also Ho-oh is also part Fire type but they might want to save it for like a final challenge or something else.

Poliwrath/Politoed(similar to the Vileplume/Bellossom situation)
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking
Shellder/Cloyster
Staryu/Starmie
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
Vaporeon
Omanyte/Omastar
Kabuto/Kabutops
Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
Wooper/Quagsire
Qwlifish
Corsola
Remoraid/Octillery
Suicune
Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo
Surskit
Carvanha/Sharpedo
Wailmer/Wailord
Barboach/Whiscash
Feebas/Milotic
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Clampearl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
Bibarel
Shellos/Gastrodon
Finneon/Lumineon
Phione/Manaphy
Panpour/Simipour
Basculin
Tirtouga/Carracosta
Ducklett/Swanna
Frillish/Jellicent
Alomomola
Keldeo
Clauncher/Clawitzer
Skrelp
Volcanion
Popplio/Brionne/Primarina
Whishiwashi
Mareanie/Toxapex
Dewpider/Araquanid
Wimpod/Golisopod
Pyukumuku
Bruxish
Chewtle/Drednaw(depends on whether or not well see the TR Chewtle again)
Cramorant
Arrokuda/Barraskewda
Dracovish
Arctovish

Also Wash Rotom and Rainy Castform are part Water type.

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Voltorb/Electrode
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electrivire
Jolteon
Zapdos
Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos
Raikou
Electrike/Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Pachirisu
Rotom
Blitzed/Zebstrika
Emolga
Tyranitar/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Stunfisk
Joltik/Galvantula
Thundurus
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Dedenne
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Geodude/Alolan Graveler/Alolan Golem
Chargabug/Vikavolt
Togedemaru
Xurkitree
Zeraora
Toxel/Toxtricity
Dracozolt
Arctozolt
Regieleki
Pincurchin
Also Oricorio(Pom-Pom Style) is part Electric type. I suppose Boltund could also be a possibility

Kingdra
Altaria
Bagon/Sheldon/Salamence
Latios
Latias
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Druddigon
Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon
Dragalge
Tyrant/Tyrantrum
Turtonator
Drampa
Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o
Applin/Flapple/Appletun
Dracozolt
Dracovish
Duraludon
Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapult
Regidrago

Leonhart

Imagineer
nickdt said:
I am getting more and more convinced Ash is getting Galarian Ponyta. Its on here as well.

It's been on tons of merchandise, but in this case I don't see why it being on the calendar matters? Kabigon is there too despite nobody in the cast currently owning one, and so are Zacian and Zamazenta who only appeared but weren't caught.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BobbbidyBob said:
Okay, how about an episode where they explain WHY they like Pokémon so much or why they liked them when they were kids....could make for a heartfelt episode, with some childhood backstory......maybe Ash could mention his dad.....nah that’ll never happen XD

Do we really need backstory for Satoshi's like of Pokemon? I admit that I've never really thought about why Satoshi cares for them so much, but 99% of the characters in the anime are the same way, so I don't think it's something that needs clarification. We already sort of know Gou's motives at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.